Browns, Panthers Requesting HC Interviews with Patriots OC and "Former Colts HC" Josh McDaniels

ramssuperbowl99

McDaniels has good points and bad points - he can be very creative, his knack for knowing when/how to call big plays or tricks plays is great. BUT his weaknesses are frustrating. He gets ideas stuck in his head, and refuses to change what doesn't work. He too often goes away from what works, and can be predictable. (His straight refusal to use White this year is just odd, and yet he keeps trying to force Michel in the pass game, when he simply can't do it).

I will never understand why he gets all the blame for Denver though. Cutler/Marshall were equally at fault, there's no excuse for a professionals throwing such tantrums, and Cutler's career progression seems to show McD was right to want to move on - he never grew up, and never improved.

All that said, BB clearly has a ton of respect for his football mind, and BB knows football (but is also always loyal to "his guys").

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:22 PM, lolsurebro said:

Oh boy, that could be scary.

Bad or good way tho?

2 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

McDaniels has good points and bad points - he can be very creative, his knack for knowing when/how to call big plays or tricks plays is great. BUT his weaknesses are frustrating. He gets ideas stuck in his head, and refuses to change what doesn't work. He too often goes away from what works, and can be predictable. (His straight refusal to use White this year is just odd, and yet he keeps trying to force Michel in the pass game, when he simply can't do it).

I will never understand why he gets all the blame for Denver though. Cutler/Marshall were equally at fault, there's no excuse for a professionals throwing such tantrums, and Cutler's career progression seems to show McD was right to want to move on - he never grew up, and never improved.

All that said, BB clearly has a ton of respect for his football mind, and BB knows football (but is also always loyal to "his guys").

Could be a really bizarre deja vu in Cleveland with McDaniels and Mayfield. I think it'd be oil and water once McDaniels diggs into the film and starts getting in his ***.

Josh McDaniels, with his complete lack of interpersonal skills, a “my way or the highway” approach and a system which has only worked when he has had elite, HOF talent across the board, would be such a complete and utter disaster in Cleveland with the egos and “me first” personalities on that roster. 

I almost want the Browns to hire him to just be able to sit back, crack open a beer and watch the ensuing insanity. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Josh McDaniels, with his complete lack of interpersonal skills, a “my way or the highway” approach and a system which has only worked when he has had elite, HOF talent across the board, would be such a complete and utter disaster in Cleveland with the egos and “me first” personalities on that roster. 

I almost want the Browns to hire him to just be able to sit back, crack open a beer and watch the ensuing insanity. 

*Good let hate flow through*

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

His quick passing scheme would be perfect for Baker as well

But being a HC is SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than just about good scheming. There is a list of brilliant coordinators and college coaches who won with scheme who never sniffed success as NFL HCs. There is so much more to the job. I don’t think McD has it. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Those personalities will probably be gone.

Won’t shock me if every big personality except Myles and Baker are gone in 1-2 years. Baker himself is on thin ice.

2 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Josh Mc’drafted Tebow in the first round’daniels is now going to be Head coach and GM of the Browns? What bad could come of that?

And Tebow was actually one of his better draft picks when he was here. At least played, and started, and won a playoff game. Same can’t be said for most others 😂

Truth be told, McD would have to be paired with Casserio (sp?) as the GM so he has someone on the same wavelength. After all, that Quinn/Patricia pairing is working so well in Detroit....

I feel bad for Browns fans. 

14 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

But being a HC is SOOOOOOOOOOO much more than just about good scheming. There is a list of brilliant coordinators and college coaches who won with scheme who never sniffed success as NFL HCs. There is so much more to the job. I don’t think McD has it. 

7 minutes ago, Mizter_Clean10 said:

Josh Mc’drafted Tebow in the first round’daniels is now going to be Head coach and GM of the Browns? What bad could come of that?

McDaniels has already stated or reports are out that state that he doesn’t want full control. Seems like this time around he wants a GM that he likes and can work together with. Rumors are it might be McDaniels and Caserio combo as HC and GM

4 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Like I just said above? 👍

Caserio, I think is better than Quinn. 
McDaniels, I think is better than Pat. Pats was reading the coat tails of Bill and his schemes. Josh had Brady but at least Josh show it was his scheme and it was a scheme he greatly changed year to year. From pass heavy attacks focused around WR, switched it up to pass heavy TE, pass heavy RBs, and things along those nature. 

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

McDaniels has already stated or reports are out that state that he doesn’t want full control. Seems like this time around he wants a GM that he likes and can work together with. Rumors are it might be McDaniels and Caserio combo as HC and GM

Maybe I’m wrong but does BB pretty much call all the shots for NE? I mean Who’s to say Caserio will have anymore success than a Scott Pioli or Bob Quinn?