Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Because Trent is a perennial pro-bowler.  Far from a guarantee any of these college OT prospects will be that for the next 3-4 years, or however long teams expect to have Trent starting for them.

Trent was a perennial pro bowler. Prior to him missing last year, he was trending down as a pass blocker 2 years in a row, and was just an average run blocker those final 2 seasons as well (And trending towards below average). His best days are behind him, and it's far from a guarantee he plays well this year at all, after missing an entire year. That didn't work out too well for Leveon. 

Trent should be worth a 3rd at his age to a contending team. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Because Trent is a perennial pro-bowler.  Far from a guarantee any of these college OT prospects will be that for the next 3-4 years, or however long teams expect to have Trent starting for them.

I think that he's definitely an appealing player, but there are so many questions about his age, his health, how good of "game shape" he will be in, the fact that before his tumor issue on his head last year he had a hard time playing a full season, that he wants a BIG contract in the $17-$20 million range, he's going to be 32, etc.

Throw in his completely fractured relationship with Washington and their FO/Ownership, and his price is WAY down. What he should be worth and what he actually is worth are two different things right now.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

What he should be worth and what he actually is worth are two different things right now.

Ive always thought the floor for a Williams trade was Cleveland's Comp pick (#97) but you're right, this has dragged on so long, and now that they took away the agent's dealing power, its all up in the air.

Would WAS rather have OJ Howard and 5th or 6th? Maybe a conditional pick in 2021? I dont know, but I know Id rather have a higher pick this year if I was Ron Rivera

25 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm so bored of the Trent Williams trade saga. Piss or get off the pot. If it doesn't get done tomorrow then we'd better just never hear about this ever again. 

How do you think the Skins forum feels? lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I think that he's definitely an appealing player, but there are so many questions about his age, his health, how good of "game shape" he will be in, the fact that before his tumor issue on his head last year he had a hard time playing a full season, that he wants a BIG contract in the $17-$20 million range, he's going to be 32, etc.

Throw in his completely fractured relationship with Washington and their FO/Ownership, and his price is WAY down. What he should be worth and what he actually is worth are two different things right now.

All true.  However, most "win now" franchises will likely take all of the above risks over the risk one of these prospects turn out to be Greg Robinson or Ereck Flowers.

That being said, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we get for a 2nd for him at this point, let alone a 1st.  Last year would have been a different story.  We would have gotten a 1st if Bruce wasn't the devil incarnate.

2 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

haha Best Tackle....Are we really going to believe this? You cannot tell me that this team Is building with all that Fa spending and collection of picks including a top 5 pick that has no qb on the team to get a Tackle? You are going to risk the opportunity on missing out on a qb for an OT. Does history tend to repeat themselves? I remember Parcells went all in on OT Long instead of Matt Ryan no way do they mess things up again. As awesome as this sounds I can not take this source seriously.

• Like 2

Can't wait to see Browns, Jet, Bucs and all these OT interested teams draft OT within the top 20 picks... And the only team remaining is Vikings, and they say "naw I'm okay" (or they even take OT). The best that is on the table from Minny is late compensatory 3rd or Vikings late 4th (right now).

The price is only going down right now, regardless what reports say.

Edited by CriminalMind

2 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I'm so bored of the Trent Williams trade saga. Piss or get off the pot. If it doesn't get done tomorrow then we'd better just never hear about this ever again. 

We heard about Chris Harris Jr. for like three years, and he’s nowhere near the player Trent Williams is. I’m not optimistic. 

• Like 1