Browns, Panthers Requesting HC Interviews with Patriots OC and "Former Colts HC" Josh McDaniels

ramssuperbowl99

20 hours ago, TheBeast23 said:

You don’t believe a few more years under Bill and maturity and experiences in Denver didn’t help him learn anything? Why do people keep saying he hasn’t. His time in Denver was dumpster fire. You can’t tell me he didn’t learn a thing from that. Him not wanting control of the team if he gets hired alone shows growth from his past. 

Nope, and based on the Colts debacle, it is more likely he's learned nothing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I think this will influence the Brady decision more than anything else. Still weird considering he u-turned on the Colts only last year and now wants in on a team that can't stop firing head coaches. 

I think McDaniels' market for teams isn't nearly as hot as it was post-IND.   CAR was interested, but pretty clear they wanted Rhule as their top guy.   Frankly, after the IND debacle, McDaniels needs to hit - and he's not likely going to be the top candidate in several orgs because of the lack of trust post-IND.    

The one good part about CLE is talent-wise, they're clearly ready to contend.   There's no rebuild here.  McDaniels success or failure wouldn't be due to a lack of team talent.   And he's also likely to have far more team personnel input in CLE than anywhere else.  Whether that's a good or bad thing is very much up for debate given the DEN experience, but from his perspective, I don't think he can do any better than CLE, even with the cloud of possible owner interference.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I hope the Browns pay McD everything. He's going to sink that franchise further than they even know possible, and I'm absolutely HERE for it.

I don't think things can get much worse from what we've experienced for the past 20 years, but who knows?

• Like 1