With Bruce gone

TOUCAN

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok, my bad, missed that. Yeah, usually late first round picks and below take a year or two to develop until they become starter quality OTs. 

And dear 8 pound 6 ounce new born baby Jesus I hope we draft Chase Young.

If we did trade down for more picks though, Andrew Thomas may be available when we would have that first round pick.

and i would be ok with that if we traded trnt for draft capital

If Chase Young went with the first pick (which I doubt) I would love to get Miamis 5, 18, and 2nd round pick. Along with packaging Trent and Scherrf to the Browns for their 1st and 2nd round pick

I mean Imagine this

1)5 Andrew Thomas LT-Georgia

1)10 Ceedee Lamb WR-OU

1)18 Kenneth Murray ILB-OU

2) Xavier Mckinny FS-Alabama

2) Bryce Hall CB-UVA

3) Colby Parkinson TE-Stanford

4) KJ Hill WR-OSU

4) Sam Ehlinger QB-Texas

5) Brycen Hopkins TE-Purdue

7) BPA

7) BPA

talk about a pipe dream! would never happen though,but realistically could

6 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

If Chase Young went with the first pick (which I doubt) I would love to get Miamis 5, 18, and 2nd round pick. Along with packaging Trent and Scherrf to the Browns for their 1st and 2nd round pick

I mean Imagine this

1)5 Andrew Thomas LT-Georgia

1)10 Ceedee Lamb WR-OU

1)18 Kenneth Murray ILB-OU

2) Xavier Mckinny FS-Alabama

2) Bryce Hall CB-UVA

3) Colby Parkinson TE-Stanford

4) KJ Hill WR-OSU

4) Sam Ehlinger QB-Texas

5) Brycen Hopkins TE-Purdue

7) BPA

7) BPA

talk about a pipe dream! would never happen though,but realistically could

You had it right with pipe dream brother! 🤣 Very creative thinking though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

only problem I have with that is that then your either looking to replace him in FA and overpay in a week LT market or draft a LT  with the pick you get for him and hope that he pans out. I would love to trade him and grab his replacement in the 2nd round but its not a given that they will produce. I mean look at Christian, yeah he was a 3rd rounder but he hasnt done squat.

I guess im just hesitant bc if you look at the 2019 draft class for tackles in the first two rounds how many panned out? Dillard and Howard I dont think even played

I think Dillard is gonna be a really good one — he was just stuck behind two absolute stars in Peters and Johnson — but I definitely think your evaluation of what to do with Trent is on point. 

On a personal level, I don’t really want Trent here anymore. I think he’s selfish and spoiled, and every time words come out of his mouth, I find myself wanting him here even less. 

BUT

He’s an excellent player, and it’s absolutely critical for the development of Haskins that the pass protection be top quality. With Trent back at LT, we could make an upgrade at RT (which is kind of a shame, because I do actually like Morgan Moses for the most part) and really shore up this OL in a hurry. 

The alternative is trying to find a replacement in the offseason, and as you said, the options there just aren’t great. I’d love to be able to ignore LT and focus on all the other positions of need like MLB, TE, FS, CB, etc. So for that reason, and pretty much that reason alone, I think I’d choose to let bygones be bygones and lay out the welcome mat for Trent. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think Dillard is gonna be a really good one — he was just stuck behind two absolute stars in Peters and Johnson — but I definitely think your evaluation of what to do with Trent is on point. 

On a personal level, I don’t really want Trent here anymore. I think he’s selfish and spoiled, and every time words come out of his mouth, I find myself wanting him here even less. 

BUT

He’s an excellent player, and it’s absolutely critical for the development of Haskins that the pass protection be top quality. With Trent back at LT, we could make an upgrade at RT (which is kind of a shame, because I do actually like Morgan Moses for the most part) and really shore up this OL in a hurry. 

The alternative is trying to find a replacement in the offseason, and as you said, the options there just aren’t great. I’d love to be able to ignore LT and focus on all the other positions of need like MLB, TE, FS, CB, etc. So for that reason, and pretty much that reason alone, I think I’d choose to let bygones be bygones and lay out the welcome mat for Trent. 

I agree. They can’t fill all the holes this offseason, but having a fresh Trent Williams for another year or 2 in front of Haskins is a huge upgrade 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, e16bball said:

BUT

EricTurtle1.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t think you could rely on Trent before this whole thing. Super talented but injury prone. That’s not going to get better as he ages. It’s bad that we didn’t adequately prepare for a future without him (thanks Bruce...), but I think it’s too late to turn back now.

Bingo! Add in my thoughts on him and I literally do not care to have him back. Trade him for whatever we can get and move on.

3 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don’t think you could rely on Trent before this whole thing. Super talented but injury prone. That’s not going to get better as he ages. It’s bad that we didn’t adequately prepare for a future without him (thanks Bruce...), but I think it’s too late to turn back now.

Besides, with a top guard like Flowers, who needs anything beyond a league average LT?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Besides, with a top guard like Flowers, who needs anything beyond a league average LT?  

Eventually they’ll wise up and play both tackles on the right side and just let the Power of Flowers hold down the blind side.  

• Like 2