GDT: America’s Team at New England

titans0021

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Nah, he was terrible yesterday. When a game plan asks for the QB to do virtually nothing and he still manages to lose a fumble, throw a really bad pick, and straight drop a snap on 3rd and 3 to end a potential game-sealing drive, that’s bad. Doesn’t make me less likely to resign him. The Pats secondary is incredible. But any of those mistakes could’ve been game killers.

He didn't lose the fumble, he recovered it himself. He also made good throws to help move the chains on those game sealing drives. He had two bad plays the whole game. They could've turned out game-losing plays, but they weren't. Other than those two plays, he did what was asked of him, and he did it being constantly hit and pressured, and against elite coverage.

18 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

He didn't lose the fumble, he recovered it himself. He also made good throws to help move the chains on those game sealing drives. He had two bad plays the whole game. They could've turned out game-losing plays, but they weren't. Other than those two plays, he did what was asked of him, and he did it being constantly hit and pressured, and against elite coverage.

Yeah, don’t know why I thought he lost the fumble. I’ll let the overall point stand. Interception, two fumbles, 74 yards passing. He was asked to do almost nothing and still almost blew the game twice. He absolutely wasn’t set up to have a big game, but two good throws and one good run doesn’t exactly balance out a terrible pick and a brutal fumble. 

In the end, who cares though? We won. Hell, it’s almost more impressive to beat the Patriots on the road with a bad QB performance.

Man what a weekend

Got to take a pick with Amy Adams Strunk yesterday at the tailgate she was so awesome and took pics with everyone

As for the game what a game 

Henry was incredible last night 

I knew we were going to need all hands on deck to win and we certainly had that

Firkser had big catches, Lewis chipped in with a catch on 3rd down, Jones had good night on D, Evans was great, Long stepped up when called upon, Adoree and Brock were locking the Pats D down all night Logan Ryan held his own and Davis the returner caught his punts when he had too and knew when to let them bounce for Touch Backs and then to cap it off the GOAT Brett Kern with the punt of the year to the 1

I don’t know what will happen next week

I know we’re underdogs no matter who we play 

Titans can win next week but won’t be easy obviously 

Also lastly I loved seeing how happy our fans were last night.

The Nissan Stadium DJ set back up the equipment after the game and we all just drank, hugged, danced, sang poor Chili Pepper was so hammered he couldn’t even talk after the game lol and it was just cool I literally just looked around at all the fans and just took it all in and watched everyone’s excitement 

For a fan who lives in Boston I will literally never forget these moments I had with the fans and the team and this weekend was truly one of the best weekends of my whole life no exaggeration 

On to Baltimore though time to relive and old rivalry 

• Like 3

Tannehill was under pressure on nearly 50% of his dropbacks against the best secondary in the NFL and basically was never asked to throw unless it was third and medium or longer.  Even on 2nd and 8 or longer we were running the majority of the time.

He didn't play great, but he was never put in a position to play great. He certainly needs to play better and we can't have that performance again, but I thought our game-plan eliminated any chance at him having a good performance. It is so much easier to pass on early downs than it is on 3rd and 6.

He's also made his money this season on play-action, and we rarely used it in the first half (it was well defended when we did), but completely avoided it in the 2nd half even after they devoted 8 and 9 defenders to stop Derrick Henry.

• Like 2

Just now, TitanSS said:

Tannehill was under pressure on nearly 50% of his dropbacks against the best secondary in the NFL and basically was never asked to throw unless it was third and medium or longer.  Even on 2nd and 8 or longer we were running the majority of the time.

He didn't play great, but he was never put in a position to play great. He certainly needs to play better and we can't have that performance again, but I thought our game-plan eliminated any chance at him having a good performance. It is so much easier to pass on early downs than it is on 3rd and 6.

He's also made his money this season on play-action, and we rarely used it in the first half (it was well defended when we did), but completely avoided it in the 2nd half even after they devoted 8 and 9 defenders to stop Derrick Henry.

Yeah I thought Tannehill played fine. The pick was bad, but what can you expect throwing to Corey Davis? (I'm mostly kidding don't get triggered plz)

When you can't get in any rhythm, and you're only being asked to make plays in very tough downs and distances, there's not much you can do, and he still did enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah I thought Tannehill played fine. The pick was bad, but what can you expect throwing to Corey Davis? (I'm mostly kidding don't get triggered plz)

When you can't get in any rhythm, and you're only being asked to make plays in very tough downs and distances, there's not much you can do, and he still did enough.

I know you're joking, but I thought Davis needed to work back to the ball there and try to at least break up the pass. Looked like he had no idea where the ball was in the air, but thought he had a chance to break it up if he had been tracking the ball.

Obviously most of the blame is on Tannehill for chucking up a duck, you can't do that, but you'd really like your WR to understand what happened and try to break up the pass. So I'd be with you if you wanted to put some blame on him there for lack of either effort or awareness.

Just now, TitanSS said:

I know you're joking, but I thought Davis needed to work back to the ball there and try to at least break up the pass. Looked like he had no idea where the ball was in the air, but thought he had a chance to break it up if he had been tracking the ball.

Obviously most of the blame is on Tannehill for chucking up a duck, you can't do that, but you'd really like your WR to understand what happened and try to break up the pass. So I'd be with you if you wanted to put some blame on him there for lack of either effort or awareness.

I thought the same thing, but I couldn't say it or all of his white knights would have jumped on me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

My opinion Corey should’ve caught that pass yes it was a hard throw but he got both hands on it, & ive seen him make catches like before ex his rookie year vs Oakland he had a highlight catch. Also I’m disappointed he didn’t have the awareness to know not to allow the DB work him out of bounds. It’s the playoffs you have to raise your game to another level 

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i feel like yesterday was the first time rashaan evans has jumped off the screen at me all year. he’s had a pretty meh season but what a time to step it up.

Last time I recall Evans having a great game was the Chargers game. My opinion he plays better when he’s free to attack & get after it, he struggles in coverage when asked to play zone, him thinking in coverage slows him down & his instincts are late. In the run game he misses tackles at times needs to put on weight 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Sitting Henry for the Saints game was just so huge. The Henry of the two weeks before that rest and the Henry of the past two weeks are just two totally different football players.

I’m not trying to put the cart before the horse but if we can some how pull this off next week in Baltimore, I would really like for Houston to upset KC as well and would love a 3rd crack at Houston with a healthy Henry