GDT: America’s Team at New England

titans0021

We need to be ready to adapt. Be ready for Gilmore to shadow AJ Brown and potentially even double him and for him to not be open very often. Also expect them to try to take away Derrick Henry. Those are the two obvious things that they will gameplan for. For us, it's important to be able to use our bread and butter plays with those guys, but also I think we need a game plan to get Jonnu Smith heavily involved. 

On defense, I think we should live in the big nickel, especially when James White is on the field. I think Hooker would be a good guy to have shadow White and I don't think putting a LB on him all the time is a great plan. Even a better coverage LB like Jayon Brown. Other than that you have Ryan on Edelman in the slot, but we play a lot of zone, so he's going to be crossing the field and getting a lot of coverage in other player's zones. Continue all of the post snap movement and don't let Brady know what defense we're in. We did this well against Brees early on and Brady doesn't have a guy like Michael Thomas to just throw to when things get tough.

PFF had us as the 3rd best graded run defense. Just thought I'd mention that because people are low on our run D. I don't think it's top 3, but I think it's better than some of us think.

PFF went 50/50 picking us in the playoff preview podcast. I think that's fair and I don't think anyone should be scared about the media picking us. In year's past, sure, because Mariota was so ridiculously inconsistent. This year, Tannehill has been lights out almost the entire season. We wait for him to regress every week, and I still assume he will at some point, but to this point he's continually gotten better. 

I think the biggest thing we need to avoid is Tannehill staring down AJ Brown and taking too many sacks. This is what he did against the Saints when they shadowed him with Lattimore, and Lattimore mostly shut down Brown and Tannehill just took sacks. Patriots are the best team in the NFL at taking away your first read this season, so we have to be ready to throw elsewhere. I'm not saying to take AJ Brown out of the gameplan, but I think we'll understand that will be their gameplan until we make them pay for it.

• Like 3

They are going to screen us to death. They love to screen. They love play action more than us. That is where they get a lot of their chunk plays. 
Pop passes to the TE #83. 
It's either a pass to Edleman or a screen/pass to the RB half the time. 

I'm scared they will find a way to run on us and then we will get killed with the playaction. 

And on defense they live off turnovers. Looked that the Ravens game and they were gifted to possessions inside the 20 because of a muffed punt and a fumble by Ingram. But even then the Ravens just kept running it down their throat.

I dont understand the point spread at all....I mean are that many people going to blindly bet on the Pat's to justify the margin...I guess so. Maybe there just wont be that many people betting on us. On paper theres reasons to justify us being road favorites. At least even odds. New England has just fallen off. 

I've also been toying with the idea that Vrabel could really get in Bradys head somehow...maybe a late night phone call. I  dont know what he would say...but Vrabel seems like he might be crazy enough to try it.

I just want us to win. I'm sick of New England. I mean how many times are they going to beat us...for the league's sake it needs to happen in a convincing manner. Dont get me wrong I would take edging them out in a close one if it meant us advancing. They are the champs afterall so respect them as champs but as a team we should have a business like approach to this game. No Cinderella story just all business.

One of my fantasy leagues has their playoffs during the NFL playoffs (which is difficult to arrange but WAY more fun). I had the first pick. I can’t stop envisioning the Pats loading up the box and holding Henry to 12 carries for 38 yards but I took him anyway. C’mon run game!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

jonnu is gonna be important, i think. they struggle against TEs and will be doing their damnedest to shut down brown and henry. if we can get the ball to him in space early it might open things up for the rest of the offense.

Tajae and Firsker and Corey Davis. Davis lit them up before.

20 hours ago, TitanSS said:

We're practicing outside in the rain and not in the bubble. I don't know how many coaches put their team through this, because I'm sure players don't like it and it has other complications, but I think this is great. Hope we practice all week in the cold.

I can give you 1 name Belichick. Vrabel learned this from his old coach, It’s been said Belichick practice in all weather conditions so that his team would be prepared mentally & physically to have an advantage over their opponent