Browns, Panthers Requesting HC Interviews with Patriots OC and "Former Colts HC" Josh McDaniels

ramssuperbowl99

6 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Oh boy, that could be scary.

How so? Roman has always been a terrible to average offensive coordinator at best. He can only thrive with an RPO style QB who can run, and that's pretty much all predicated on the QB's playmaking ability anyways. He would be a terrible fit in Cleveland.

Stefanski or someone from Reid's coaching tree would work best with that roster.

Edited by Nex_Gen

9 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Can you give us an example of what you mean for both statements?

There is so many, I'm not going to waste your time or mine.  I'll give you one. Screen pass, with Brady doing triple fakes and spinning 720 degrees. He ran it to death and the play sucked! How many times do you have to see Brady throw it into the grown to figure it doesn't work.

PS Just remember Brady took over the play calling in the last two Superbowl wins.  Falcons and Rams. Why Josh sucks

Edited by m haynes

He is not as terrible as some Pats fans will have you believe but I am not sure he is that good either (looking at his overall tenure). When things go bad its Josh's fault and when things go right is because Tom is the GOAT, that's the perception around New England. However, this year the offense has been the worst in a decade so don't expect any praise thrown his way by anyone. Like some have said sometimes they have some terrible play calling; like when nothing is happening they just start throwing bombs which never work. Never stick to one running back and they also give away the play by putting a running back that always runs and one that always catches, teams just crowd the line when they see Sony. This year they had one single good game against a good defense and all year long they have been beat like a drum by every single bad to average defense they have faced. They couldn't run block, couldn't pass protect, couldn't complete catches, couldn't move the ball and couldn't score unless given a short field position. Some of that is injuries and lack of talent but it was very frustrating to watch week in and week out. Ultimately, I think he does a good job for the most part when he has talent to work with but falls very flat on his face otherwise.

Edited by The Third Rider
  • Like 1

I just dont get the point.

He has shown more bad than good, especially when Billy B isnt holding his hand and Brady isnt there to make him look better.

Browns should go after someone who actually has a semi decent track record, especially as a head coach.     OR, at least go get a promising coordinator.

Either way, there are far better options out there than McDaniels.    

However, Haslam is a complete dunce, so I wouldnt be shocked to see him make another horrible choice.   For Browns fans sake....lets hope he accidentally makes a better one.  

4 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

would not go near him ruined denver

and quit on the colts

forget this guy

this is what I though, and as a result can't see why anyone would consider him. Why would anyone consider him? Sadly, he will end up somewhere and waste a team and it's fans for the few years then eventually get fired unless he has a few superstar draft picks carry him. When he was in denver that was  a fail and I thought he would never get a HC job again, then there was the Indy incidentO.o

8 hours ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I wouldn’t sign him with a pen, use a sharpie

how about a crayon