With Bruce gone

TOUCAN

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I take it you lost faith in William's for watever reason so I think it's best from these gatherings you put William's on the Trade Block ASAP and if you get a 2nd round pick offer we can discuss restructuring his deal with that team. 

If no 2nd round pick is offered, my Client will return when some GUARANTEED money added to his current contract and work his way to more throughout the offseason and season. Meaning showing up to OTA's, Mini Camp, Preseason, ect. 

Deal or No Deal? 

Except if you hold out because there won't be new money on the table, I cannot get the 2nd round pick because teams will (rightfully) think that you have no intention of playing with Washington and thus will lowball me. Likewise, if I add guaranteed money to the table to entice you back, if I am able to later on trade you, I potentially eat those monies from a cap perspective for no gain (beyond the trade compensation I got).

This doesn't sound like a great deal for me: pay you more money to get you to come to camp (like you are supposed to) so I can eat those if I'm able to trade you. And there's no guarantee that you won't just retire or hold out if you don't like what's going on. Keep in mind, your client signed a contract previously that has incentives for him to show up at OTAs and minicamps, but didn't seem to mind missing them (as well as game checks). What makes me think that if I send him more money that he'll show up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but that happens every offseason for every player. 

Absolutely it does. So their offseasons are what, a few months? Given OTAs and such, the average player goes without needing those skills for anywhere from 3-5 months. Trent's going on 13+ months and counting. That's a huge amount of time not needing to get the brain and body in synch to deal with the movements of other 300lb people.

I guess it would be a concern with Trent bc he didn’t play last year

Correct, it is a concern.

but coordination, athleticism and reaction time for a 330 pound guy is the last thing I’m worried about with Trent Williams, especially with him being a 10 year vet.

You need that to react to the snap and the first step of the DL across from you. To shift off of defenders and make the moves that simply running around a track and running wind sprints isn't going to get you. He's gone over a year since having to use those skills. They will be quite rusty.

It’s jut not something he’s ever shown to have an issue with. I would worry that he’s out of shape and not in shape to play football. 

When has he held out for a year before?

16 minutes ago, Woz said:

Except if you hold out because there won't be new money on the table, I cannot get the 2nd round pick because teams will (rightfully) think that you have no intention of playing with Washington and thus will lowball me. Likewise, if I add guaranteed money to the table to entice you back, if I am able to later on trade you, I potentially eat those monies from a cap perspective for no gain (beyond the trade compensation I got).

This doesn't sound like a great deal for me: pay you more money to get you to come to camp (like you are supposed to) so I can eat those if I'm able to trade you. And there's no guarantee that you won't just retire or hold out if you don't like what's going on. Keep in mind, your client signed a contract previously that has incentives for him to show up at OTAs and minicamps, but didn't seem to mind missing them (as well as game checks). What makes me think that if I send him more money that he'll show up?

I'm not holding out, I'm letting you know now get on the phone with other teams becuase We Still Right Now can't seem to come to a agreement. Let me do that with another team If their still willing to offer that 2nd round pick that you could've got during the season.

If your lowballed and say teams are now offering a 4th at most, I'd come back with not all the Guranteed Money I want but with at least some of it guranteed as I work to earn the rest. 

Edited by Skins212689

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Love your new avatar man! ”RonSkins!” awesome!

Also agree, I think Snyder wants Trent back on the team and will do what it takes $ wise, I’m sure Ron agreed bc Trent is a great player and they need to address LT to protect Haskins’ blind side as he develops. That was probably something they talked a lot about and how wrongly Brice handled that situation. The Trent vs Brice stand off last year was a embarrassment for the entire organization and didn't look good for Signing free agents from other teams either. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Anyone who thinks Williams is gonna return without Guaranteed money will be in for a serious surprise. Some may be Managers or Bosses at their regualr jobs but those rules don't apply in Trents situation. He will get his Guaranteed money!

And you're probably right that he won't return without more money, but from a fiduciary perspective of the team, that's not in their best interest. And since he probably won't return unless he has more money, teams are not going to offer as much for him, which moves the team away from trading him.

It's effectively a negative spiral. This is why, if Trent truly wants to play somewhere else and wants more money, his best move would be to show up at all of the offseason workouts. That would show teams that he's healthy and able to play, which he could then quietly ask to be traded to a contender (most likely in the AFC, but they might consider someone in the NFC (outside the division of course)).

Yes, it's risky, but it is also face saving on both his and the team's parts. He can point to the fact that Allen and the head trainer are gone, sticking with the idea it was not about money. The team can welcome him back with open arms, and say that he's their starting LT again. They can then make nice-nice and then quietly see about moving on/getting him more money.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Woz said:

And you're probably right that he won't return without more money, but from a fiduciary perspective of the team, that's not in their best interest. And since he probably won't return unless he has more money, teams are not going to offer as much for him, which moves the team away from trading him.

It's effectively a negative spiral. This is why, if Trent truly wants to play somewhere else and wants more money, his best move would be to show up at all of the offseason workouts. That would show teams that he's healthy and able to play, which he could then quietly ask to be traded to a contender (most likely in the AFC, but they might consider someone in the NFC (outside the division of course)).

Yes, it's risky, but it is also face saving on both his and the team's parts. He can point to the fact that Allen and the head trainer are gone, sticking with the idea it was not about money. The team can welcome him back with open arms, and say that he's their starting LT again. They can then make nice-nice and then quietly see about moving on/getting him more money.

The whole thing about what teams will do and won't do, how do you know this? Do you work in the NFL? Some thought his value wasn't 1st round pick worthy. Guess what, NFL reports stated differently. The Patriots offered the Skins a 1st and the Browns offered multiple different types of offers including players and picks. Let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

You be the Boss wherever you work in your personal life, but understand this You aren't a NFL Boss. Trent will get his money no matter wether you think he deserves it or not. It doesn't matter what YOU Vaule him at. It matters what those in the leauge do. Rivera obviously values Trent enough to get a new Head Trainer/Bruce Allen out and more than likely will give him the money needed to be back in a Redskins jersey next season. 

Edited by Skins212689

The most refreshing thing about this process has been the decision-making and execution. Under Allen, everything took forever. Everything was dragged out and seemed to be a chess match of sorts with Allen trying to “win”.

Hiring and firing of coaches and personnel and really pushing the restart button before other teams can act is a nice change of pace.

Can remember the days of Kirk Cousins’ contract and this Trent Williams situation as an example. Glad that seems to be over. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

The most refreshing thing about this process has been the decision-making and execution. Under Allen, everything took forever. Everything was dragged out and seemed to be a chess match of sorts with Allen trying to “win”.

Hiring and firing of coaches and personnel and really pushing the restart button before other teams can act is a nice change of pace.

Can remember the days of Kirk Cousins’ contract and this Trent Williams situation as an example. Glad that seems to be over. 

Yet I did read while in Carolina Rivera and his staff didn't do well at reporting injuries. I'm not too worried about that. I take it as them not wanting outsiders knowing the truth about player injuries. Haven't heard players say they felt the Staff wasn't honest with them though about their injuries. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Yet I did read while in Carolina Rivera and his staff didn't do well at reporting injuries. I'm not too worried about that. I take it as them not wanting outsiders knowing the truth about player injuries. Haven't heard players say they felt the Staff wasn't honest with them though about their injuries. 

Not to mention, there will be a microscope on the training staff now...I would hope all of that is behind them. Vermillion is well-respected around NFL circles. Carolina fans seem to loathe him, but fans will be fans. Just like us. 

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The whole thing about what teams will do and won't do, how do you know this? Do you work in the NFL? Some thought his value wasn't 1st round pick worthy. Guess what, NFL reports stated differently. The Patriots offered the Skins a 1st and the Browns offered multiple different types of offers including players and picks. Let's just agree to disagree on this topic.

You be the Boss wherever you work in your personal life, but understand this You aren't a NFL Boss. Trent will get his money no matter wether you think he deserves it or not. It doesn't matter what YOU Vaule him at. It matters what those in the leauge do. Rivera obviously values Trent enough to get a new Head Trainer/Bruce Allen out and more than likely will give him the money needed to be back in a Redskins jersey next season. 

That was 

A) early in the season

B) when he still had 2 years left on his contract

When he was offered at the trade deadline (where most of the season and one year was remaining on the contract)? 

No takers.

14 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm not holding out, I'm letting you know now get on the phone with other teams becuase We Still Right Now can't seem to come to a agreement. Let me do that with another team If their still willing to offer that 2nd round pick that you could've got during the season.

If your lowballed and say teams are now offering a 4th at most, I'd come back with not all the Guranteed Money I want but with at least some of it guranteed as I work to earn the rest. 

And if we say no to the "some of it guaranteed" given that you've already been paid out with your loads of guaranteed $ in your current contract? Will you still show up?

31 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

That was 

A) early in the season

B) when he still had 2 years left on his contract

When he was offered at the trade deadline (where most of the season and one year was remaining on the contract)? 

No takers.

Now your really tryna play with my Intelligence! Who was gonna trade for him at the deadline? Allen had already hurt his value. You and I know this! 

30 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And if we say no to the "some of it guaranteed" given that you've already been paid out with your loads of guaranteed $ in your current contract? Will you still show up?

No because it's your Staff that was the problem! If it wasn't you wouldn't have gotten rid of Allen and your Head Trainer.