2019 Wild Card Playoffs

Leader

5 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

2019 Cousins is no 2010 Rodgers

To be fair, Rodgers fame originated during that 2010 run.  Cousins was huge this game, and it's his biggest win this far.  Confidence booster?  And he doesn't need to be Rodgers.

Edited by Sasquatch

Just now, deltarich87 said:

Packers luck continues on. Would be something if they avoided both SF and NO, the only teams who I feel were very clearly better than GB. I like their chances against any of the rest of the field

GB's super bowl path being home games vs SEA and MIN sounds about right for how this season has been playing out.

Give me Seattle and San Francisco. I know that is not popular around here, but we are a different team than the one that was trounced by San Fran. Also, if you are going to be the best, let's beat the best. 

The team I really don't want to see if Baltimore, with Tennessee being a close second. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

To be fair, Rodgers fame originated during that 2010 run.  Cousins was huge this game, and it's his biggest win this far.  Confidence booster?

Cousins was at ~180 yards and no TD's prior to OT.  Not sure I agree that he was huge today.  He was certainly huge in OT.  If Cousins lights up SF next weekend, we have a different conversation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Financially I have GB and Philly at 1200 for the SB so having Philly in would be nice there . 

As for GB, I think I wanna play Sea. Weaker lines than Philly. RBs injured for Sea. Worse D in general 

I had to look this up. Assumed SEA was better on D. They aren't. PHI is 12 and SEA is 18.

I'm like 53/47 on wanting Philly to win. Just prefer an absolute battle and a demoralizing win.

Such a bizarre season. Throw predictions out the window--the Packers have been unpredictably bad (blowouts at San Diego and San Fran) and unpredictably good (beating MN handily twice). Almost seems charmed. How did this team end up 13-3 with a 1st bye, and now a possible chance of home field throughout the playoffs? Just bizarre. But ok, we'll go with it and see what happens. 

Edited by DWhitehurst

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Cousins was at ~180 yards and no TD's prior to OT.  Not sure I agree that he was huge today.  He was certainly huge in OT.  If Cousins lights up SF next weekend, we have a different conversation.

Again, he didn't have to be MVP today.  He managed the game well, and frankly, that's all he's ever been asked to do.  He made some incredible throws today...when he had to.  We'll see after next week.

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Give me Seattle and San Francisco. I know that is not popular around here, but we are a different team than the one that was trounced by San Fran. Also, if you are going to be the best, let's beat the best. 

The team I really don't want to see if Baltimore, with Tennessee being a close second. 

I'll take a championship however the hell it happens. This whole "let's beat the best" attitude is lol. Let the media asterisk it all they want, a second ring for Rodgers by any means necessary sounds wonderful.

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Plus Rodgers threw for 423 yards and 4 TDs in that desert shootout and just looked like a better QB overall in his first two starting seasons.

Kirk...not so much.