2019/2020 Offseason

Bobby816

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I like this kid. This highlight tape shows a lot of things. Drafted by Kansas City, the versatility is nice. Too many body catches tho however he gets the ball traffic. Will be a nice depth piece/special teams guy. 

I'm not a Berrios fan (I know he did ok in ST) so I do hope we can find a replacement there. The more bodies to compete the better. But Chesson has no business really being a top 4 WR for us.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not a Berrios fan (I know he did ok in ST) so I do hope we can find a replacement there. The more bodies to compete the better. But Chesson has no business really being a top 4 WR for us.

Not at all but we know we would use the depth. I’m thinking we carry 7 WR next year. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I used to feel this way, but I don't see him going anywhere. 2nd in the NFL in PR average (11.43), had no negative yardage plays, and no muffs. Not many big plays, but consistently did well. Jets will do their best to develop him on offense, but I think they'll feel his value on special teams is too high to move on from

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I used to feel this way, but I don't see him going anywhere. 2nd in the NFL in PR average (11.43), had no negative yardage plays, and no muffs. Not many big plays, but consistently did well. Jets will do their best to develop him on offense, but I think they'll feel his value on special teams is too high to move on from

I mean he had 6 catches for 116yds in 16 games. There's nowhere to go but up. I just think that's a spot that can for sure be upgraded (meaning a 4th/5th WR). I don't think he was so good that he's worth taking a roster spot for a guy that can actually help us at WR. Now if we want to keep him purely as a returner and not play him much at WR and upgraded still at WR... I can be talked into that. But to be relied on in any type of WR role… I would rather us look in another direction.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean he had 6 catches for 116yds in 16 games. There's nowhere to go but up. I just think that's a spot that can for sure be upgraded (meaning a 4th/5th WR). I don't think he was so good that he's worth taking a roster spot for a guy that can actually help us at WR. Now if we want to keep him purely as a returner and not play him much at WR and upgraded still at WR... I can be talked into that. But to be relied on in any type of WR role… I would rather us look in another direction.

Take my word for it, the Jets would rather keep 6-7 receivers on the roster than cut Berrios. It ain't happening. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

Take my word for it, the Jets would rather keep 6-7 receivers on the roster than cut Berrios. It ain't happening. 

And he as a 6th guy is fine for me. But shouldn't get WR reps in this offense unless injuries big time occur. Like I stated.. keep him as a returner and I'm fine with that. But to look at him as a legit receiving option would be awful.

On 1/7/2020 at 1:14 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

He needed to use him for blitz pick ups and pass pro. Trust me I’m not happy with it either but from the overall aspect of what the team needed it had to be done. It’s like with Adams, he was forced to play a lot of coverage early on in the year and not his transitional robber role and it hurt us especially in the Jacksonville game where he basically costed us 3 scores. 

Gase had a year to see what worked/didn’t. Let’s see what adjustments are made but the key will be building up the Line which should free Bell up more in both the run and pass game.

Powell isnt capable of being the lone set back? Split bell in the slot hes one of our best receivers and make the defense choose to cover him or Jamison. 

Jag footballsforum users shouldnt be coming up with first grade ways to use our best player when our coach canr figure it out. Its absurd. 

2 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Powell isnt capable of being the lone set back? Split bell in the slot hes one of our best receivers and make the defense choose to cover him or Jamison. 

Jag footballsforum users shouldnt be coming up with first grade ways to use our best player when our coach canr figure it out. Its absurd. 

If you split Bell out Wide then Crowder becomes obsolete unless you go spread but then we lose our TE option which is important for the OL and Sam. 

Ultimately sacrifice needed to be made. 

No had an issue with GW using Adams as a Cover 2 Safety rather than letting him play Robber because of Corners we’re playing like garbage. 

Bell isn’t bigger than the team. 

On 1/11/2020 at 1:12 AM, KingOfTheDot said:

If you split Bell out Wide then Crowder becomes obsolete unless you go spread but then we lose our TE option which is important for the OL and Sam. 

Ultimately sacrifice needed to be made. 

No had an issue with GW using Adams as a Cover 2 Safety rather than letting him play Robber because of Corners we’re playing like garbage. 

Bell isn’t bigger than the team. 

We ran four wide. Crowder and bell in the slot and dare the defense to put a safety or linebacker on either. A quick slant gets either in space and doesnt compromise the line. 

Any formation you do will create glaring weaknesses. Gase played it conservative with some of our weapons, outside of Crowder who was regularly featured. 

Edited by Colt45fool

9 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

We ran four wide. Crowder and bell in the slot and dare the defense to put a safety or linebacker on either. A quick slant gets either in space and doesnt compromise the line. 

Any formation you do will create glaring weaknesses. Gase played it conservative with some of our weapons, outside of Crowder who was regularly featured. 

How often would you go spread with pass protection issues? You either need to get the ball out fast or have great pass protection.

Could have used Bell more effectively in the pass game? Yes but it’s not as simple run spread.