2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think it would look horrible but I wouldn't be upset if we traded Bell for a 2nd. But that will also depend on FA.  If we somehow grab 3 starters at OL that's a different story.

We aren’t getting a 2nd for Bell, not even close.

• Like 1

Bell had the lowest yards before contact in the NFL.  

All the stats show our ol was historically bad. 

We havent used a premium pick on ol since 2006.

Maccagnan ignored or flat out was terrible at drafting or addressing the most crucial positions in football.

This team had back to back inept GM that had thos team pathetic this decade.

Hope we start the 2020 decade with a GM that can build a football team.

Always address OL, EDGE, CB, and WR.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/06/jason-peters-vows-to-play-somewhere-next-season/

Still playing at an extremely high level, so worth monitoring.

The JD tie makes this a possibility. But not sure I want an often injured (2 torn Achilles, torn ACL and MCL) 38yr old to rely on at LT for us. The positive would be that you're getting a guy when healthy that plays at a high level and will more than likely not cost much bc of his age an 1yr deal. For me he's more a target for a win now team rather than a team trying to build a foundation for the long term.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

It’s about doing what’s effective and putting the team first. If Powell for example can see hole, hit hole and help move the chains then Bell should do the same. 

As for the Gase critiques lol come on man this is Bell’s job, do what you’re told. 

Gases job is to put players in a position to succeed. 

Gase needs to do his job first.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Couldn't agree more: Great coaches (Offense or defense) coach players, not schemes! 

There are exceptions, Shanahan for example seems married to certain philosophies/schemes and asks his personnel to fall in line with specified roles. Gase has now been a HC for four season, his best offensive finish was in 2016 when the Dolphins finished 24th in the league. Hope I'm wrong, but by all accounts he isn't Shanahan, how much time does he get before we can all agree on that? 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/06/jason-peters-vows-to-play-somewhere-next-season/

Still playing at an extremely high level, so worth monitoring.

Provides an alternative stop gap to Beachum. I’d stick with Beachum on a 2 year deal while we continue to invest in the OL. It’s unrealistic to expect 5 new starters. Get two lineman in FA and two with the top 4 picks. Have Alex Smith and Edoga compete for a starting spot as well. Compton and Harrison round out the unit.

Edited by SDotNova

13 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Okay and if forcing the Line to block in a style that isn’t effective to please Bell vs say Powell who averaged almost 4ypc behind the same line because he hit holes faster. 

Bell’s 245 carries at 3.9ypc would have given him 955 yards. Which likely meant more carries and more yards and moving the chains more. 

If Powell could do it so could Bell.

11 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Couldn't agree more: Great coaches (Offense or defense) coach players, not schemes! 

There are exceptions, Shanahan for example seems married to certain philosophies/schemes and asks his personnel to fall in line with specified roles. Gase has now been a HC for four season, his best offensive finish was in 2016 when the Dolphins finished 24th in the league. Hope I'm wrong, but by all accounts he isn't Shanahan, how much time does he get before we can all agree on that? 

So Shanahan can ask his personnel to fall in line but Gase(because some don’t like him) can’t ask the same? 

This mentality is not team oriented. You guys are basically against winning.