Wild Card GDT: The Mangled Corpse of the Philadelphia Eagles vs the Mangled Corpse of the Seattle Seahawks

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Kiltman said:

Has a very strong case, plus his speech made him more widely known, which should help get votes. Hardest thing will be the voters neglect of the oline.

Yea. After looking at it, it’ll still be tough. Not many C in the Hall and most were earlier generation football and have like 5,6,7 All Pros. Mawae looks like the last one to make it in 2009 and has 3 APs but 8 PBs and a much longer career at this point. Kelce seems like he’s got just a year or two left at best and had 3 APs and only 3 PBs. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea. After looking at it, it’ll still be tough. Not many C in the Hall and most were earlier generation football and have like 5,6,7 All Pros. Mawae looks like the last one to make it in 2009 and has 3 APs but 8 PBs and a much longer career at this point. Kelce seems like he’s got just a year or two left at best and had 3 APs and only 3 PBs. 

His benefit is oline play as been fairly awful compared to eras past. I think if he adds another SB, another AP or two he moves into a better spot.

Looking at the goofy way the league likes to do things sometimes, I think if his brother keeps going with Mahomes and has a HoF career...there would be some that would love putting them in together.

I agree though this AP puts him into that sorta path if he can add to it.

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Alshon this year: 

10 G 43 Rec 490 Yds 4 TD 

projected: 69 Rec 784 Yds 6.4 TDs

Greg Ward this year:

6 G 28 Rec 254 Yds 1 TD

projected: 75 Rec 677 Yds 2.6 TDs 

Alshon had a 58.9% catch percentage on his targets. Ward has a 70%. Young and hungry over fat and malcontent every time. 

It's crazy how far he's fallen. The guy was an absolute legend in 2017.

We should've brought out the pitchforks when he literally dropped the ball and ended the run last year. Tough love would've motivated him more.

5 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

It's crazy how far he's fallen. The guy was an absolute legend in 2017.

We should've brought out the pitchforks when he literally dropped the ball and ended the run last year. Tough love would've motivated him more.

Got no hard feelings. I’ll celebrate him but he’s always just been a prime #2 WR. But with the constant injuries, constant smoke around him with Josina Anderson and inflated salary, I think he’s run his course in Philly. He’s more trouble than he’s worth at this point. I’ll buy him a beer if I see him out but my patience is gone with him. Team plays better without these content veterans on the field. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think he’s run his course in Philly. He’s more trouble than he’s worth at this point. I’ll buy him a beer if I see him out but my patience is gone with him. Team plays better without these content veterans on the field. 

Unfortunately with the extension,  there's no upside to cutting him unless it is a Cancerous situation? Which I doubt. He will be the 2020 version of Sproles. Player/Vet they want to keep and take up a roster spot off past glory but in the end, a wasted roster spot!

Despite all if the BS the oast two seasons I will always have a soft spot for him and anyone truly responsible for the 2017 SB. Without his play, we don't sniff a Ring!

Doesn't give him a lifetime pass but he will be a Eagle in 2020 and I'm ok with it given Howies Stupidity with extending him.

12 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unfortunately with the extension,  there's no upside to cutting him unless it is a Cancerous situation? Which I doubt. He will be the 2020 version of Sproles. Player/Vet they want to keep and take up a roster spot off past glory but in the end, a wasted roster spot!

Despite all if the BS the oast two seasons I will always have a soft spot for him and anyone truly responsible for the 2017 SB. Without his play, we don't sniff a Ring!

Doesn't give him a lifetime pass but he will be a Eagle in 2020 and I'm ok with it given Howies Stupidity with extending him.

He’s gonna be hurt for a long time. I don’t think we heard the extent of that injury. Sometimes they are career threatening. 

22 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s gonna be hurt for a long time. I don’t think we heard the extent of that injury. Sometimes they are career threatening. 

Is there an injury settlement that can be given that would cut ties but we not take the full Guaranteed hit amount due? Anyone know? Obviously he has no incentive of doing that and can just collect a check like AJ Green this year but curious if we have any options?

29 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Is there an injury settlement that can be given that would cut ties but we not take the full Guaranteed hit amount due? Anyone know? Obviously he has no incentive of doing that and can just collect a check like AJ Green this year but curious if we have any options?

Not sure. I thought there was something about avoiding cap space taken up for someone on the IR but still think he’s owed everything that’s guaranteed to him. Could always release him and eat salary ala the Antonio Brown trade but that would be silly I think. He’s still a capable WR. But we need some new, talented blood in here either way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s still a capable WR. But we need some new, talented blood in here either way. 

Pretty much the WR version of Darren Sproles! Still serviceable "when healthy" which is rare but if you can somehow find a Boston Scott, run with it!

3 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Pretty much the WR version of Darren Sproles! Still serviceable "when healthy" which is rare but if you can somehow find a Boston Scott, run with it!

Right. I think a solid FA WR option that can play slot and outside and get a high draft pick in here and call it a day. The WRs are loaded this year. Good chance something slides our way. Or is reachable with a trade down. 

57 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

For a bears fan he really brings it for the Eagles in these ha

I find it funny that he’s become “the Eagles guy” over actual eagles fans who cover sports. Which there are a decent amount. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

For a bears fan he really brings it for the Eagles in these ha

I find it funny that he’s become “the Eagles guy” over actual eagles fans who cover sports. Which there are a decent amount. 

He's absolutely the primary reason we got a ship lol. He had an epic Eagles take each week of the playoffs. The Falcons week was definitely the best.

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 1