Head Coach Search

Acgott

33 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Ya true. But from the way he spoke he seemed like he was being honest. 

It’s also one of those tough spots that it’s sort of what he has to say.  He can’t say “yeah man after the bowl game i’m packing up and heading to NYG!!!” the day before his bowl game.

I think he stays unless he gets everything he wants. He has a perfect situation at Baylor. I personally believe DG is a real hinderance to him coming. But as one twitter user put it, I am just a #Gettlemanhater  

On 12/31/2019 at 4:26 PM, Giants4eva said:

Ya true. But from the way he spoke he seemed like he was being honest. 

Sounds like if the Giants want him they have to play by his rules. I know DG is not going to cede any level of decision making to Rhule, so if the Giants want him they are gonna have to can DG. 

• Like 1

Rhule is obviously the hot name for us, though I won't pretend to know enough to have an opinion. Everything I've read seems really positive though.

I see McCarthy as a very possible choice.. I think the Giants have always valued head coaching experience (minus McAdoo) and he is an offensive guy that can capitalize on the talent we have on this roster immediately. He wouldn't be my first choice but it just has Giants written all over it to me. 

idk enough about Kris Richard but one of the guys I have my eyes on in FA is Byron Jones. I think he is the perfect guy for us to spend our big $$ on in FA. He's still young, fast and versatile. Can play a little CB and FS for us and be the new veteran leader of the secondary. If Kris Richard gets the job, I think prying him away from DAL could be much more of a reality. 

I just don't see Bieniemy or Wink getting the job tbh. I think they're going to go offense minded again and I don't think KC's offense is the kind of offense Gettelman and NYG want to run.

9 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

I just don't see Bieniemy or Wink getting the job tbh. I think they're going to go offense minded again and I don't think KC's offense is the kind of offense Gettelman and NYG want to run.

Ugh. This guy. I'm ready to kick him out if/when he hires another crap coach, and has us looking for a new GM/Coach combo.