Browns, Panthers Requesting HC Interviews with Patriots OC and "Former Colts HC" Josh McDaniels

ramssuperbowl99

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Caserio, I think is better than Quinn. 
McDaniels, I think is better than Pat. Pats was reading the coat tails of Bill and his schemes. Josh had Brady but at least Josh show it was his scheme and it was a scheme he greatly changed year to year. From pass heavy attacks focused around WR, switched it up to pass heavy TE, pass heavy RBs, and things along those nature. 

Again, even I won’t argue McD isn’t a good coordinator. I still don’t think he’s a HC. 

People out there still say his primary failing here with the Broncos was his personnel decisions. And while they were bad, he was even worse as a HC.

His game planning was a disaster, his adjustments were non-existent, he tried to coordinate the defense and special teams, he had no institutional control, he divided the locker room, he played favorites with the media, he played games with the injury report, he tried to spy on the 49ers practice and he presided over a total s***show where no one had any idea what they were doing, whet their assignments were, what their role was, etc. I hate guys in the Broncos IT department who told me he was a nightmare to deal with. 

It was as disastrous and as dysfunctional as things could get. Having a yes-man as GM isn’t going to change that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, buno67 said:

McDaniels has already stated or reports are out that state that he doesn’t want full control. Seems like this time around he wants a GM that he likes and can work together with. Rumors are it might be McDaniels and Caserio combo as HC and GM

Christ, why are you trying to justify such an irrational and stupid decision as hiring McGenius?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 9:03 AM, MWil23 said:

A power hungry coach who dismantled Denver, failed to recreate the Patriots 2.0 and then quit on the Colts? What could possibly go wrong?

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. 

• Like 1

I think Josh learned a lot from his Denver days. He was just immature to handle all of that. I think then from now is going to be completely different. He doesn’t want full control of the team which is also good. However ****ty how he did the colts I’m sure the pats job and waiting it out was more desirable even now seeing as what happened.

On 12/31/2019 at 5:53 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Again, even I won’t argue McD isn’t a good coordinator. I still don’t think he’s a HC. 

People out there still say his primary failing here with the Broncos was his personnel decisions. And while they were bad, he was even worse as a HC.

His game planning was a disaster, his adjustments were non-existent, he tried to coordinate the defense and special teams, he had no institutional control, he divided the locker room, he played favorites with the media, he played games with the injury report, he tried to spy on the 49ers practice and he presided over a total s***show where no one had any idea what they were doing, whet their assignments were, what their role was, etc. I hate guys in the Broncos IT department who told me he was a nightmare to deal with. 

It was as disastrous and as dysfunctional as things could get. Having a yes-man as GM isn’t going to change that. 

In short, he's an ahole with no leadership skills. No way would I want this guy as a HC and that was before the Colt fiasco. He actually did the Colts a favor as it turns out. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2019 at 4:48 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

I just dont get the point.

He has shown more bad than good, especially when Billy B isnt holding his hand and Brady isnt there to make him look better.

Browns should go after someone who actually has a semi decent track record, especially as a head coach.     OR, at least go get a promising coordinator.

Either way, there are far better options out there than McDaniels.    

However, Haslam is a complete dunce, so I wouldnt be shocked to see him make another horrible choice.   For Browns fans sake....lets hope he accidentally makes a better one.  

My gut feeling is that it will be Stefanski from MIN. He was the guy Depodesta wanted last year but Dorsey went with Kitchens and it sounds like Depodesta is leading the coaching search this year. If Stefanski was his guy last year he told the Browns to hire, I wouldnt be shocked if it wasnt him again.

With that said, I have no idea what makes him qualified to be a NFL HC outside of the fact that hes apparently a good run game coordinator. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 8:53 AM, TheBeast23 said:

I think Josh learned a lot from his Denver days. He was just immature to handle all of that. I think then from now is going to be completely different. He doesn’t want full control of the team which is also good. However ****ty how he did the colts I’m sure the pats job and waiting it out was more desirable even now seeing as what happened.

There is literally no evidence to support that he learned anything. Why do people keep saying this?

28 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

There is literally no evidence to support that he learned anything. Why do people keep saying this?

You don’t believe a few more years under Bill and maturity and experiences in Denver didn’t help him learn anything? Why do people keep saying he hasn’t. His time in Denver was dumpster fire. You can’t tell me he didn’t learn a thing from that. Him not wanting control of the team if he gets hired alone shows growth from his past. 

30 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

You don’t believe a few more years under Bill and maturity and experiences in Denver didn’t help him learn anything? Why do people keep saying he hasn’t. His time in Denver was dumpster fire. You can’t tell me he didn’t learn a thing from that. Him not wanting control of the team if he gets hired alone shows growth from his past. 

For you to say you think he has learned a lot without any evidence of it is no different than people saying he hasn’t learned anything with no evidence. 

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

For you to say you think he has learned a lot without any evidence of it is no different than people saying he hasn’t learned anything with no evidence. 

McDaniels himself has said he made mistakes in Denver and learned from them: https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/11723/josh-mcdaniels-says-he-learned-from-a-lot-of-mistakes-with-broncos

That's the only evidence you will get either way because he hasn't had a second stint as head coach.

I'm not defending McDaniels' head coaching record or him backing out of the Colts' job. But you nearly had the same thing happen to Belichick in his career and now he is considered the GOAT. Success as an assistant, failure as a HC, back to assistant, then backed out of a HC job. Then in his second stint as HC, he went on to have the most successful 20-year run of any franchise in NFL history.

I am not saying McDaniels will become the next GOAT coach. He won't. But making some blanket judgment on how he will be as a HC for the rest of his career at this point is foolish.

And yes, everyone who said a couple years ago that he would never sniff another HC opportunity in the league certainly look silly now.

Edited by childofpudding

6 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

McDaniels himself has said he made mistakes in Denver and learned from them: https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/11723/josh-mcdaniels-says-he-learned-from-a-lot-of-mistakes-with-broncos

That's the only evidence you will get either way because he hasn't had a second stint as head coach.

I'm not defending McDaniels' head coaching record or him backing out of the Colts' job. But you nearly had the same thing happen to Belichick in his career and now he is considered the GOAT. Success as an assistant, failure as a HC, back to assistant, then backed out of a HC job. Then in his second stint as HC, he went on to have the most successful 20-year run of any franchise in NFL history.

I am not saying McDaniels will become the next GOAT coach. He won't. But making some blanket judgment on how he will be as a HC for the rest of his career at this point is foolish.

And yes, everyone who said a couple years ago that he would never sniff another HC opportunity in the league certainly look silly now.

I have no stance on it either way. Just pointing out we know nothing yet about what he has learned if he has at all. It’s one thing to blabber out words it’s another thing when you are back in it and really see if you learned. I say all the time I’m not going to drink like that and I’ve learned but guess what once in the situation there I go again. So let’s see

17 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I have no stance on it either way. Just pointing out we know nothing yet about what he has learned if he has at all. It’s one thing to blabber out words it’s another thing when you are back in it and really see if you learned. I say all the time I’m not going to drink like that and I’ve learned but guess what once in the situation there I go again. So let’s see

HAHAHA. Yes, good point.

• Like 1