The first entry into the Texans Ring of Honor is...

ET80

On 7/18/2017 at 9:35 PM, mse326 said:

Talk about forgone conclusion long ago. The Hall of Fame is the question. I think he's in. Maybe Pancakes can finally do something useful and push that through without a 5+ year wait after eligibility.

There is a lot of guys at the WR position waiting to get in, I doubt AJ gets in the first couple of tries. His TD number is extremely low in comparison to others.

8 hours ago, amazingandre said:
On 7/18/2017 at 9:35 PM, mse326 said:

Talk about forgone conclusion long ago. The Hall of Fame is the question. I think he's in. Maybe Pancakes can finally do something useful and push that through without a 5+ year wait after eligibility.

There is a lot of guys at the WR position waiting to get in, I doubt AJ gets in the first couple of tries. His TD number is extremely low in comparison to others

That's my thought - there's a logjam at the position as is, and a few guys who might be considered better that'll be up for nomination around the same time (Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith most notably come to mind).

One feather in his hat? The voters like to be in history as well. Johnson would be the first HOF from the Texans, and that's a footnote that won't be lost on the voters.

3 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:
12 hours ago, amazingandre said:

There is a lot of guys at the WR position waiting to get in, I doubt AJ gets in the first couple of tries. His TD number is extremely low in comparison to others

That's my thought - there's a logjam at the position as is, and a few guys who might be considered better that'll be up for nomination around the same time (Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith most notably come to mind).

One feather in his hat? The voters like to be in history as well. Johnson would be the first HOF from the Texans, and that's a footnote that won't be lost on the voters.

A lot of the log jam cleared. Whether it builds up again will depend on how quickly some of the other WR HoF candidates from this time make it and how quickly the voters get off their moral high horse and put TO in.

Archived