2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

So WR’s I think we’re gonna be interested in are: Emmanuel Sanders, Breshad Perriman, Rashad Higgins, Chester Rogers, Demarcus Robinson, Damiere Byrd, Randall Cobb, Keelan Cole

We agree. None should really break the bank either. Given the lack of production, age or injury history.

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We agree. None should really break the bank either. Given the lack of production, age or injury history.

Yeah ultimately unless Thomas, Wirfs, and Wills are gone by 11 I fully expect us to add 2 in free agency and 1 in the 2nd or 3rd

2 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Solid hire by the dolphins,  Gailey was solid here,

They’re gonna stretch teams out vertically next year which makes sense with their two receivers on the outside. We def have to hope Austin and Hairston can find some consistency and we add two more Corners to that duo. 

Poole is one of the better Nickel Corners in the NFL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Biggest take away from JD's press conference: he said Quincy will be back. Assuming the medicals check out as both sides have alluded to, I don't see him as anything more than valuable depth, but very glad to hear that he's recovering

I wouldn't hold my breath with him. Hes probably done, has spinal issues that are always going to be there. Maccagnan a idiot for resigning him. Money would have been better off with Anderson.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I am hoping my boy BASHAM who has an awesome name for a LB plays a much bigger role for us.  I like how he was in spot duty the beginning of the season then he came on strong at the end.  Had a beautiful strip sack unfairly robbed from him.  

AMEN BROTHER! Love me some Basham. Gregg Williams could have a chance to dominate defensively next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Makes me feel better about OLB and not desperate to grab one in the first round.

Basham impressed. Sack numbers weren't there but made plays and consistently set the edge. He led all Jets EDGE rushers in snaps this year (although Jenkins did miss time). Phillips was a lot like Basham, but less impactful as a pass rusher. Interested to see how he makes the sophomore jump. 

Jets are in an interesting spot with Jenkins. Coming off his best year with 8 sacks and only turning 26, do you resign him or let him walk and seek to add a bigger fish as his replacement (see: Ngakoue, Fowler, Dupree, Barrett, Clowney)? 

Personally I think the Jets should bring the band back together and see how effective the unit could be with Mosely/improved CBs/further developed Q. Can't solve every need in one offseason and Jenkins will be cheaper than those above stated FAs. Next year you can re-evaluate the position in greater detail, assuming you don't land a steal somewhere in tier-3 FA/outside of round 1 in the draft, and invest more heavily in the position next year. I don't think the Jets will be able to do both (sign Jenkins + top-tier FA/high draft pick)