Giants fire Shurmur

SteelKing728

7 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It just needs to be stated:  Kay Adams is gorgeous!

I had the pleasure of meeting Kay Adams last month! She told me, in confidence, that the Giants were sure to be firing Shurmur.

She also said that she and @Uncle Buck would be making a "special announcement" soon. She said, "Well, if HE'S Uncle Buck, I want to be Aunt Kay!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bzane said:

I had the pleasure of meeting Kay Adams last month! She told me, in confidence, that the Giants were sure to be firing Shurmur.

She also said that she and @Uncle Buck would be making a "special announcement" soon. She said, "Well, if HE'S Uncle Buck, I want to be Aunt Kay!"

At any point did she mention that the reason Shurmur was fired was a lack of Stefon Diggs on his team?!?

He Dat Boy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bzane said:

Come on bzane, you know I was holding out for Kate Mara.  She had to go and get married to some foreigner who thinks of soccer when he hears the word "football."  For shame!  You are going to have to take up the slack and handle Kay Adams.  ;)

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Here's the complete longlist of QBs that McCarthy developed:

Aaron Rodgers

Actually, you can also add another QB to that list:  NFL League MVP Rich Gannon. I heard him in an interview on Sirius NFL Radio talking about what he did to go from being a bench player to becoming the league MVP and he gave a HUGE amount of the credit to working with Mike McCarthy when they were both with the Kansas City Chiefs.  It was amazing.  He said McCarthy taught him the correct way to study game tape, how to prepare for games, etc., etc.  He mentioned a bunch of things.  The sad thing is that he played for Denny Green's Vikings and never learned a lot of those things.  A team with a young QB could do a LOT worse than having Mike McCarthy as their head coach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

At any point did she mention that the reason Shurmur was fired was a lack of Stefon Diggs on his team?!?

He Dat Boy!

Good Gosh!, @SteelKing728you just may be right!

Kay didn't mention Stefon Diggs- she was too busy fending off my harrassing advances (successfully)- BUT, I see now where the fault for the Giants' latest dismal season lies, NOT as fans think, with Pat Shurmur, their patchwork offensive line, their bargain-basement linebackers, their kiddie-corps defensive backfield, their feeble pass-rush, Saquon Barkley's high-ankle sprain, and their many good-ol'-boy former buddies of James Bettcher, Dave Gettleman, and Shurmy- instead, it may be attributed to their failure to acquire, for the bargain price of their next five first-round picks, ***STEFON DIGGS*** !!

What gets me is, Shurmy used to coach on Stefon's team, and in fact, may actually owe his own success to The Magic Man. For shame, Pat Shurmur!

FULL-DISCLOSURE UPDATE:  @SteelKing728Pretty sure the reason I overlooked the very obvious absence of ***STEFON DIGGS*** from the Giants' ragtag roster was because I somehow missed The 5th Annual STEFON DIGGS Appreciation Thread  this year. This yearly ritual, where thousands of us make a pilgrimmage to that statue of Stefon soaring high into the night sky to snag that legendary pass, serves as a reminder of the man's greatness. But I congratulate YOU on Keeping the Faith; kudos and thanks for jogging my forgetful memory!

Photographic evidence: BOO YAHH!

Image result for Pat Shurmur and Stefon Diggs
Edited by bzane
Update
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Come on bzane, you know I was holding out for Kate Mara.  She had to go and get married to some foreigner who thinks of soccer when he hears the word "football."  For shame!  You are going to have to take up the slack and handle Kay Adams.  ;)

@Uncle Buck, you sly dog, you got more hot babes than you can handle, and you follow a better football team than I do!

Uhhh, pretty sure I would not be able to handle Kay Adams- I got turned down when I asked Whitney Way Thorr to the Senior Prom :x :x

10 minutes ago, bzane said:

@Uncle Buck, you sly dog, you got more hot babes than you can handle, and you follow a better football team than I do!

Uhhh, pretty sure I would not be able to handle Kay Adams- I got turned down when I asked Whitney Way Thorr to the Senior Prom :x :x

Whitney just knew she wouldn't be able to compete with Kay.  It was inevitable that you would have moved on eventually.