Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

15 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If they wanted a 3rd they’d just let him walk and take the comp pick in 2021. They have to want at least 1 first rounder 

I don't see this necessarily being the case. Assets now are more valuable than assets later. Clowney only netted the Texans a 3rd rounder and some scraps despite the fact they could've easily gotten a 3rd round comp pick the following year. 

Of course the Jags "want" more, just as I'm sure the Texans wanted more, but that doesn't mean the market will meet their demands. In fact, the longer Yannick remains on the Jags, the more confident I am that he won't be fetching them some king's ransom. 

With that said, I'd expect the return to be a late 2nd round pick to a playoff team considering his contract demands. 

13 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't see this necessarily being the case. Assets now are more valuable than assets later. Clowney only netted the Texans a 3rd rounder and some scraps despite the fact they could've easily gotten a 3rd round comp pick the following year. 

Of course the Jags "want" more, just as I'm sure the Texans wanted more, but that doesn't mean the market will meet their demands. In fact, the longer Yannick remains on the Jags, the more confident I am that he won't be fetching them some king's ransom. 

With that said, I'd expect the return to be a late 2nd round pick to a playoff team considering his contract demands. 

Frank Clark wasn't traded until right before the draft last year.

It's April 1st, teams can't host players due to the corona which puts things in an even more odd situation. 

I'm not sure why people are shocked he hasn't been moved/think they're running out of time. I'm sure multiple teams in on Clowney are also in on Yan. That's also a holdup.

Gotta say, Yan is being underrated severely. I have to assume JAX/small market has something to do with it but...

Last year he played on a bum hamstring for the first 5-6 weeks and looked like vintage Yan as the season went on.

The "they'll be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd" talk is kind of wild to me.

Yan isn't playing another down for the Jaguars. I'm confident in saying that. I have no reason to pump him up here as what I say on a sports forum isn't going to impact a return.

In the end, he's a tremendous edge rusher and whoever gets him and pays him (should be $20M+) is going to be happy and get a consistently high end edge rusher. Wish the Jaguars were the team giving it to him but alas...

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, Yan is being underrated severely. I have to assume JAX/small market has something to do with it but...

Last year he played on a bum hamstring for the first 5-6 weeks and looked like vintage Yan as the season went on.

The "they'll be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd" talk is kind of wild to me.

Yan isn't playing another down for the Jaguars. I'm confident in saying that. I have no reason to pump him up here as what I say on a sports forum isn't going to impact a return.

In the end, he's a tremendous edge rusher and whoever gets him and pays him (should be $20M+) is going to be happy and get a consistently high end edge rusher. Wish the Jaguars were the team giving it to him but alas...

It's hard to tank for Trevor Lawrence if you keep elite players around.

33 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

It's hard to tank for Trevor Lawrence if you keep elite players around.

If Minshew is solid/good next year, we'll win 7+ games.

If we won 6 games last year, I don't think that increases unless Minshew takes a step forward which would in turn take us out of the QB market.

26 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

That’s up to how much his contract is worth not the cap hit. For example Beasley’s contract with us is worth up to 12m but only counts 9.5m against the cap

I always keep forgetting to factor that in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Yan tweeted this whole situation definitely is due to the contract dispute.

Can't wait until the Jags completely give him whatever contract he wants (I assume somewhere around that 20 million mark), and Yan gets up and is like, "it's good to get this done so that I can play where I have always wanted to be"....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Can't wait until the Jags completely give him whatever contract he wants (I assume somewhere around that 20 million mark), and Yan gets up and is like, "it's good to get this done so that I can play where I have always wanted to be"....

I wish, but it's not happening...

5ae0a85ad92902a7ef73be3bfa1b5523.gif

On 3/31/2020 at 12:51 AM, Kirill said:

And this is before extending Mahomes for 50M/yr. Some people are gonna have to go. Thats why we should trade Chris Jones now for a late first. Clark makes too much money. We can't afford to keep Jones longterm.

Hope we can trade Sammy too honestly 

• Like 1