Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yan has been the focal pass rusher on the team pretty much since day 1. Did you see his pressures since he entered the league and the level of players he stacks up against that I posted? That's not just by being with good players along the DL.

I doubt it was since "day 1" especially since he was a 3rd rd pick. My point was he was never the best DL on even his own team (Campbell).

9 minutes ago, BZski said:

I doubt it was since "day 1" especially since he was a 3rd rd pick. My point was he was never the best DL on even his own team (Campbell).

Since 2016 he's top 5 in the NFL in pressures. He was a rookie in 2016...

Campbell was better in 2017 when he had a DPOY level season, that was it. Even then Ngakoue has been the main pass rusher on this defense. Campbell was just a stud all around player that anchored the D.

Jacksonville Jaguars pass rusher Yannick Ngakoue has been crystal clear: He wants to play elsewhere starting in 2020. But with two weeks until the NFL draft, it remains to be seen whether the team is even close to granting his not-so-subtle requests. CBS Sports' Pete Prisco said recently that Jaguars owner Shad Khan does not want to trade Ngakoue, and ESPN's Adam Schefter echoed that notion on Wednesday during an appearance on 97.5 The Fanatic.

"There will be people in the organization, like the owner, who will not want to move him," Schefter said, "which means that they'll be firmer in their price. But if they don't trade him, they've got a mess on their hands."

Ngakoue, of course, has been vocal in both video interviews and on social media ever since the Jags exercised their 2020 franchise tag on the 25-year-old defensive end, stating that he no longer intends to negotiate a long-term deal in Jacksonville and is convinced his "time is up" with the Jags.

"I still think the team (will) have to move him during the draft -- the week of the draft, during the draft," Schefter added. "These are usually deals that are made, often, while teams are on the clock."

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora suggested recently that Ngakoue could easily net the long-term money he seeks -- something like $18 million per season -- outside of Jacksonville, so long as the Jaguars were "willing to make a smart football trade and just unload him for a late (second-round pick) and a three from a good team." Prisco, however, believes Khan and Co. would not sign off on that kind of compensation, with Schefter adding Wednesday that Jacksonville is looking for "a first-rounder, maybe then some."

NFL Network reported in late March that the Jags had begun fielding interest from other teams for a possible Ngakoue trade. As far as potential destinations, La Canfora reiterated this week that the Philadelphia Eagles are interested in the Pro Bowler, "but it'd have to be at their price." Schefter, meanwhile, said Wednesday he wouldn't classify the Eagles as the favorite among likely suitors -- a contingent that he speculated would include the Cleveland Browns, Las Vegas Raiders, New York Giants and Seattle Seahawks.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I think there’s zero chance Yannick will be a Brown. He’d cost draft picks and $$$. We’d be better off with Vernon or Clowney.

While I don’t think we will pursue him, I would love to have Ngakoue. Depending on the price. Maybe both 3rd round picks being the ceiling. Given the fact that Jacksonville would never trade him for that, it ain’t happening. 

But I would love to find another edge rusher opposite Myles for the next 6+ years. I’d be all in on Ngakoue if er didn’t have to give up too much. 

To me if we due acquire him we make sure the draft pick after the fact.

possible draft

Thomast lt Georgia

2 wilson lb wyoming

Biacdyz center wisconsin

pride db notre dame plus him 

plus Yannick that defense would win 11 games. 

that would mean that you would have Yannick and Myles for the next 6 years plus a starting middle linebacker for on or about 45,000,000 million dollars.

Given the fact the draft next year is rich in lineman that is good year for us to trade that pick .

After a certain day in early May, free agent signings no longer count for the compensatory formula. Is there any chance that Clowney is actually building his value by not costing the team that signs him an offsetting pick? 

Seattle will probably be pissed if they lose out on a 3rd round pick that they thought was in the bank when they traded for him xD

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

After a certain day in early May, free agent signings no longer count for the compensatory formula. Is there any chance that Clowney is actually building his value by not costing the team that signs him an offsetting pick? 

Seattle will probably be pissed if they lose out on a 3rd round pick that they thought was in the bank when they traded for him xD

Well good then. It's not like they are making a honest offer to sign him. They are essentially low balling him knowing his options are limited. 

Very well could be a possibility. 

16 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Ya. Really hope it doesn't come that. 

The schadenfreude on this site is sickening xD

I am usually on the side of the players in most situations, but this is just trashy.  Especially what's going with everyone losing jobs, businesses, and so on, on a public forum via Twitter.  I don't care how "nice" it is intended.  Trash.

Edited by Zalixar
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

I am usually on the side of the players in most situations, but this is just trashy.  Especially what's going with everyone losing jobs, businesses, and so on, on a public forum via Twitter.  I don't care how "nice" it is intended.  Trash.

I wouldn’t put it out there on Twitter but I don’t think NFL owners are hurting all that bad for cash, lol.