Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

All in for one more year and then do the extension/retool?

We have plenty of cap space next year to re-sign Mahomes, Jones and some other role players. This year will mostly be the same core players minus Fuller and Wisniewski. Breeland is still a FA so I wonder if he's waiting for us to clear some space to re-sign here. This can be done with a Watkins extension/release, Jones extension/trade, or a number of other moves.

Just now, .Buzz said:

"whatever the best offer ends up being"

I didn’t say that, but if that happens to be Barnett and a mid-2, then that is fair I think. Ramsey is on a completely different plateau as far as value and perception around the league. Or was at the time.

12 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I didn’t say that, but if that happens to be Barnett and a mid-2, then that is fair I think. Ramsey is on a completely different plateau as far as value and perception around the league. Or was at the time.

Again, I'm not comparing Ramsey and Yan as far as value.

Personally, I'd rather have a young pass rusher who's one of the best pure pass rushers rather than a CB, but that's just me.

The main point is just because he's disgruntled doesn't mean his value all the sudden isn't there/the Jaguars just do whatever. You keep taking out most of my post when responding, but they're not going to take whatever is best if it doesn't hit their threshold of what they want. I'm fairly certain in that based on the way this regime is. 

Ramsey wasn't getting traded either, we just happened to get a kings ransoms offered and couldn't say no. We reportedly weren't interested in trading Foles, but the Bears came in and offered what we were looking for.

A non premium pick isn't moving the needle for this team. They'd sit on him and play it out before taking a non-fair trade. I personally don't see Barnett and a 2nd as fair, we'll see if they do (not that I think that's even what is being offered/the Jaguars are looking for a player included).

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Again, I'm not comparing Ramsey and Yan as far as value.

I know, but you compared their situations as it relates to their value. What is the Jaguars threshold of what they want and willing to accept. That is the debate. I think it is less than you do, it seems. To me, a late first round pick from a desperate contending team may happen, but I feel is unlikely.

As far as Foles being traded goes, a move was inevitable given the way he was hurt and benched in 2019 for Minshew. There was no way Foles was sitting on the bench in 2020 in Jacksonville. The Ramsey situation last year is a huge reason why his value was what it was from the Rams who toss away assets like candy.

I don’t think the Eagles are offering @Danger’s proposed trade. I do however think that it is fair value for Yannick, which is where we disagree.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I know, but you compared their situations as it relates to their value. What is the Jaguars threshold of what they want and willing to accept. That is the debate. I think it is less than you do, it seems. To me, a late first round pick from a desperate contending team may happen, but I feel is unlikely.

As far as Foles being traded goes, a move was inevitable given the way he was hurt and benched in 2019 for Minshew. There was no way Foles was sitting on the bench in 2020 in Jacksonville. The Ramsey situation last year is a huge reason why his value was what it was from the Rams who toss away assets like candy.

I don’t think the Eagles are offering @Danger’s proposed trade. I do however think that it is fair value for Yannick, which is where we disagree.

Every reporter that's reported on this situation has said it's going to be in the Frank Clark range/require a 1st to be involved. No one has said a 2nd/mid round pick is getting it done. So idk why at this point we'd think a 2nd is getting it done. If it would, this trade would likely be done already.

If Foles was clearly gone and the Jags were in no way keeping him, why did it cost the Bears a 4th round pick?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Every reporter that's reported on this situation has said it's going to be in the Frank Clark range/require a 1st to be involved. No one has said a 2nd/mid round pick is getting it done.

If Foles was clearly gone and the Jags were in no way keeping him, why did it cost the Bears a 4th round pick?

A 2nd and player/replacement the caliber of Barnett seems equivalent to me of what a late first would be for Yannick, compared to the Clark trade.

Foles in my mind was clearly gone. It costs something to trade for anything, and in Chicago’s case they have their own situation. The Bears are built to win now, yet felt Trubisky wasn’t the answer. Add in familiarity with Foles and the relative bargain his value is at after 2019 and the trade seems perfectly ideal for both sides. A lot of people speculated on a Foles to Chicago trade before it ever happened.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

A 2nd and player/replacement the caliber of Barnett seems equivalent to me of what a late first would be for Yannick, compared to the Clark trade.

Foles in my mind was clearly gone. It costs something to trade for anything, and in Chicago’s case they have their own situation. The Bears are built to win now, yet felt Trubisky wasn’t the answer. Add in familiarity with Foles and the relative bargain his value is at after 2019 and the trade seems perfectly ideal for both sides. A lot of people speculated on a Foles to Chicago trade before it ever happened.

Fair enough. We'll see what happens. Just don't see Barnett even being a guy the Jaguars want. Think they're going to be just wanting draft capital and they want that 1st in any deal, not multiple assets potentially adding up in value to a 1st.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Fair enough. We'll see what happens. Just don't see Barnett even being a guy the Jaguars want. Think they're going to be just wanting draft capital and they want that 1st in any deal, not multiple assets maybe signaling a 1st.

I agree they probably want draft capital, not an equivalent. However, given the situation I see a compromise on an equivalent increasingly likely. For the Jags sake, I hope the fans get what they want. Eagles fans though?

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I was never suggesting he was.

Ok.

Ultimately, in my opinion, I still believe Yan is a vastly superior option to those you mentioned. If you need a pass rusher, trading for a proven commodity who has been among the best makes sense if you're in the market over drafting YGM or Chaisson. Especially considering the teams who sound like they're interested are in win now mode.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

They do have an inordinate number of unhappy players.  Even compared to other perennial basement teams.

Yeah and they insist on retaining unhappy players as long as they can to squeeze every asset they can out of them, even in the case of Yan where the dude should be a free agent.