Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I don't see this necessarily being the case. Assets now are more valuable than assets later. Clowney only netted the Texans a 3rd rounder and some scraps despite the fact they could've easily gotten a 3rd round comp pick the following year.

Yeah, and they also had to eat like 7m from clowneys salary to make that trade happen. At the time I called it the worst trade I have ever seen (can prove it lol). It's now the second worst trade I have ever seen.

The point is, don't use anything BOB has done as a reference/reason for someone else to do something

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Hope we can trade Sammy too honestly 

Yup. Don't see any way we keep him after this year either. We should've cut him at the start of FA. Then see what comp picks we get from him, Fuller, and Wisnewski.

Don't see anyone Trading for Watkins because they know he will eventually be cut. He's basically in the same boat that Cam Newton was. Writing is on the wall in great big Graffiti letters!

I understand why KC is continuing to try,  but it's not happening!

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 hours ago, Kirill said:

Yup. Don't see any way we keep him after this year either. We should've cut him at the start of FA. Then see what comp picks we get from him, Fuller, and Wisnewski.

Lol, You don't get compensatory picks for cutting someone...

22 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Gotta say, Yan is being underrated severely. I have to assume JAX/small market has something to do with it but...

Last year he played on a bum hamstring for the first 5-6 weeks and looked like vintage Yan as the season went on.

The "they'll be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd" talk is kind of wild to me.

Yan isn't playing another down for the Jaguars. I'm confident in saying that. I have no reason to pump him up here as what I say on a sports forum isn't going to impact a return.

In the end, he's a tremendous edge rusher and whoever gets him and pays him (should be $20M+) is going to be happy and get a consistently high end edge rusher. Wish the Jaguars were the team giving it to him but alas...

Aaron Donald Is unreal. And he’s getting doubled and Tripled  wow. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I’m hoping Yannick stays. Sucks finding gems like those guys and Ramsey and not keeping  them. Home grown talent is where it’s at. It’s how you build a good team. 

Yeah, think the ship has sailed. Ever since we did him wrong in July/August the deed was done imo. 

Gotta imagine we learn from that mistake and take care of our guys next time (Chark, Allen, etc. coming up).

16 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11966651

I like Yan as a player, but his crying and attention seeking tweets are so annoying I can only IMAGINE how Jag fans feel.

I bet it is NOT the Eagles. Doesn't sound like something Howie would do, especially for a 1st. Granted, Slay had his fair share of tweets saying he wants out, but it is not even close to as bad as Yan's tweets.

2 minutes ago, DeJack_10 said:

I like Yan as a player, but his crying and attention seeking tweets are so annoying I can only IMAGINE how Jag fans feel.

I bet it is NOT the Eagles. Doesn't sound like something Howie would do, especially for a 1st. Granted, Slay had his fair share of tweets saying he wants out, but it is not even close to as bad as Yan's tweets.

Yeah, think he's just trying to force their hand like what Jalen did (although the offer came in to help quicken the process). Ultimately it's just going to come down to that. If it doesn't I expect the tweets to be coming for a good long while...

Just now, minutemancl said:

Jordan Raanan is notoriously out of the loop, FWIW.

It's been reported we've been open to calls for a bit now, just have yet to get formal offers.

Good to know though, was just nice to see someone from outside JAX report on it.