Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

They do have an inordinate number of unhappy players.  Even compared to other perennial basement teams.

When you fine players illegally/don't negotiate in good faith with a player this was a matter of time.

Hopefully it's cleared up with Coughlin being gone. So far, so good as far as FA is concerned with landing guys at relatively fair prices.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah and they insist on retaining unhappy players as long as they can to squeeze every asset they can out of them, even in the case of Yan where the dude should be a free agent.

Yep, they should definitely let players run the organization.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

When you fine players illegally/don't negotiate in good faith with a player this was a matter of time.

Hopefully it's cleared up with Coughlin being gone. So far, so good as far as FA is concerned with landing guys at relatively fair prices.

Yeah, I could see that being a problem.  That's too bad.  I don't hate the Jags.  I want them to lose to the Titans twice a season, but I don't hate them.  My AFCS hatred is all reserved for the Colts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I could see that being a problem.  That's too bad.  I don't hate the Jags.  I want them to lose to the Titans twice a season, but I don't hate them.  My AFCS hatred is all reserved for the Colts.

Gotta say, you're a rare breed. Seems like the Jags/Titans have a bigger rivalry than any other two teams in the division. Which is odd since it's been largely rough (more so for us) for the past two decades almost.

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, you're a rare breed. Seems like the Jags/Titans have a bigger rivalry than any other two teams in the division. 

Texans/Titans goes beyond actual games played. The entire city of Houston cannot stand anything that Bud Adams created.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, you're a rare breed. Seems like the Jags/Titans have a bigger rivalry than any other two teams in the division. Which is odd since it's been largely rough (more so for us) for the past two decades almost.

There are rivalries and then there are rivalries.  I pay more attention to the Jags than most other teams because we play them twice a year, and there's some history there.  Same with the Texans (though I think there's a lot more hatred towards the Titans from the Texans fans because of the move), but the Colts.  They can eat **** and die.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

tbh though i feel like that exists more on this website than it does in real life lol. and some of it is just because both our teams spent a lot of time in the cellar over the past decade so it's not like there were any sustained rivalries going with the other two teams

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

tbh though i feel like that exists more on this website than it does in real life lol. and some of it is just because both our teams spent a lot of time in the cellar over the past decade so it's not like there were any sustained rivalries going with the other two teams

Social media seems quite rampant with it too but you may be right.

44 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah and they insist on retaining unhappy players as long as they can to squeeze every asset they can out of them, even in the case of Yan where the dude should be a free agent.

Lol. You really think the Jags were gonna let him walk without receiving any compensation in return? Even the Jags aren’t that dumb. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Lions supposedly interested in trading for Yannick. Obviously wont be for pick #3 but I thought it was interesting to hear. I personally dont think he is worth trh 18-20 mil a year contract but I wouldnt hate him on the Lions. Probably depends if we could get more picks on draft day.

l

Edited by BZski

1 minute ago, BZski said:

Lions supposedly interested in trading for Yannick. Obviously wont be for pick #3 but I thought it was interesting to hear. I personally dont think he is worth trh 18-20 mil a year contract but I wouldnt hate him on the Lions. 

Where'd you see that?

Ultimately I would've been fine with the Jaguars paying him 20-21M personally. As I said, top 5 in pressures since 2016 among all who qualify. He's been elite in that area. Those guys get paid.

37 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Where'd you see that?

Ultimately I would've been fine with the Jaguars paying him 20-21M personally. As I said, top 5 in pressures since 2016 among all who qualify. He's been elite in that area. Those guys get paid.

Source is edited above.

As far as compensation I could see maybe the following trade:

Jags get #3 and Jarrad Davis. Lets Jags get Tua

Lions get Yannick, #9, and #42

Edited by BZski