San Francisco 49ers SF @Justone2  
Seattle Seahawks SEA    
Tampa Bay Buccaneers TB    
Tennessee Titans TEN    
Washington Redskins WAS @mike23md  

Pending @bcb1213  
    @TedLavie  
    @MikeT14  

If you're looking for some reading material for the bathroom Here is a copy of the guidelines.This will be the full single season tcmd version complete with draft, waiver wire, free agency, trade block and FUN.

Projected start date: Late Feb. / Early March

@EaglesPeteC if you get some free time could you tag some of the members from past mocks.

Joining TCMD

• General Manager/Ownership of Team

• Make a post in the signup thread containing the Top 3 choices of teams that you would like to manage in order of most to least favorite.

• Note that the first to sign up doesn’t guarantee you’ll get your top choice.

• Also, include if you are looking to run the team as a group or independently.

• Note: Selecting independent or group will not influence the decision making process of which team you are assigned to in any way.  I’m just trying to determine if the concept of running the club as a group is dead.

If you’re a regular tcmd member or if you help me manage this mock you’ll be given priority of your first or second choice team.  

• Management

I’m always on the hunt for members willing to help manage this monster mock

• Management positions include:

• Assisting in workbook management

• Updating daily transactions

• Draft board, Waiver Wire, UDFA, etc.

• Commissioner

• Prefer having a moderator but not a must.

• The voice of the League, keeping the discussion thread talking.

• Resolves any conflicts pertaining to the forum rules and tcmd guidelines.

• Creative writers 

• It’s always exciting to read news related to the mock draft.

• Creates Q&A for mock interviews from GM and team staff if applicable.

• TCMD Board of Directors (aka - Counsel or Committee)

• This board will vote on transactions that would be considered gaming the system.  Example, would be a trade or contract extension that could do lasting damage to the mock or team.  Most transactions will be approved regardless how some view the trade, I'm of the believe that you know your team better than most.

Membership

• As General Manager, you are given “total control” to manage your team either; independently without the help from a team staff or as a group effort, either by members of your choosing or by creating a war room thread within your team’s sub-forum and assign your staff with position titles, responsibilities and to the level of control you are willing to provide them.

Just giving members the ability to scout without any real control isn’t really any fun for them, so put some thought into how you will manage your franchise. 

• If you elect to run your franchise as a group here is a suggestion for setting it up, that does a couple of things; spreads out the workload and gives the “coaching staff” some real control.

• Total Control War Room, where those that want to be involved have “total control” to manage their assigned position.  Since this is a new concept I’ll explain in more detail.  

The idea behind this is that not all members within the group are going to commit to the same level of participation but giving them more control could change that.    Unlike in previous mocks the positions of Head Coach and Coordinators never really carried much value, as these were just titles that simply stated their level of participation.  Where with this system, titles give you certain levels of “control” While some GM’s may not like or want to give up this much control, the individual owner/operator would likely be the best choice for you.

• General Manager

• Hires coaching staff.

• Assigns an assistant General Manager (either HC or director of Player Personnel or College Scouting)

• Manages any voided coaching staff positions (hire or control).

• Determines the first pick selection in the draft, not necessarily the first round pick as some teams may not have one.

• Determines the financial spending limits for each position within the free agency; or with smaller war rooms, it could be broken down into offense, defense, special teams.

• Head Coach

• Asst. GM (Determined by GM)

• Liaison between the coaching staff and GM.

• Works with the GM to create contract offers based on the information and scouting reporting from coaching staff.  

• Given the choice to make the teams 2nd draft selection.

• Offensive Coordinator 

• Total Control over which offensive players are scouted in both the free agency and the draft.

• Given the choice to select the team’s 3rd or 4th draft pick (to be determined by the GM)

• Defensive Coordinator

• Total Control over which defensive players are scouted in both the fa and draft.

• Given the choice to select the team’s 3rd or 4th draft pick (to be determined by the GM)

• Director of Player Personnel

• Pairs with the GM in finding potential trades.

• Must be able to negotiate a deal with not only the other team but the coaches holding the draft picks on your own team. 

• Provided the option to make the team’s 5th draft pick selection.

• Director of College Scouting

• These are your scouting gurus that know the draft well enough to find the talent in the later rounds.  As they will make the teams final two draft selections in rounds 6 and 7. 

Edited by ny92mike

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Thanks.

It's a bit surreal running the Bengals in this and seeing all the free agents we can sign vs the reality of Mike Brown taking a long nap the day free agency opens. MB, baby, just pay the men and they'll sign with Cincy. 

Right...As a Giants fan I look forward to firing Dave Gettleman.

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Would love to do Denver. But I'm completely ok doing another team if @Counselor want to do our Broncos this year.

Could to the Colts, Rams, Raiders or Bears in this case.

I wouldn’t mind doing the Colts again would be three years in a row and I like to look at the players I have accumulated over that time for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I wouldn’t mind doing the Colts again would be three years in a row and I like to look at the players I have accumulated over that time for them.

Would appreciate that. Would love to build around Lock since I've drafted him last year (tho Elway did way better job in RL)