Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Saints (13-3)

swede700

44 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

So that leaves Rhodes, Waynes, Hill, Boyd, and Sherels as the healthy CBs?

Is Rhodes ever truly healthy though?  His name should always come with an asterisk, as he exits and re-enters the games a little too frequently for my liking.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, whitehops said:

that's actually pretty big news considering the saints were one of the most penalized teams this season, including offensive and defensive holding. 

This should be sorted by offensive holding.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=oh

Saints tied for 2nd most with 25 and the Vikings were right behind them tied for 5th at 24.

Defensive holding was 16 for Saints (tied for 3rd) and 10 for Vikings.

Big loss with Alexander and Hughes out.  Hopefully they just keep playing aggressive football, tackling hard and getting turnovers, sacks and big hits.  Really they should play with nothing to lose because few even think they will be competitive in this game most likely.  Play aggressive and loose, better yet play angry off that Green Bay performance, the OL sure did this past week against Chicago it seemed.

Got to believe a lot of the more veteran players especially on D are getting tired of either not being in the playoffs or losing when they get there.  

6 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Either way to win this game, we are realistically going to have to put up around 34 points (ish) barring how well our defense plays. With a healthy offense, we can do it, but it will be a battle. 

34 would win it, but I do think that's high. Both teams will find success on offense, but it won't be big explosive and quick scores. Each team will force the other to drive the field and eat clock. Game could feature 4 total punts and still only be a 31-27 type game.

57 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

34 would win it, but I do think that's high. Both teams will find success on offense, but it won't be big explosive and quick scores. Each team will force the other to drive the field and eat clock. Game could feature 4 total punts and still only be a 31-27 type game.

You don’t think New Orleans will have explosive plays against us?

17 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

You don’t think New Orleans will have explosive plays against us?

they aren't an especially big-play offense, they rank 15th in the league for most explosive plays (18th in explosive rushing plays and 16th in explosive passing plays). for comparison, we were 5th in explosive plays (12th in rushing and 6th in passing).

we also gave up the sixth least in both rushing and passing explosive plays, so while they'll probably get a couple chunk plays against us on the ground and through the air, i would more expect them to methodically drive down the field.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

They don't show up for me either, but I think I found a setting the first day I was on this board and disabled them. Maybe there is a similar setting for mobile to enable/disable. I personally found the signatures to be annoying, but I had to set one once after losing a sig line bet. I hope I don't still have that sig line. I think it said something about @SteelKing728 being a far superior evaluator of talent than me owing to the nature of the bet he won that related to what we expected out of some player.

Iirc, the terms of the bet only involved me having to display that sig for some period of time but that does not mean that SteelKing is not still a superior evaluator.

let's not get carried away now..

Lol. Just kidding!

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the Nickel this week. Hughes is the best back up Nickel and with him out, I wonder if that means Kearse or if they slip one of Hill, or Boyd in there. I think Kearse might do well with Thomas's physical style of play but may not be able to really handle his quick moves.