2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

2 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Nah man, #1 means clearly the best target on the team to me. That's the go to Calvin Johnson on the team and clearly communicates the best from the rest. I don't care where they line up, I care about how well they play receiver. John Brown is not a true #1 because he'd play second fiddle on half the team in the NFL - third on teams like Houston and Vikings.

And it looks like our differences come down to perceived talent. I think Jeudy is a tier above the past few WR draft prospects and you don't. You think the top OL in this draft are a tier above the past few drafts - I don't. Add in that I believe it's easier to acquire top OL through FA than it is WR and you get my full reasoning for going Jeudy first round.

Which is misinformed. "#1 means clearly the best target on the team" is completely arbitrary and totally misinformed. Also, using Calvin Johnson as a bar... you realize he's probably the best WR prospect and one of the best receivers ever right? But we will play with it. Let's go through a list of players who are go-to guys, have had at least some history of success, and would be capable of being "#1" go-to target for more than half the teams in the NFL... 

• Julio Jones: 1st round pick 
  • AJ Green: 1st round pick 
  • Amari Cooper: 1st round pick 
  • Odell Beckham: 1st round pick 
  • DeAndre Hopkins: 1st round pick 
  • Mike Evans: 1st round pick 
  • Michael Thomas: 2nd round pick 
  • Davante Adams: 2nd round pick 
  • Allen Robinson: 2nd round pick 
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster: 2nd round pick 
  • Keenan Allen: 3rd round pick 
  • TY Hilton: 3rd round pick 
  • Chris Godwin: 3rd round pick 
  • Emmanuel Sanders: 3rd round pick
  • Tyreek Hill: 5th round pick
  • Stefon Diggs: 5th round pick 

On that list, AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Emmaunel Sanders, Tyreek Hill, and Stefon Diggs are the only guys who have winning records in the NFL. 

Now, lets rank the top 15 teams by record in this past decade, accompanied by their leading receiver over the same span and the amount of 1st round picks spent on a WRs this decade: 

1. NE (125-35): Julian Edelman, 7th round / Rob Gronkowski, 2nd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: N'Keal Harry, 2019: TBD
  2. GB (102-56-2): Davante Adams, 2nd round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  3. PIT (102-57-1): Antonio Brown, 6th round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs)
  4. SEA (100-59-1): Doug Baldwin, 7th round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  5. NO (100-60): Michael Thomas, 2nd round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  6. BAL (98-62): Torrey Smith, 2nd round (two 1st round picks spent on WRs: Marquise Brown, 2019: TBD; Breshad Perriman, 2015)
  7. KC (96-64): Tyreek Hill, 5th round / Travis Kelce, 3rd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Jon Baldwin, 2011
  8. DEN (89-71): Demaryius Thomas, 1st round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Demaryius Thomas, 2010
  9. ATL (89-71): Julio Jones, 1st round (two 1st round picks spent on WR: Julio Jones, 2011Calvin Ridley, 2018)
  10. PHI (87-73): DeSean Jackson, 2nd round / Zach Ertz, 2nd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Nelson Agohlor, 2015
  11. DAL (86-74): Dez Bryant, 1st round / Jason Witten, 3rd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Dez Bryant, 2010)
  12. MIN (81-77-2): Stefon Diggs, 5th round pick (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Laquon Treadwell, 2016
  13. IND (82-78): TY Hilton, 3rd round pick (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  14. HOU (82-78): DeAndre Hopkins, 1st round pick (two 1st round picks spent on WR: DeAndre Hopkins, 2013; Will Fuller, 2016)
  15. SF (80-79-1): Anquon Boldin, 2nd round (FA) / Vernon Davis, 1st round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: AJ Jenkins, 2012) 

1st round WRs this decade... 

Year Name Team Career Record Current Status
2019 Marquise Brown Ravens Winning Record WR1/2 (tbd) 
  N'Keal Harry Patriots Winning Record WR3/4 (tbd) 
2018 D.J. Moore Panthers Losing Record WR1/2
  Calvin Ridley Falcons Losing Record WR2/3
2017 Corey Davis Titans Winning Record WR2/3
  Mike Williams Chargers Losing Record WR2
  John Ross Bengals Losing Record WR2/3
2016 Corey Coleman Browns (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Will Fuller Texans Winning Record WR2
  Josh Doctson Redskins (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Laquon Treadwell Vikings (cut) Winning Record WR4/5
2015 Amari Cooper Raiders (traded) Losing Record WR1 (traded)
  Kevin White Bears (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  DeVante Parker Dolphins Losing Record WR1/2
  Nelson Agholor Eagles Winning Record WR3/4
  Breshad Perriman Ravens (cut) Losing Record WR3/4
  Phillip Dorsett Colts (traded)  Winning Record WR3/4
2014 Sammy Watkins Bills (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Mike Evans Buccaneers Losing Record WR1
  Odell Beckham Jr. Giants (traded) Losing Record WR1
  Brandin Cooks Saints (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Kelvin Benjamin Panthers (traded) Losing Record Out of NFL
2012 Justin Blackmon Jaguars (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Michael Floyd Cardinals (walk) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Kendall Wright Titans (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  A.J. Jenkins 49ers (cut) Winning Record Out of NFL
2011 A.J. Green Bengals Winning Record WR1
  Julio Jones Falcons Winning Record WR1
  Jon Baldwin Chiefs (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL 
2010 Demaryius Thomas Broncos (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Dez Bryant Cowboys (cut) Winning Record Out of NFL

I would've thrown in the amount of 1st rounders spent on OL as well, but I know you would've thrown out the "there's 5 positions vs. 2" argument, so I refrained. Think my point has been made regardless - dumping 1st round picks into WRs doesn't correlate into winning more games; having a good OL does. 

As far as Jeudy: I absolutely think he is the best receiver to come out in the last few drafts as is CeeDee Lamb. That said he's not competing against much, yet many players drafted in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds have all panned out. In the last decade alone, I would've ranked them below

1. AJ Green 
  2. Julio Jones
  3. Odell Beckham (those of you on this board know I felt he was a stud long before the media did) 
  4. Mike Williams (those on this board also know how I felt about him... thought he'd be the next AJ/Julio but injuries were his asterisk)
  5. Dez Bryant (he's one of my favorite receiver prospects all time)
  6. Michael Floyd (thought he was going to be a sure-fire stud) 
  7. Sammy Watkins (I liked Odell better, but Sammy was next) 
  8. Mike Evans (followed Sammy) 

So if I actually kept a grade scale over the years, I probably would've had Jeudy/CeeDee rounding out the top 10 with Brandin Cooks (another guy I absolutely adored). It'll be interesting to see if the draftniks compare them to their past grade scales like they do with the QBs. Again, I think they're great prospects but they're being spoken of like the 2nd coming of Christ on this board. 

Now I wasted my night doing this when I could've been studying. Lol. Speak to you guys in a few weeks. 

Edited by jetskid007
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 10:06 PM, rampantjet said:

That is a list mostly comprised of really old humans.  We aren't in win now mode, if anything we need to get younger not older.

Because I think Jets should pursue both T first so during that activity they may miss out young and hot FA like Clowney.   If Jets managed to get Clowney among with two Ts then I would be happy to skip Quinn or JPP as FA need.   What Jets need is to improve the team's skill set to next level right away.  Not all youngsters can offer that as I don't count on that for Jets. 

On 1/24/2020 at 6:29 AM, NJC33 said:

Oh I agree, which is why I would pass on a receiver in the 1st.

My point being to question the idea and success of a WR by committee approach. The 49rs make it work but Kittle is essentially a #1 receiver. The Ravens, sure, but Lamar just ran for 1,200 yards so it’s not like they’re reliant on a top flight receiving option. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks are really the only team making it work. Just a thought ..

Only Darnold can answer that. lol.

17 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Which is misinformed. "#1 means clearly the best target on the team" is completely arbitrary and totally misinformed. Also, using Calvin Johnson as a bar... you realize he's probably the best WR prospect and one of the best receivers ever right? But we will play with it. Let's go through a list of players who are go-to guys, have had at least some history of success, and would be capable of being "#1" go-to target for more than half the teams in the NFL... 

• Julio Jones: 1st round pick 
  • AJ Green: 1st round pick 
  • Amari Cooper: 1st round pick 
  • Odell Beckham: 1st round pick 
  • DeAndre Hopkins: 1st round pick 
  • Mike Evans: 1st round pick 
  • Michael Thomas: 2nd round pick 
  • Davante Adams: 2nd round pick 
  • Allen Robinson: 2nd round pick 
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster: 2nd round pick 
  • Keenan Allen: 3rd round pick 
  • TY Hilton: 3rd round pick 
  • Chris Godwin: 3rd round pick 
  • Emmanuel Sanders: 3rd round pick
  • Tyreek Hill: 5th round pick
  • Stefon Diggs: 5th round pick 

On that list, AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Emmaunel Sanders, Tyreek Hill, and Stefon Diggs are the only guys who have winning records in the NFL. 

Now, lets rank the top 15 teams by record in this past decade, accompanied by their leading receiver over the same span and the amount of 1st round picks spent on a WRs this decade: 

1. NE (125-35): Julian Edelman, 7th round / Rob Gronkowski, 2nd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: N'Keal Harry, 2019: TBD
  2. GB (102-56-2): Davante Adams, 2nd round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  3. PIT (102-57-1): Antonio Brown, 6th round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs)
  4. SEA (100-59-1): Doug Baldwin, 7th round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  5. NO (100-60): Michael Thomas, 2nd round (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  6. BAL (98-62): Torrey Smith, 2nd round (two 1st round picks spent on WRs: Marquise Brown, 2019: TBD; Breshad Perriman, 2015)
  7. KC (96-64): Tyreek Hill, 5th round / Travis Kelce, 3rd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Jon Baldwin, 2011
  8. DEN (89-71): Demaryius Thomas, 1st round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Demaryius Thomas, 2010
  9. ATL (89-71): Julio Jones, 1st round (two 1st round picks spent on WR: Julio Jones, 2011Calvin Ridley, 2018)
  10. PHI (87-73): DeSean Jackson, 2nd round / Zach Ertz, 2nd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Nelson Agohlor, 2015
  11. DAL (86-74): Dez Bryant, 1st round / Jason Witten, 3rd round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Dez Bryant, 2010)
  12. MIN (81-77-2): Stefon Diggs, 5th round pick (one 1st round pick spent on WR: Laquon Treadwell, 2016
  13. IND (82-78): TY Hilton, 3rd round pick (no 1st round picks spent on WRs) 
  14. HOU (82-78): DeAndre Hopkins, 1st round pick (two 1st round picks spent on WR: DeAndre Hopkins, 2013; Will Fuller, 2016)
  15. SF (80-79-1): Anquon Boldin, 2nd round (FA) / Vernon Davis, 1st round (one 1st round pick spent on WR: AJ Jenkins, 2012) 

1st round WRs this decade... 

Year Name Team Career Record Current Status
2019 Marquise Brown Ravens Winning Record WR1/2 (tbd) 
  N'Keal Harry Patriots Winning Record WR3/4 (tbd) 
2018 D.J. Moore Panthers Losing Record WR1/2
  Calvin Ridley Falcons Losing Record WR2/3
2017 Corey Davis Titans Winning Record WR2/3
  Mike Williams Chargers Losing Record WR2
  John Ross Bengals Losing Record WR2/3
2016 Corey Coleman Browns (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Will Fuller Texans Winning Record WR2
  Josh Doctson Redskins (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Laquon Treadwell Vikings (cut) Winning Record WR4/5
2015 Amari Cooper Raiders (traded) Losing Record WR1 (traded)
  Kevin White Bears (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  DeVante Parker Dolphins Losing Record WR1/2
  Nelson Agholor Eagles Winning Record WR3/4
  Breshad Perriman Ravens (cut) Losing Record WR3/4
  Phillip Dorsett Colts (traded)  Winning Record WR3/4
2014 Sammy Watkins Bills (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Mike Evans Buccaneers Losing Record WR1
  Odell Beckham Jr. Giants (traded) Losing Record WR1
  Brandin Cooks Saints (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Kelvin Benjamin Panthers (traded) Losing Record Out of NFL
2012 Justin Blackmon Jaguars (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Michael Floyd Cardinals (walk) Losing Record Out of NFL
  Kendall Wright Titans (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL
  A.J. Jenkins 49ers (cut) Winning Record Out of NFL
2011 A.J. Green Bengals Winning Record WR1
  Julio Jones Falcons Winning Record WR1
  Jon Baldwin Chiefs (cut) Losing Record Out of NFL 
2010 Demaryius Thomas Broncos (traded) Winning Record WR2/3
  Dez Bryant Cowboys (cut) Winning Record Out of NFL

I would've thrown in the amount of 1st rounders spent on OL as well, but I know you would've thrown out the "there's 5 positions vs. 2" argument, so I refrained. Think my point has been made regardless - dumping 1st round picks into WRs doesn't correlate into winning more games; having a good OL does. 

As far as Jeudy: I absolutely think he is the best receiver to come out in the last few drafts as is CeeDee Lamb. That said he's not competing against much, yet many players drafted in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd rounds have all panned out. In the last decade alone, I would've ranked them below

1. AJ Green 
  2. Julio Jones
  3. Odell Beckham (those of you on this board know I felt he was a stud long before the media did) 
  4. Mike Williams (those on this board also know how I felt about him... thought he'd be the next AJ/Julio but injuries were his asterisk)
  5. Dez Bryant (he's one of my favorite receiver prospects all time)
  6. Michael Floyd (thought he was going to be a sure-fire stud) 
  7. Sammy Watkins (I liked Odell better, but Sammy was next) 
  8. Mike Evans (followed Sammy) 

So if I actually kept a grade scale over the years, I probably would've had Jeudy/CeeDee rounding out the top 10 with Brandin Cooks (another guy I absolutely adored). It'll be interesting to see if the draftniks compare them to their past grade scales like they do with the QBs. Again, I think they're great prospects but they're being spoken of like the 2nd coming of Christ on this board. 

Now I wasted my night doing this when I could've been studying. Lol. Speak to you guys in a few weeks. 

- How is using #1 misinformed? You keep saying stuff like this without any explanation.

- Calvin Johnson wasn't a bar, he was an example. When Stafford was in trouble or needed a crucial catch, it was going to CJ. That's a #1 WR, and true #1 will be #1 on nearly every team.

- Your top 5 teams listed all have elite HoF QBs. We don't have that (at least not yet), so how is this breakdown relevant? It even looks like to me that the bottom half with all the green highlights how great receivers can help out average QBs.

- I don't see how I would throw out an argument about 5vs2 when I brought that up in the first place. Either way you slice it though, top tier OL is more available than a top tier WR.

- Again, I believe most of the recent drafts are weak in WR and about the same every year in regards to OL and it shows. Very rarely do you get an elite WR, where I'm curious to see if OL was more consistent here.

I think my point still remains valid: You are substantially less likely to land an elite WR outside the draft than an elite OL, therefore you should take the elite WR over any elite OL in the draft when you have the chance.

Sanchez with an ELITE OL got us to B2B AFCCG. 

We took away the line and left Holmes, Edwards, Mason and then Burress and it all fell apart. 

Our fan base more than any understands the important of the line. 

Im not against Jeudy or even Lamb but if an Elite OL is there then you take him and it’s possible one or two may be available. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Sanchez with an ELITE OL got us to B2B AFCCG. 

We took away the line and left Holmes, Edwards, Mason and then Burress and it all fell apart. 

Our fan base more than any understands the important of the line. 

Im not against Jeudy or even Lamb but if an Elite OL is there then you take him and it’s possible one or two may be available. 

We also let some of our elite defense go as well in that time. I agree with you. I’ve always been pro building the OL. But weapons do matter. Especially for a young QB.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We also let some of our elite defense go as well in that time. I agree with you. I’ve always been pro building the OL. But weapons do matter. Especially for a young QB.

Where would you rank 

Bell, Anderson, Herndon, DT, Crowder, Enunwa. Griffin amongst weapons in the league?

Middle of the pack? 

4 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Where would you rank 

Bell, Anderson, Herndon, DT, Crowder, Enunwa. Griffin amongst weapons in the league?

Middle of the pack? 

Yes average. I think Bell is elite, which Jim Brown couldn’t have looked good behind our OL this year. Anderson I think is overrated. Herndon has to show me more than a good last 1/2 of the season as a rookie for me to call him anything really. DT is a shell of himself. Crowder I like. Think he could be even better with legit talent on the outside. Enunwa got injured again while I typed this. And Griffin I like.

So yes about middle of the pack.

Thing is, is I think we’re idiotic to pay Anderson anything more than 9-10mill (someone will offer him more). Resigning DT I’m not a fan of. He can be an emergency sign if we crap the bed in FA and the draft. Trust me... no teams are going into a money battle for his services. Enunwa gets injured if you fart on him. Leaving us with a question mark in Herndon. A very good slot WR in Crowder. A steady TE in Griffin. And guys off the street (Berrios, Smith, Chesson).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes average. I think Bell is elite, which Jim Brown couldn’t have looked good behind our OL this year. Anderson I think is overrated. Herndon has to show me more than a good last 1/2 of the season as a rookie for me to call him anything really. DT is a shell of himself. Crowder I like. Think he could be even better with legit talent on the outside. Enunwa got injured again while I typed this. And Griffin I like.

Thing is, is I think we’re idiotic to pay Anderson anything more than 9-10mill (someone will offer him more). Resigning DT I’m not a fan of. He can be an emergency sign if we crap the bed in FA and the draft. Trust me... no teams are going into a money battle for his services. Enunwa gets injured if you fart on him. Leaving us with a question mark in Herndon. A very good slot WR in Crowder. A steady TE in Griffin. And guys off the street (Berrios, Smith, Chesson).

Good assessment. I think with an improved line and Sam understanding the offense better will help everyone out. Oddly enough Douglas comes from multiple organizations who rarely go after skill players in the first round of drafts 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Bell WAS elite, at least with his versatility.  It can be argued he was never truly elite as a pure runner.  He had some good years behind an elite OL, but really your OL determines how your RB plays more than the RB does, hence i think 0 RB's are worth the money we are paying him.  That being said he looked down right slow at times this year, and while Jim Brown didn't run behind this line 30 year old Bilal Powell did and averaged .7 more ypc this year...... not a great look for Bell.  If Powell can do that, you'd figure an actually elite level RB could be in the mid 4 ypc area.  

I’ll be paying close attention to what Jeremiah and McShay have to say. Both could have easily been in our front office. So, clearly JD values their opinion. Not saying he’ll be asking them. But they’ll give us a glimpse of what could be going on in our front office.

Found it interesting that Jeremiah has Whirfs as a guard and he only has 2 OT with top 15 grades. McShay doesn’t seem high on this OL class. At least not at the top.

Both have Lamb and Jeudy as top 10 picks. 

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 2

On 1/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I think my point still remains valid: You are substantially less likely to land an elite WR outside the draft than an elite OL, therefore you should take the elite WR over any elite OL in the draft when you have the chance.

With all do respect, this take is why you wouldn’t have a job in the NFL, but respect your opinion and agree to disagree. 

I’m on a self-imposes break from the forum but figured I’d drop a few notes in and discuss next week: 

• Honest question: can someone in here tell me the difference between Calvin Ridley and Jerry Jeudy as prospects outside of age/production? 
  • I know that Jeremiah put him in his mock, but apparently the Chaisson connection is legitimate from other sources. Jets scouts spent a lot of time around the LSU program this year, and there are connections between our front office and his HS, and our coaching staff has tons of ties to his position coach, Bill Johnson. I’ve heard he’s expected to measure in around 6’3, 255 a few weeks from now, and the prospect who he compares to is Sergio Kindle, who was drafted by Baltimore 43rd overall in 2010 despite significant injury/off the field concerns. On the field he was poised to become a complete player. You see very similar players when watching the Texas tape / LSU tape. Ultimately, Kindle suffered a head injury and suffered from narcolepsy prior to rookie training camp. His career never took off, but the Ravens thought he had the ability to be great. 
  • All said, I still expect the Jets to opt for the best OL available in R1 unless something explosive happens pre-draft (i.e. trading for Trent Williams- who is repped by CAA similarly to Douglas/Gase/Darnold and signing a top-end option, or signing 2-3 top-end Ts and Gs such as Conklin (CAA), Bulaga (CAA), Scherff (CAA), etc., ... if the Jets add 3 veteran sure-fire starters, then I can see them possibly loosening their stance on draft day) 

9 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

With all do respect, this take is why you wouldn’t have a job in the NFL, but respect your opinion and agree to disagree. 

I’m on a self-imposes break from the forum but figured I’d drop a few notes in and discuss next week: 

• Honest question: can someone in here tell me the difference between Calvin Ridley and Jerry Jeudy as prospects outside of age/production? 
  • I know that Jeremiah put him in his mock, but apparently the Chaisson connection is legitimate from other sources. Jets scouts spent a lot of time around the LSU program this year, and there are connections between our front office and his HS, and our coaching staff has tons of ties to his position coach, Bill Johnson. I’ve heard he’s expected to measure in around 6’3, 255 a few weeks from now, and the prospect who he compares to is Sergio Kindle, who was drafted by Baltimore 43rd overall in 2010 despite significant injury/off the field concerns. On the field he was poised to become a complete player. You see very similar players when watching the Texas tape / LSU tape. Ultimately, Kindle suffered a head injury and suffered from narcolepsy prior to rookie training camp. His career never took off, but the Ravens thought he had the ability to be great. 
  • All said, I still expect the Jets to opt for the best OL available in R1 unless something explosive happens pre-draft (i.e. trading for Trent Williams- who is repped by CAA similarly to Douglas/Gase/Darnold and signing a top-end option, or signing 2-3 top-end Ts and Gs such as Conklin (CAA), Bulaga (CAA), Scherff (CAA), etc., ... if the Jets add 3 veteran sure-fire starters, then I can see them possibly loosening their stance on draft day) 

Looking at all the people who work in the NFL, I'm pretty sure my opinion on OL and WR values wouldn't bar me from a job. It's not exactly NASA. And just because "draft the elite receiver" is too mainstream of a position for you doesn't make it invalid.

• Jeudy has better hands, Ridley always had problems with drops. Jeudy might also be a better route runner, but I very much believe if Ridley were not opposite of Julio, he'd be posting 100REC/10TD/1200YD seasons.
  • I'm all for whoever at edge, just as long as we keep trying.
  • Woah, woah, woah. What's this talk about getting 3 veteran OL from FA/Trade? Heresy.

4 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

Looking at all the people who work in the NFL, I'm pretty sure my opinion on OL and WR values wouldn't bar me from a job. It's not exactly NASA. And just because "draft the elite receiver" is too mainstream of a position for you doesn't make it invalid.

• Jeudy has better hands, Ridley always had problems with drops. Jeudy might also be a better route runner, but I very much believe if Ridley were not opposite of Julio, he'd be posting 100REC/10TD/1200YD seasons.
  • I'm all for whoever at edge, just as long as we keep trying.
  • Woah, woah, woah. What's this talk about getting 3 veteran OL from FA/Trade? Heresy.

I made some rushing errors when I was typing (also Conklin is Rosenhaus* not CAA and Scherff is Neil C), but yes, definitely hearsay; I haven’t heard anything, but posted for discussion purposes. 

What I mean is, it’s still possible the Jets go out and sign 3 guys who they determine are capable starters. It would likely be one ”record” contract (Scherff/Thuney/Conklin or trade for Williams), a high APY contract thats slightly lower on guarantees (think Glasgow/Bulaga/Humphries/McGovern/Karras/Ifedi), and another established vet who may get good money but on a short deal (think Peters/Vaitai/Lucas). I believe @Bobby816 took this approach in a recent mock, but not sure. We saw the Bills do it last year (Morse, Spain, Feliciano were 3 among 5 OL free agents they signed who were full time starters). So while I don’t see it happening, just saying it’s possible. 

Ultimately I’m locked on Wirfs to the Jets; I felt that way since September 2019 and I won’t get off that until draft day. Too many connections between the Iowa program, his camp, and the Jets for me to dismiss it, and I think he’s the most likely to fall out of the top 10 (even if it’s unwarranted) among the “big 4” because he’s the least likely to be a LT given his playing style and lack of length. The Jets asked for Nick Martin (or Tyron Smith) in a potential trade for Adams, and if you go back and watch his college tape he looks very much like a slightly smaller Wirfs- similar athletic movements, body types, power and explosion in their games. Just feels like he’s the type of high floor OL prospect that will be a high level RT or G that the Jets can build around. 

16 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

For me Cooper is a better comparison than that of Ridley. Reason being that I rate the route running of them as this.

1. Jeudy

2. Cooper

3. Ridley

I see not a great route runner in Jeudy... I see the best route runner I’ve ever seen coming into the draft. His hips and the way he comes out of his breaks creates great separation. And that’s the best trait for a WR is creating that. He does that at an extremely high level. For me he’s a better Cooper. Not quite Julio... but close. Another thing to add about him is that I think he can add muscle as he gets older (he’s still only 20). Him with some more muscle to go along with his skill set will be scary IMO. He’s not going to blow people away at the combine bc he’s not a physical freak. But it’s the technical side of playing WR he’s elite at. And that shows in game more so than a workout.

This all being said... I don’t rate Lamb much behind Jeudy. Purely on talent I have them rated 3 and 4 behind Burrow and Young. But bc I think we need OL more so than WR they’re below a few OLineman in my big board. But purely on talent and confidence I know they’ll be great at the next level. They’re 2 and 3 on my board (I dont have Burrow on my board for us).

• Like 1

The fan in me who has seldom seen the Jets with a top 10 offense wants the sexy WR if the OTs are taken. However, with that being said, the right selection might be the guy who Douglas believes is going to make a difference at the LOS whether it’s on D or O. Obviously if the WR prospect that’s sitting there is just significantly more talented and could make more of a difference than let’s do it but if the gap is close...we could see Douglas taking that DE/OLB. I do also believe we have a guy who will be WAY more decisive if a trade up/down situation presents itself. Personally I would still like another top 100 pick. Does that mean a trade back or even a Lev Bell move? We shall see. I wanted Bell, I know our line was awful, but I also wasn’t completely blown away with Bells burst. I would prefer to give him another year personally but I definitely understand the idea of moving on if it could benefit us with a decent pick and a certain amount of cap relief. It already feels like the seasons been over forever and we still have a ways to go for FA! Can’t wait to see what Douglas does to this roster. I have a good feeling about him.