2020 Opponents

Golfman

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually......the Saints revenge game is coming up against the Vikings.

There's a certain "miracle" that needs addressing. Unfortunate (for them....) the Vikings are gonna win.
<Dont ask me how Cousins is gonna win on this stage......but its gonna happen.......I hope>

If the Vikings win, Packers get probably Seattle for the first playoff game. I'm not sure I want Seattle. I don't like how Wilson can move around in the pocket to buy time and then either hit the big pass, or break off a big run. Plus we always seem to have bad luck against Seattle. I would rather have creaky, old Drew Brees on a cold, dark night on the frozen tundra. Of course Philly could beat Seattle and then set up a revenge game for the loss they gave us. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Looking further, I think that 2021 game is a projection assuming both teams finish in the same spot of their respective divisions. Nonetheless, why doesn't it alternate?

When it says NFC West* (2020 and 2022) how do we know thats SF as opposed to another NFCW team?

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

It's the NFC West team that finished in the same spot of their division. So in 2020 that's the division winner like GB.

I guess its the same procedure that had GB going to DAL all those years.....back in the Brett and Reggie days. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I guess its the same procedure that had GB going to DAL all those years.....back in the Brett and Reggie days. 

Right, you're playing the equivalent team standings-wise from selected divisions. The problem resides with the lack of built-in alternating of venue. It makes no sense.

Edited by Mr Anonymous

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Right, you're playing the equivalent team standings-wise from selected divisions. The problem resides with the lack of built-in alternating of venue. It makes no sense.

I agree.  It appears the NFL is trying to give the local OAK folks a different team to root for. 

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 8:16 AM, Mr Anonymous said:

With the 49ers winning the NFC West, it now sets up the Packers to travel to SF three straight seasons. If they both take care of business next weekend, it will ensure four games in three years between the two teams, all played in Santa Clara. Thanks a lot NFL schedule formula.

Green-Bay-Future-Opponents.jpg

Yeah this has been odd to me as well. I've never discovered why they don't alternate every year. i.e. since 2016 for GB:

Home: West, West, South, South, East, East (and repeat)

Away: South, East, East, West, West, South (and repeat)

When they could do:

Home: West, East, South (and repeat)

Away: South, West, East (and repeat)

Unclear why they repeat home and away games like this, but there must be a reason.

• Like 1

I don't like Houston or Indianapolis on the road FWIW. Indianapolis will be more focused on the run going into next year given that Brissett is a big ? and their defense is constantly improving. Houston is similar IMHO where you have the type of QB that has traditionally burned us with an RPO scheme, plus their defense didn't have much of a dropoff from Clowney. I suspect they'll attack the secondary with their picks as they've lost Jackson and Abouye and haven't really recovered from those two losses over time.

On the other hand, I like that we're having Tampa on the road and Atlanta at home. We stink at Atlanta and Jameis Winston will Jameis Winston his way out of that game; especially if the Smiths pwn their OL. 

Next year we’re going to have a better team with probably a worse record.  Hopefully 12-4 will be enough to get a bye because next year we’re going to be extremely good.  Savage and Gary hitting their second years in the NFL, at minimum ESB back, Aaron Jones in a contract year, Aaron Rodgers making less than 12% of the cap, at least one significant free agent, and Lawd have mercy.

• Like 2