2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t have enough confidence in Gase to think he’ll start mid round rookies over vets. That’s my opinion.

No difference.    Jetskid talked about 3-5 year progression for Jets.   Lightly using rookies is not uncommon in NFL as we still can't focus on rookies for instant productive roles unless they naturally show for that.  Just because MM and Bowles failed to develop or convert enough rookies into reasonable NFL players doesn't mean Gase can't.  Gase is working with right GM for first time in his career so give him the benefit of the doubt.

Getting veterans for WR should stay within the financial obligation. Whether it is DT, Sharp, Sanders or some bum.  Don't fight over which one should Jets sign as long as it is a minimal contract.    We want the same for Jets regarding of WR for Darnold.

Is it doable?

Jets sign all Joe Thuney, Connor McGovern and Graham Glasgow.

Jets trade CJ Mosley to Broncos for this year's 4th round pick and next year's 3rd round pick.

Jets trade Le'Veon Bell (covering this year's 8m of his) to Falcons for this year's 3rd round pick and next year's conditional draft pick.

The reason to trade both Mosley and Bell away asap is both to adjust the 2020 salary cap fittingly and to improve the 2021 cap room for those newly acquired IOLs and possibly Jamal Adams' new contract.

Edited by JetsandI

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Is it doable?

Jets sign all Joe Thuney, Connor McGovern and Graham Glasgow.

Jets trade CJ Mosley to Broncos for this year's 4th round pick and next year's 3rd round pick.

Jets trade Le'Veon Bell (covering this year's 8m of his) to Falcons for this year's 3rd round pick and next year's conditional draft pick.

The reason to trade both Mosley and Bell away asap is both to adjust the 2020 salary cap fittingly and to improve the 2021 cap room for those newly acquired IOLs and possibly Jamal Adams' new contract.

Gase has a hard on for Mosley. No way he will let JD trade him.

3 hours ago, DowNY said:

Yeah.....I’d let Robby walk long as we draft CeeDee or Jeudy Jets. OLine and pass rush can be focused on with free agency and other picks.

Then we can double dip with WR with our additional 3rd or our 4th.

Youre going to be disappointed then. JD wont take a WR at 11 and Robby is def a goner. I do however see him double dipping on day 2 and 3.

20 hours ago, DowNY said:

Yeah.....I’d let Robby walk long as we draft CeeDee or Jeudy Jets. OLine and pass rush can be focused on with free agency and other picks.

Then we can double dip with WR with our additional 3rd or our 4th.

Since Mangold and Dbrick, we have been obtaining OL with later picks and FA.  How did that work out for us?  Let me answer - it hasn't.  Unless the top 4 OT are gone, we need at least one of them at 11.  With a deep WR class we can afford to wait until day two or three for a WR.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s very unlikely we go WR at 11. The thing is we are awful at grabbing mid round WRs no matter who the GM has been. So I have 0 confidence in us helping Darnold where it’s needed after OL.

This front office hasn’t had a single draft yet. 

How can you make the assumption that they won’t be able to find mid round receivers?