Giants fire Shurmur

SteelKing728

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He was given a QB that should have retired 3 years ago and a rookie QB this season. Very few coaches would have succeeded in New York.

He was also penned as some sort of offensive guru and struggled to get one of the most lethal players in the league involved in the offense. Couldn't get a revamped Oline to block. Couldn't get a young rookie QB to stop fumbling. He's not 100% to blame but considering he was the HC and the playcaller the offensive woes are fairly attributed to him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

He was also penned as some sort of offensive guru and struggled to get one of the most lethal players in the league involved in the offense. Couldn't get a revamped Oline to block. Couldn't get a young rookie QB to stop fumbling. He's not 100% to blame but considering he was the HC and the playcaller the offensive woes are fairly attributed to him.

Well you ruined a good thing the Vikings had going for them. Go sit in time out!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gmen said:

My top choice is Matt Rhule. He was the assistant Oline coach for the Giants, and that’s where the Giants need improvement.  Gettleman was with the Giants during his time here.

Second choice is Ron Rivera.

Depending on the coordinators, I think Rhule would be a great hire for you all. So don't do it.

Connor Hughes: belief is Giants would be Rhule’s “dream job”

Peter Schrager
@PSchrags
· 58m
The assumption that Baylor HC Matt Rhule wouldn't want to come to NYG because of Dave Gettleman is jumping to a flawed conclusion.

Rhule and Gettleman worked together on the 2012 Giants team. There's a relationship there. @gmfb

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

There is zero chance McDaniels even interviews with the Browns, but the Giants I could definitely see - ticks a lot of the boxes from an ownership perspective. Can't see him getting along with Gettleman though. 

How do you think McDaniels would fare as a head coach this time around? I think he may be very interested, if I'm reading the signs from the pre draft work he did with Jones correctly. I dont think he is a head coach in the league, but at the very least he'd get the most out of Saquon. 

Shurmur is a good guy, good coordinator, awful head coach. Belichick always says that he is going to make you beat him without your best player, because he is taking them out of the game. Shurmur took his best player out of the game for the other team. Shurmur would run him up the middle 15 times a game and never got him out in space. It was absolutely maddening. That was only one issue among a ton of others as well though.