GDT: America’s Team at New England

titans0021

so i was actually able to watch the game because the inflight entertainment had a live sports channel. truly we live in the future. thoughts:

- derrick henry. what is there left to say? he’s cementing his place as a truly elite running back. guy is a monster and absolutely carried us.

- on the other hand, tannehill...yikes dude. probably overreacting but this performance made me nervous about committing to him long term. he did deliver a couple of clutch throws/runs when we needed them but we’re gonna need way, wayyyyyyyy more from him if we want to even keep it close against Baltimore.

- mad props to dean pees and the defense for pitching the second half shutout. felt a little dicey at times but they clamped down hard when it counted.

- glad logan ryan got his redemption but i was about ready to die when he dropped that pick in the first half lol

- mike vrabel produced an absolute gem. for all the crap we give him he came in with a great game plan and nailed every in-game decision. i’ll admit to being terrified that we did the punt penalty thing with a 1 point lead but it paid off big time.

- BRETT KERN!!! i literally just laughed out loud when he dropped that punt right on the 1. that man is an artist. just unbelievable.

what a win for the boys. anything from here on out is gravy imo. 

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, -Hope- said:

so i was actually able to watch the game because the inflight entertainment had a live sports channel. truly we live in the future. thoughts:

- derrick henry. what is there left to say? he’s cementing his place as a truly elite running back. guy is a monster and absolutely carried us.

- on the other hand, tannehill...yikes dude. probably overreacting but this performance made me nervous about committing to him long term. he did deliver a couple of clutch throws/runs when we needed them but we’re gonna need way, wayyyyyyyy more from him if we want to even keep it close against Baltimore.

- mad props to dean pees and the defense for pitching the second half shutout. felt a little dicey at times but they clamped down hard when it counted.

- glad logan ryan got his redemption but i was about ready to die when he dropped that pick in the first half lol

- mike vrabel produced an absolute gem. for all the crap we give him he came in with a great game plan and nailed every in-game decision. i’ll admit to being terrified that we did the punt penalty thing with a 1 point lead but it paid off big time.

- BRETT KERN!!! i literally just laughed out loud when he dropped that punt right on the 1. that man is an artist. just unbelievable.

what a win for the boys. anything from here on out is gravy imo. 

Here's the thing about Tanny, though. I know his stats don't suggest it because there wasn't much neede to throw the ball, but I don't think he played as bad as people apparently believe. He was pressured on virtually any throw, and the coverage was as tight as it gets all night. And yet he made only two mistakes. Granted, they could have been huge momentum swings, luckily they didn't turn out that way.

Other than that, he made some great runs to move the chains, made a couple of impressive completions under pressure, including the TD pass. Some of his better throws also fell incomplete due to great coverage. The throw to Firkser that was stretched into as tight of a window as it will ever get into double coverage, the pass that drew the PI on Sharpe, the incompletion to Davis down the field, all come to mind. He did his job on all those throws. We have come way too far and have seen way more than enough good out of him, including some last night, to let a few bad plays second guess whether we want to commit to him. I, personally, trulu believe we could go all the way this year, and he's still a big part of the reason why. I can't wait for next week.

I’ve seen enough from Tannehill that makes me comfortable with the Titans committing to him long term, I’m tired of drafting & QB’s in the lottery. 😫 the problem was the patriots secondary is real deal elite; they played press bump & run all night. Arthur Smith has to learn how to exploit matchups; we never attacked the middle of the field, nor put their LB’s in coverage. Derrick Henry 🤦🏽‍♂️ He is Eddie George 2.0 he’s a sledgehammer & making a case that he’s a elite RB & for the titans to cut the check. We had our growing pains earlier in his career & wasn’t sure, but every since that KC playoff game, we’ve seen the light. Henry, is a old school workhorse RB he’s not no committee, split carries, feed the beast he’s special & when he gets the ball he doesn’t force the game he let it comes to him & is patient.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2020/01/05/titans-turn-patriots-hype-upside-down/gLWmzs6usUYYShPLglU3GO/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

oh it feels so good

Tom Brady posted a hype video to his Instagram page about nine hours before kickoff on Saturday. The video tells the story of a lion, which the narrator explains hyenas and jackals are barking and laughing at, “Til one day, that lion gets up and tears the [expletive] out of everybody.” The metaphor, about everyone counting out Brady and the Patriots, was obvious.

Mike Vrabel certainly watched it. The Titans’ coach brought it up with his players as soon as he walked into the locker room following his team’s 20-13 upset of the Patriots on Saturday.

“They want the hyenas?” Vrabel shouted to his players, per a source who was in the locker room. “They got the [bleeping] hyenas!” The players then broke out in unison in high-pitched hyena laughter.

“We beat their [expletive],” center Ben Jones said. “That’s an O-lineman’s dream. You run the ball and you’re imposing your will on them, and tonight they had to take it.”

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Watching some of the game again this morning, what a game from Evans. Dude balled so hard. Really impressed with him.

Evans Adoree are ballers their only weakness is when we play zone it takes away their aggression & causes them to think, & in football you think your beat. Baltimore game is going to be a good 1, we can’t play man a lot you turn your back Lamar will take off, & we’ve been bad stopping the run 

5 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Here's the thing about Tanny, though. I know his stats don't suggest it because there wasn't much neede to throw the ball, but I don't think he played as bad as people apparently believe. He was pressured on virtually any throw, and the coverage was as tight as it gets all night. And yet he made only two mistakes. Granted, they could have been huge momentum swings, luckily they didn't turn out that way.

Nah, he was terrible yesterday. When a game plan asks for the QB to do virtually nothing and he still manages to lose a fumble, throw a really bad pick, and straight drop a snap on 3rd and 3 to end a potential game-sealing drive, that’s bad. Doesn’t make me less likely to resign him. The Pats secondary is incredible. But any of those mistakes could’ve been game killers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nah, he was terrible yesterday. When a game plan asks for the QB to do virtually nothing and he still manages to lose a fumble, throw a really bad pick, and straight drop a snap on 3rd and 3 to end a potential game-sealing drive, that’s bad. Doesn’t make me less likely to resign him. The Pats secondary is incredible. But any of those mistakes could’ve been game killers.

we were lucky that his mistakes didn't cost us

his two 3rd down conversions to Firsker, though, were massive. doesn't absolve him, but we don't win without those plays. but he's gotta be better

I didn't think they gave Tannehill much of a chance in this one. They went away from the early down play-action that got us here because they were all over it in the first half, instead choosing to keep running Henry into 8,9, and even 10 man boxes in the 2nd half.

With no big plays off play-action we were basically back go being a 3rd down offense and trying to convert every first down. This is why I'm not bothered by our run defense because it's always good enough go get is to 3rd downs before other teams are scoring.

NE got a lot of pressure and a lot of our guys weren't getting off the line quick enough against their press coverage. On the 2nd throw to Firkser you can watch Sharpe being pressed and he basically never leaves the LOS.

I think we needed to stick with the run, but also not so much that we ran on literally every first down in the 2nd half. Need to throw in some first down passes and first down play-action plays. That defense was good for sure.