2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

This front office hasn’t had a single draft yet. 

How can you make the assumption that they won’t be able to find mid round receivers?

Im going by our organizations past. As well as that JD doesn’t have a track record of making mid round WRs great players. He doesn’t value the position it seems. So I’ll hope to be proven wrong. But at this stage I’m not optimistic about what weapons we will be giving Darnold

We need to copy the blueprint that the Bills used last offseason. Upgrade the OL through Free Agency and the draft first and foremost, then Add value WR’s that will work for our scheme and play to our QBs Strength. Throw in some CB help which I believe we’ll be heavily involved in and a value edge or 2(Depending on resigning Jenkins) and I think we could be in the hunt for a playoff spot.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Im going by our organizations past. As well as that JD doesn’t have a track record of making mid round WRs great players. He doesn’t value the position it seems. So I’ll hope to be proven wrong. But at this stage I’m not optimistic about what weapons we will be giving Darnold

All organizations Joe Douglas had worked for in his time drafted two 1st round WRs.  Mark Clayton and Kevin White.  They didn't work out well either.

2 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

We should hold on to Trumaine Johnson for a little while. He’s not really going to give us any additional cap space outside a couple Mil and we can literally get it whenever we need it. 

I would wait and see what happens And then move on when necessary. 

His inefficiency has killed Jets big time. I don't think salary cap is the reason they keep him or not.   Little Q, on other hand, is definitely kept as he is only 6-7m for this year comparing WR market of at least 9m.  

8 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

All organizations Joe Douglas had worked for in his time drafted two 1st round WRs.  Mark Clayton and Kevin White.  They didn't work out well either.

Exactly my point. He hasn’t had this great history with WRs. He’s a trenches guy. So I have 0 reason to think he will be getting these good to great mid round WRs. I hope he proves me wrong. But there’s really no evidence to show he is getting good starting players to be good 1-4 WRs in drafts.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly my point. He hasn’t had this great history with WRs. He’s a trenches guy. So I have 0 reason to think he will be getting these good to great mid round WRs. I hope he proves me wrong. But there’s really no evidence to show he is getting good starting players to be good 1-4 WRs in drafts.

Go back to Gase's first pro job with Lions. Lions drafted WR 3 out of 4 years.xD

To be honest, this draft class is loaded with WRs.  Only MM type error will screw it up for Joe Douglas' career as FO.  I think Jets can get away with a different kind of mistake at WR this time.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Outside of Running Back it seems wide receiver is the most turned over position in the league. I’ve never seen a WR carry a team which is probably why he’s not very high on them. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Outside of Running Back it seems wide receiver is the most turned over position in the league. I’ve never seen a WR carry a team which is probably why he’s not very high on them. 

I wouldn’t value WR as much if we had a proven QB. We don’t though. And he will need weapons to take that leap into franchise QB. I fully agree that protecting him needs to be the 1st step. But he can’t be throwing to washes up vets and mid round hopefuls and expect to take a huge leap.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

https://thejetpress.com/2019/10/18/new-york-jets-chuma-edoga-can-long-term-answer-lt/

Interesting...  He better commits to NFL job for long time.

Nice little fluff piece to spark some optimism. Seemed to me that Edoga was tossed around like a rag doll far too frequently, but his foot work and lateral movement really jumped off the screen. Seeing as this was a Gase pick, I expect him to get every shot at the staring role this offseason. The potential appears to be there, maybe we get lucky for once. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Nice little fluff piece to spark some optimism. Seemed to me that Edoga was tossed around like a rag doll far too frequently, but his foot work and lateral movement really jumped off the screen. Seeing as this was a Gase pick, I expect him to get every shot at the staring role this offseason. The potential appears to be there, maybe we get lucky for once. 

This wasn’t a Gase pick. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like him... but Gase and JD were brought in after the draft. I really liked Edoga in the draft and do think we start him somewhere. Bc we just can’t get 5 new OLineman in 1 offseason. Just is kinda unrealistic. It’s for us to figure out where he’s the best at and address everything else. I do expect us to target both Glasgow and Vaitai who both have versatility.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wouldn’t value WR as much if we had a proven QB. We don’t though. And he will need weapons to take that leap into franchise QB. I fully agree that protecting him needs to be the 1st step. But he can’t be throwing to washes up vets and mid round hopefuls and expect to take a huge leap.

Sam’s highs have come throwing to those vets and mid round hopefuls. 

The things that have plagued him are protection and his gunslinger mentality of trying to do too much. 

Sure we could use upgrades at WR but at the same time if we give Sam more time and he makes the proper reads and is patient then that could work. But time will tell. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Sam’s highs have come throwing to those vets and mid round hopefuls. 

The things that have plagued him are protection and his gunslinger mentality of trying to do too much. 

Sure we could use upgrades at WR but at the same time if we give Sam more time and he makes the proper reads and is patient then that could work. But time will tell. 

I said protecting him should be the priority. But taking some mid rounds shots on WRs that will have to start for us is risky with a hopeful franchise QB. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

This wasn’t a Gase pick. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like him... but Gase and JD were brought in after the draft. I really liked Edoga in the draft and do think we start him somewhere. Bc we just can’t get 5 new OLineman in 1 offseason. Just is kinda unrealistic. It’s for us to figure out where he’s the best at and address everything else. I do expect us to target both Glasgow and Vaitai who both have versatility.

Huh?