There is no particular order to this but

-QB to compete

-Starting RG

-OT to compete

-New Y TE

-Possibly new U TE

-Speed WR, the Bears get pathetic YAC yards and have no real deep threat

-Backup RB

Agreed on all counts, but if 'QB to compete' costs valuable $$$ that I can't use to upgrade at RG, OT, TE then I'd hesitate there.

I believe you can find a quality RG in the draft

OT I am not sure what they do here since Leno and Massie are commanding $$$; perhaps draft as well?

TE - I'm throwing money at Hunter Henry

Speed WR - Phillip Dorsett. Turns 27 in January and has metrics quite similar to Tyreek Hill (no, I'm not saying they are the same player)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed on all counts, but if 'QB to compete' costs valuable $$$ that I can't use to upgrade at RG, OT, TE then I'd hesitate there.

I believe you can find a quality RG in the draft

OT I am not sure what they do here since Leno and Massie are commanding $$$; perhaps draft as well?

TE - I'm throwing money at Hunter Henry

Speed WR - Phillip Dorsett. Turns 27 in January and has metrics quite similar to Tyreek Hill (no, I'm not saying they are the same player)

I like this a lot. Highest I'd go on a guy like Dalton/Carr/Newton is 3 years with 2 of them guaranteed at no more than 20m a year.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That is a lot of money.

Only Newton is worth that in my opinion if healthy.

Yeah, this team is not built to absorb that cost for a QB that doesn't give you a big step up from Mitch. I think you need to sign a veteran but it's going to be someone making "good backup money" as opposed to starting money.  With even slightly better QB, OL play this team is a playoff team but would need some great dice rolls to go far. 

I'll be glad (for my fall Sundays)  when they DON'T do this but I think need to need to figure out what parts of this team will be good in 2022 and start losing everyone else. This team is not an average QB away from a Super Bowl, and they're not going to get there in one offseason.  Tank and get a very good QB prospect in 2021. Ugh. 

3 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

A lot of that is on Trubisky, though. The Bears WRs are not at all a slow bunch. 

All of them have negative expected YAC yards. That is on them.

2 things that hurt the Bears WR YAC

1. They suck at blocking and the swings and screens get blown up

2. None of them are fast, beside Gabriel who is gone and has never been an explosive threat for the Bears.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

All of them have negative expected YAC yards. That is on them.

2 things that hurt the Bears WR YAC

1. They suck at blocking and the swings and screens get blown up

2. None of them are fast, beside Gabriel who is gone and has never been an explosive threat for the Bears.

Agree, the only issue I have with YAC is that Tru can't hit open receivers when they have 3 yards on their guy. That should be something to add YAC to their numbers but he can't even provide a completion there, let alone hit them in stride when their man is beat.

It is amazing how few tackles they can make miss in the open field. Miller last year was a hellish runner and would bulldoze people at least, ARob ill fight but is more of a possession guy than a YAC guy (which I can definitely live with), and no one else can make people miss except Patterson. And he isn't exactly a talented receiver/routerunner.

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We need a speed WR desperately. The Bears YAC production is pathetic.

It's that time of season *cracks knuckles*:

** All results are Pro-Day unless otherwise indicated **

Tyreek Hill

185 lbs

1.50/2.51/4.29

13 reps 225

40.5" vert

10'9" broad

4.06 shuttle

6.53 cone

Phillip Dorsett

185 lbs

1.48/2.45/4.28

13 reps 225 (combine)

38" vert

10'9" broad

4.03 shuttle

6.70 cone (combine)

I agree 100%. 

Problem for Bears is OT and QB are two of very hardest positions to fill in NFL.  

A LOT of teams need them every year.  And FA OTs often get hurt.   

Good blocking and receiving TEs are relatively easier, but don’t grow on trees.  And rookies no matter how talented are almost always bad.  

Tough situation.