Wild Card GDT: The Mangled Corpse of the Philadelphia Eagles vs the Mangled Corpse of the Seattle Seahawks

EaglesPeteC

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

To be honest, I don't understand why people are even talking about whether or not Carson Wentz gave himself up.  That literally doesn't matter.  The focus should be on Clowney being a sack of garbage for hitting Carson Wentz in the head on purpose.  Winning like that sucks, and I honestly would take it back if I could even if that meant the Seahawks getting eliminated from the postseason tonight.

Most are trying to excuse the play for their own agendas, expected. Its beyond clear what Clowneys intent was and refreshing reading a Seahawks Fan who understood exactly what unfolded.

In the end though, it is what it is. The Cherry on Top of a 2019 Smitt Sundae with more Injuries to Key Personnel then I can honestly remember in my entire Eagles Fandom? What's sadly getting lost is just how Resilient and Special this Team has been all season long over coming Starter after Starter being out.

While it sucks beyond belief the Silver lining to all the injuries is the Emergence of Wentz as the Undisputed Leader and FQB he is along with the young players like Miles Sanders, Boston Scott, Greg Ward, Big V, Matt Pryor and Dillards of the Worlds to emerge as potential 2020 Replacements and or Legit Back ups!

Would be Nice though if a Doug Pederson led Team could actually have a Healthy roster by seasons end for the first time in his Tenure? One can hope!!!

Smoothies for Everyone.  GL in GB!

• Like 1

Is it bad that I just expect this whole "Team is comprised of nothing but a Skeleton Crew every game" to be the new norm? Like, I just feel like by week 2 next year we'll probably already be down 5-6 starters. The product that's getting put out on the field is just a hollow shell of people who aren't even supposed to be out there. When am I ever going to see a complete product? It feels like I've been lied and cheated out of watching a good football game and it doesn't feel like we'll ever get to see the Eagles in the way they're intended to function ever again. 

5732_d031_00447r_cmyk.jpg?w=1000

Props to whoever understands the reference.

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We have been grooming a QB for years in Sudfeld. He got hurt.

You also said this directly after Wentz was officially ruled out:

So I am pretty sure you are being disingenuous here.

I said that because he can’t stay healthy why put your body thru that? Even freak injuries matter...football is what he does it’s not what he is. 

11 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's probably already been mentioned but it's fitting Clowney wrecked our season. That's what Howie gets for being frugal. Hopefully a lesson has been learned.

Yeah between him and DK, the “Howie goofed” scenario really happened in the worst way

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's probably already been mentioned but it's fitting Clowney wrecked our season. That's what Howie gets for being frugal. Hopefully a lesson has been learned.

I dont' think he is  worth a major contract. he has some good games but mostly average ones. 

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

I dont' think he is  worth a major contract. he has some good games but mostly average ones. 

Do you just look at his sack numbers? Because that doesn't do his game justice. He's a top 10 Edge Player in the league.

16 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I didn't and wasn't implying anything nor indicating Wentz was any of "your issues". I was simply stating regardless of anything else he hasn't been able to stay upright for the duration. Just kind of stating the obvious. Not throwing shade at the dude.

the kid just has bad luck. I feel for him. luckily its not a leg injury or shoulder injury.. Concussions, while dangerous, arent the worst thing to happen to a NFL player... unless you get them every week. 

Just now, Danger said:

Do you just look at his sack numbers? Because that doesn't do his game justice. He's a top 10 Edge Player in the league.

I hardly ever judge a player by his sack numbers.. Don't forget Connor Barwin had 14.5 one year and Jason Babin had like 16 and we all know they weren't superstars. Clowney disappears in a lot of games. There's a clear reason why the Texans didn't hold on to him when they know JJ Watt has an extensive injury history