Giants fire Shurmur

SteelKing728

2 minutes ago, Elky said:

Washington will be hiring Rivera.

Shurmur absolutely had to go. The team went backwards this season.

Why is Gentleman getting a pass for said season / results though?

I do believe this was an attempt to at least give Rivera a possible out, if he wanted to choose NYG instead.

• Like 2

Shurmur seems like a good guy. Professional coach. He just doesn’t have the personality to be a HC in this league. Team was making costly mistakes and having miscommunication right through week 17. That’s on the coaches. 

Gettleman should get a chance because of the Daniel Jones selection. I think he got us our franchise QB, even though he botched other areas of the roster (offensive line). We’ll have a lot more cap space this offseason with dead money off the books. Hopefully this means we’ll see less Betheas and Ogletrees and Halapios on the field next year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Shurmur seems like a good guy. Professional coach. He just doesn’t have the personality to be a HC in this league. Team was making costly mistakes and having miscommunication right through week 17. That’s on the coaches. 

Gettleman should get a chance because of the Daniel Jones selection. I think he got us our franchise QB, even though he botched other areas of the roster (offensive line). We’ll have a lot more cap space this offseason with dead money off the books. Hopefully this means we’ll see less Betheas and Ogletrees and Halapios on the field next year. 

Never forget October 1st, 2019. :) 

everyone-is-stupid-except-for-me-2711043

This is an L for your boy Gettleman. 

Edited by PapaShogun

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

GM Mac at the time told Rhule he had no say in his defensive staff and that is the disagreement they had which Rhule decided to turn it down. Had Mac said yes to it then Mac would still be the GM of the Jets. Instead he went with Gase who turned around and got him fired. 

• Like 1