2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

why?

Price is going to be extremely Hugh IMO. Especially with Scherff also available. If Scherff hits the market then Thuney’s price goes up since most teams will miss out. If Scherff re-signs or is tagged then Thuney’s price will go up. 

I like Glasgow more because it opens up the possibility to draft either a Center or Guard to pair with him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Price is going to be extremely Hugh IMO. Especially with Scherff also available. If Scherff hits the market then Thuney’s price goes up since most teams will miss out. If Scherff re-signs or is tagged then Thuney’s price will go up. 

I like Glasgow more because it opens up the possibility to draft either a Center or Guard to pair with him. 

I think Jets are able to cover both Thuney and Glasgow. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bleacher Report had a deal for Jeffrey for us as us getting Jeffrey and Phillys 4th Rounder for 1 of our 6ths and a 7th.

I'd do that if we have the cap space after FA.

Both 6th round picks.  BB site has typo.  

https://thejetpress.com/2020/02/24/ny-jets-take-alshon-jeffery-contract-acquire-2020-nfl-draft-capital/

I am good with it.  Jets can acquire him and then rework his contract.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Both 6th round picks.  BB site has typo.  

https://thejetpress.com/2020/02/24/ny-jets-take-alshon-jeffery-contract-acquire-2020-nfl-draft-capital/

I am good with it.  Jets can acquire him and then rework his contract.

Im sure we'd really have to make sure we're ok with his foot. But having that additional 4th could be valuable. Even could be used as a trade chip to move up and get a guy that we value that's high on our board in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Allowing us to add more quality young talent to this team.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bleacher Report had a deal for Jeffrey for us as us getting Jeffrey and Phillys 4th Rounder for 1 of our 6ths and a 7th.

I'd do that if we have the cap space after FA.

I see something like this coming. I felt early in the offseason they would’ve tried working it out considering their own receiver woes but now looking bleak. 

It’s a shame my ex and I broke up on such bad terms lol. She’s friends with him and could’ve gotten some good unfiltered intel.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im sure we'd really have to make sure we're ok with his foot. But having that additional 4th could be valuable. Even could be used as a trade chip to move up and get a guy that we value that's high on our board in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Allowing us to add more quality young talent to this team.

Yup. An additional 4th last year probably would have helped us move up for Mecole Hardman, whom we were targeting. One thing we’ve never done is accumulate picks especially early on rounds 1-4

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yup. An additional 4th last year probably would have helped us move up for Mecole Hardman, whom we were targeting. One thing we’ve never done is accumulate picks especially early on rounds 1-4

I don't think Jets failed to trade up and get Hardman because of low ammo.  Chiefs moved up ONE spot in 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

He won't be moving around athletically until some time in the summer.  That means we won't know whether or not he will be okay until after the draft.  That 4th round pick wins us anything.