Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, BZski said:

I dont see it that way. Its better than letting him walk for nothing.

Again, he should be a free agent. Not only are they not letting him walk for nothing, they're holding him hostage, screwing him over because they're insistent on getting as much out of him as they can squeeze out of him without concern for his wants or needs at all. It's things like these that give your organization a bad wrap. You treat the players badly.

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

Again, he should be a free agent. Not only are they not letting him walk for nothing, they're holding him hostage, screwing him over because they're insistent on getting as much out of him as they can squeeze out of him without concern for his wants or needs at all. It's things like these that give your organization a bad wrap. You treat the players badly.

This isn't an organization treating a player badly, nor is that why they had a bad rap the past couple years. What is KC doing with Chris Jones right now (who they're obviously not going to end up paying due to cap reasons)? What did Seattle do with Clark, or KC with Ford as well?

Just because Yan also wants out because of past bad blood regarding contract talks doesn't mean you just let a valuable asset go when it's obvious (based on just last year) you can get value out of it.

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This isn't an organization treating a player badly, nor is that why they had a bad rap the past couple years. What is KC doing with Chris Jones right now (who they're obviously not going to end up paying due to cap reasons)? What did Seattle do with Clark, or KC with Ford as well?

Just because Yan also wants out because of past bad blood regarding contract talks doesn't mean you just let a valuable asset go when it's obvious (based on just last year) you can get value out of it.

Chris Jones hasn't openly said he doesn't want to be in KC.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

Chris Jones hasn't openly said he doesn't want to be in KC.

So you think he's happy being tagged right now and not on the open market getting set for life with a long term deal?

Not all players who may be upset/frustrated take to social media or actively do what Yan is doing. 

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don’t think you’re getting a 1 for him. I can’t even see a 2 right now. 

Why do you think that? Buckner went for a first and while he's the better all around player, Yannic Ngakoue is a young edge pass rusher that will get you around double digits every single season. The Jags absolutely can get a 2nd for him, and shouldn't settle for anything less. I mean they should be gunning for a first rounder but if not, definitely a second rounder. 

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The Chiefs have the cap space to extend Jones. We just don't have it this year to pay more than the tag figure.

13 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The Chiefs have the cap space to extend Jones. We just don't have it this year to pay more than the tag figure.

Fair, but regardless. You think he's happy playing on the tag when in football one injury can send someone spiraling?

If you disagree with the tag entirely that's one thing, but there's literally nothing wrong with what the Jaguars are doing. As long as the team had cap space, I'm pretty sure any team would do the same.

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why do you think that? Buckner went for a first and while he's the better all around player, Yannic Ngakoue is a young edge pass rusher that will get you around double digits every single season. The Jags absolutely can get a 2nd for him, and shouldn't settle for anything less. I mean they should be gunning for a first rounder but if not, definitely a second rounder. 

I think they get a 2nd. Maybe a late first from a playoff team looking for a player to put them over the top.

5 hours ago, .Buzz said:

*player wants to leave*

*team doesn’t let him walk for free*

”your organization is scum”

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Titans defense would be frightening.

Yeah, but we'd be in cap hell, even with that figure.  Or, we'd be waiting in the wings without signing other impact guys and risk just not having that on our roster.

They signed two front seven players in the last day, so I imagine they're effectively out.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, but we'd be in cap hell, even with that figure.  Or, we'd be waiting in the wings without signing other impact guys and risk just not having that on our roster.

They signed two front seven players in the last day, so I imagine they're effectively out.

2 depth guys that cost like 2 mil against the cap isn’t taking us out of the race for Clowney