Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Robby Anderson to the Carolina Panthers on a 2 year, $20 million deal. 

I would expect the Jets to sign Breshad Perriman rather quickly. Could also be in the trade market, but not sure whose available

Good call on Perriman.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They've largely been right when they've been the first to report from what I've seen while following them.

Absolutely not. That account reads rumors or reports online and then shoot out their tweets. Not a legit news breaker. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Absolutely not. That account reads rumors or reports online and then shoot out their tweets. Not a legit news breaker. 

They've been pretty spot on regarding who teams are targeting. Guess I'm not following all the right people.

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Anyone have any insight on why Demarcus Robinson hasn’t signed yet?

Because the free agent receiver market sucks, to be quite honest. It's completely cratered. The weakness of the free agent class paired with the strength of the draft class really did some damage to it. And there were quite a few guys comparable to Robinson who were available . Now that Benjamin, Perriman, Anderson are all off the board, I would suspect that he lines up a one year deal somewhere soon though. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They've been pretty spot on regarding who teams are targeting. Guess I'm not following all the right people.

All they do is twitter search teams or players and then say such and such is interested in…. You get the point. This account said the Niners and Browns had conversations regarding Joe Staley and then said they had talks regarding OBJ. Well, Glazer came out and said the team has no plans on trading for OBJ and they want to increase their draft capital, not lose at. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All they do is twitter search teams or players and then say such and such is interested in…. You get the point. This account said the Niners and Browns had conversations regarding Joe Staley and then said they had talks regarding OBJ. Well, Glazer came out and said the team has no plans on trading for OBJ and they want to increase their draft capital, not lose at. 

Been money on things I've followed ( mostly Jaguars related) oddly enough. First to mention Eifert interest that I saw, as well as us talking with Chris Thompson and Eric Reid (which we are/have).

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Because the free agent receiver market sucks, to be quite honest. It's completely cratered. The weakness of the free agent class paired with the strength of the draft class really did some damage to it. And there were quite a few guys comparable to Robinson who were available . Now that Benjamin, Perriman, Anderson are all off the board, I would suspect that he lines up a one year deal somewhere soon though. 

I fully agree. I just thought he’d get signed before some other guys like Dorsett, Perriman, etc. 

43 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Hearing Bengals are the leading candidate to trade for Trent Williams too. That would put the Bengals back into at least playoff contention status on paper (see Browns 2019)

With a rookie QB? Burrow is talented, but that seems like a stretch.