2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At 1-7....OMG the team isn’t winning I’m not happy 

Finishes 6-2....Umm he’s not a people person, umm Bell isn’t performing well, umm I’m not happy 

LOL New York sports fans man. Their way or the highway. We should have hired Joe Judge. 

However, we didn't look good during that 6-2 run...

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

At 1-7....OMG the team isn’t winning I’m not happy 

Finishes 6-2....Umm he’s not a people person, umm Bell isn’t performing well, umm I’m not happy 

LOL New York sports fans man. Their way or the highway. We should have hired Joe Judge. 

At 1-7 I was still saying we'd rattle off a handle full of wins and finish right around where we did. I don't think people understand how insanely easy our schedule was this season, especially the latter stretch. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

At 1-7 I was still saying we'd rattle off a handle full of wins and finish right around where we did. I don't think people understand how insanely easy our schedule was this season, especially the latter stretch. 

I said the same thing but far before the season had even started and spiraled out of control. I honestly feel like even if we lost but Sam played every game we would have found our consistency earlier in the year. And maybe, just maybe those Miami and Cincinnati losses don’t happen. 

We also have to understand that the same way we looked at certain games as easy, other teams saw the same in us but we won them and they didn’t. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I said the same thing but far before the season had even started and spiraled out of control. I honestly feel like even if we lost but Sam played every game we would have found our consistency earlier in the year. And maybe, just maybe those Miami and Cincinnati losses don’t happen. 

We also have to understand that the same way we looked at certain games as easy, other teams saw the same in us but we won them and they didn’t. 

We had 2 quality games played all season and that was Oakland and Washington in back to back weeks. Every win besides that we didn’t look that good in. Did enough to win. Which when you’re a winning team matters. But we aren’t there yet. It’s good to create the culture that winning period is great.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We had 2 quality games played all season and that was Oakland and Washington in back to back weeks. Every win besides that we didn’t look that good in. Did enough to win. Which when you’re a winning team matters. But we aren’t there yet. It’s good to create the culture that winning period is great.

Dallas? New York? Buffalo week 1 was going well until Mosley dropped. But with all the turnover roster wise it was hard to find consistency. It’s like in baseball where you have to manufacture runs, sac flys aren’t as pretty as homeruns but they get the job done. Look at this. 

When have you seen something like that before? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Dallas? New York? Buffalo week 1 was going well until Mosley dropped. But with all the turnover roster wise it was hard to find consistency. It’s like in baseball where you have to manufacture runs, sac flys aren’t as pretty as homeruns but they get the job done. Look at this. 

When have you seen something like that before? 

Never. It's a major problem and I really hope the Jets make dramatic changes to their medical/training techniques. We've been told that the team has been undergoing a study for over 2 months now so I have some faith, but would like to see them take a page out of the Yankees playbook and hire someone like Eric Cressey to be part of their Strength & Conditioning team. There have been so many advances in sports science/medicine that new philosophies should at the very least allow the team to avoid an anomaly like this one going forward. 

• Like 2

Agreed - Sam was great vs. Dallas so everyone thought he’d just jump right back into it, when in reality, the guy was on bed rest for a month so some type of acclimation period should’ve been expected. 

Having said that, I thought we had more talent (On paper) than the majority of the teams we beat this year. That’s wild and speaks volumes about our SOS. I agree with Bobby that although winning is great for culture, there’s nothing that impresses me about barely beating the Miami’s of the world while looking inept in the process. 

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

Agreed - Sam was great vs. Dallas so everyone thought he’d just jump right back into it, when in reality, the guy was on bed rest for a month so some type of acclimation period should’ve been expected. 

Having said that, I thought we had more talent (On paper) than the majority of the teams we beat this year. That’s wild and speaks volumes about our SOS. I agree with Bobby that although winning is great for culture, there’s nothing that impresses me about barely beating the Miami’s of the world while looking inept in the process. 

As fans we fail to realize that other teams play too. Just because we think we should walk through other teams those are men on the other side of the ball. 

Cant be mad we lost Miami and mad with how we beat them.

Only bad loss was Cincinnati. Dalton always kills us tho

As fans we fail to realize that other teams play too. Just because we think we should walk through other teams those are men on the other side of the ball. 

Cant be mad we lost Miami and mad with how we beat them.

Only bad loss was Cincinnati. Dalton always kills us tho

We aren't even in the same stratosphere here so i'll just agree to disagree lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I do not think we have more talent than those teams. Remember, this Jets team had a TON of injuries. We lost a lot of good football players for the season.  

The advantage we had over teams was usually Darnold. Also Jamal Adams taking control of the defense. We have some pieces, but if we didn't have Darnold we would probably be a 1-15 team.  Our roster was pathetic, we couldn't run the ball at all all season. We had a historically bad OL with 9-10 different groupings. No #1 WR, both TEs injured. Awful CBs, no edge rush, losing our 2 best LBers. 

I just don't see how we had more talent than any team. We are among the least talented teams in football. We need Joe Douglas to be a good drafter and to put priorities on positions that matter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I do not think we have more talent than those teams. Remember, this Jets team had a TON of injuries. We lost a lot of good football players for the season.  

The advantage we had over teams was usually Darnold. Also Jamal Adams taking control of the defense. We have some pieces, but if we didn't have Darnold we would probably be a 1-15 team.  Our roster was pathetic, we couldn't run the ball at all all season. We had a historically bad OL with 9-10 different groupings. No #1 WR, both TEs injured. Awful CBs, no edge rush, losing our 2 best LBers. 

I just don't see how we had more talent than any team. We are among the least talented teams in football. We need Joe Douglas to be a good drafter and to put priorities on positions that matter. 

Miami, Bills Jv team, Giants, Redskins - We had more “talent” on paper than all four of these teams. Darnold > Hodges is a enough of a talent gap to give us the advantage over the Steelers. 

I’m not overestimating our roster or discrediting injuries, our schedule was that bad. 

I think a point that should be noted going into FA is that getting an OLineman to want to come here should be that hard. 1st off we have money to offer. We have a QB to sell and even a star RB to sell.

But that's not the biggest selling point for me that will make guys want to come here. JD I think will be the reason they want to come here. He's a respects personnel guy. But more importantly he's young and a former OLineman that I think can 100% sell this team to OLineman. So in years past areas we needed help in, we wondered if we could sell the franchise to these guys. I don't think we have to worry about that with the FA OLineman this offseason.

• Like 1