2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

Over the last 8 weeks we had the #11 passing offense in terms of yards. 

3 games with over 100 yards on the ground at WAS, vs MIA and at BAL. 

Washington Powel went 6 a carry, Bell 3.3. That was our best. Vs Miami 26 didn’t play but we went for 112 on the ground which would be 15th in the league if we were getting that type of consistency every game. 33 yards or so above our average in the game he sits. 

One game sample size but the point remains. The one thing we knew is that the ball had to come out quick in the passing game and that Backs had to hit holes fast in the run game. 

But that’s if we wanted to win anyway. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So Shanahan can ask his personnel to fall in line but Gase(because some don’t like him) can’t ask the same? 

This mentality is not team oriented. You guys are basically against winning.

Lol c’mon, this has nothing to do with some simply not liking Gase and you know that. 

Shanahan just went 13-3 in his third season as a HC, his worst offensive finish over the past three seasons was 16th with Nick Mullins at QB. Before that, under Shanahan, the Falcons had the #2 and #7 ranked offenses respectively. It doesn’t take a detective to spot the differences here - In other words, Shanahan has earned the right to ask his players to fall in line. Need I continue? 

Gase has now had four season as a HC to ask his players to fall in line and it hasn’t worked. I get why we’re bringing him back, it’s the right decision, but that doesn’t mean I think he’s a good HC and my opinion of him as a HC isn’t because I don’t like the guy. For all our sake, I hope your right though. 

Edited by NJC33

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Over the last 8 weeks we had the #11 passing offense in terms of yards. 

3 games with over 100 yards on the ground at WAS, vs MIA and at BAL. 

Washington Powel went 6 a carry, Bell 3.3. That was our best. Vs Miami 26 didn’t play but we went for 112 on the ground which would be 15th in the league if we were getting that type of consistency every game. 33 yards or so above our average in the game he sits. 

One game sample size but the point remains. The one thing we knew is that the ball had to come out quick in the passing game and that Backs had to hit holes fast in the run game. 

But that’s if we wanted to win anyway. 

Powell would’ve put up just as good if not better numbers in Gases system, still, using a one game sample size against one of the worst defenses is misleading. 

Issue here, for me, was how Gase refused to go outside of his system to accommodate a player of Bells caliber. Not even necessarily in the running game, but his refusal and lack of creativity in using Bell as a pass catcher was mind boggling. 

• Like 1

I'll say this and there's really no way to put it except pretty bluntly. Gase hasn't earned the respect to go get "his" guys or for highly talented players to adjust to his scheme. These things can be done when the coach has earned respect. Gase for me hasn't even came close to that. He as a HC is 30-35. And never won a playoff game. He certainly doesn't have my respect and I highly doubt has very many of our players respect.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll say this and there's really no way to put it except pretty bluntly. Gase hasn't earned the respect to go get "his" guys or for highly talented players to adjust to his scheme. These things can be done when the coach has earned respect. Gase for me hasn't even came close to that. He as a HC is 30-35. And never won a playoff game. He certainly doesn't have my respect and I highly doubt has very many of our players respect.

Well put, my feelings exactly.

When you have 65 games of head coaching experience and nothing seems to have changed, patients run thin.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't think we will know much about Gase, till next seasons. He sure hasn't shown  this season he is any kind of great offensive coach. Last year when you were pushing for D K Medcalf in the draft, sure looks  like you were right about him. He is goiing to be a superstar in the NFL. He runs 4.33 forty which is super fast, great size 6'4 229 lbs and has great hands. And Tenn Titans got him in the second round

Just now, doumeyer said:

I don't think we will know much about Gase, till next seasons. He sure hasn't shown  this season he is any kind of great offensive coach. Last year when you were pushing for D K Medcalf in the draft, sure looks  like you were right about him. He is goiing to be a superstar in the NFL. He runs 4.33 forty which is super fast, great size 6'4 229 lbs and has great hands. And Tenn Titans got him in the second round

1 year into his career is too early to tell all of you told you so. But to do what he did in an offense that doesn't really sling it around and as technically not a priority target for Wilson shows just how good he is and I knew he was.

We didn't execute FA the way I liked for me to be ok with taking DK at 3 (which I said all along). I really wanted Josh Allen the way the draft fell and he had a year of 44 tackles, 11 TFL and 10.5 sacks all not as a fulltime starter really. That hands down should have been the pick. This franchise goes WAY back to how bad we've messed up in the draft. We haven't had 2nd rounders bc we traded up for Darnold. No one talks about the year before that though that we went Jamal Adams in the draft bc he was BPA when we had no QB when Watson and Mahomes were still no the board. Imagine if we draft 1 of them and still have those 2nd rounders?

29 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

Ngakoue dropping a few hints he won't resign with Jax. If they don't tag him do you break the bank for him? 

They don't have the best cap situation somehow. So him getting tagged is a for sure. I would still bet he does get tagged... but its not a given by any means.

5 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Powell would’ve put up just as good if not better numbers in Gases system, still, using a one game sample size against one of the worst defenses is misleading. 

Issue here, for me, was how Gase refused to go outside of his system to accommodate a player of Bells caliber. Not even necessarily in the running game, but his refusal and lack of creativity in using Bell as a pass catcher was mind boggling. 

He needed to use him for blitz pick ups and pass pro. Trust me I’m not happy with it either but from the overall aspect of what the team needed it had to be done. It’s like with Adams, he was forced to play a lot of coverage early on in the year and not his transitional robber role and it hurt us especially in the Jacksonville game where he basically costed us 3 scores. 

Gase had a year to see what worked/didn’t. Let’s see what adjustments are made but the key will be building up the Line which should free Bell up more in both the run and pass game.

5 hours ago, NJC33 said:

Lol c’mon, this has nothing to do with some simply not liking Gase and you know that. 

Shanahan just went 13-3 in his third season as a HC, his worst offensive finish over the past three seasons was 16th with Nick Mullins at QB. Before that, under Shanahan, the Falcons had the #2 and #7 ranked offenses respectively. It doesn’t take a detective to spot the differences here - In other words, Shanahan has earned the right to ask his players to fall in line. Need I continue? 

Gase has now had four season as a HC to ask his players to fall in line and it hasn’t worked. I get why we’re bringing him back, it’s the right decision, but that doesn’t mean I think he’s a good HC and my opinion of him as a HC isn’t because I don’t like the guy. For all our sake, I hope your right though. 

It’s very personal with him tho, he got called a bad people person and we don’t even know him lol. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I'll say this and there's really no way to put it except pretty bluntly. Gase hasn't earned the respect to go get "his" guys or for highly talented players to adjust to his scheme. These things can be done when the coach has earned respect. Gase for me hasn't even came close to that. He as a HC is 30-35. And never won a playoff game. He certainly doesn't have my respect and I highly doubt has very many of our players respect.

He doesn’t need your nor my respect which is my point. As for getting guys to adapt it seems everyone did what they were told and only fans are frustrated because again, some/most/many just don’t like him. 

He went 7-6 with Darnold in the line up, you gotta think what could have happened with better luck health wise and how that may have helped the consistency on offense. Let’s hope we have better luck next season.