Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Regarding?

I said Yan wasn't moving for less than a 1st. Caldwells quotes tonight just reinforces that.

Well I don't know what's been discussed since last time I was in this thread, but my most recent conversations with you were me taking the position that Jacksonville wouldn't move him before draft day for what they were reportedly asking for and you telling me I was wrong. 

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Well I don't know what's been discussed since last time I was in this thread, but my most recent conversations with you were me taking the position that Jacksonville wouldn't move him before draft day for what they were reportedly asking for and you telling me I was wrong. 

I'd love to get a link to that truthfully. I've stood by they're going to ask for a 1+ and until they get that they won't move him. Not sure I remember saying he's a lock to move.

I will say, I definitely thought they'd have zero trouble getting that, especially if you go back a couple months. Clark who had less production through his rookie contract got a. 1 and 2. But the market at edge fell off a cliff for some odd reason. Clowney is reportedly in talks at $13M this off-season. Much lower than what normal edge rushers get. He had his flaws but that's way lower than anyone could have expected. 

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I'd love to get a link to that truthfully. I've stood by they're going to ask for a 1+ and until they get that they won't move him. Not sure I remember saying he's a lock to move.

I will say, I definitely thought they'd have zero trouble getting that, especially if you go back a couple months. Clark who had less production through his rookie contract got a. 1 and 2. But the market at edge fell off a cliff for some odd reason. Clowney is reportedly in talks at $13M this off-season. Much lower than what normal edge rushers get. He had his flaws but that's way lower than anyone could have expected. 

Yan hasn't really helped himself or his value for a trade partner over the past few months either. Hard to predict that he would go on the twitter rants that he did. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Regarding?

I said Yan wasn't moving for less than a 1st. Caldwells quotes tonight just reinforces that.

They got to take what they can get for him. Your trying to tell me they are happy with having 18 mil locked up on Yan to sit out while you just drafted Chaisson. He isnt going to dress up so holding him hostage only hurts the organization at this point.  2022 they will get a 3-4th rd comp so you can land something now or better for that. Just move on from the headache and take what you can get cause the longer they wait the longer they get less in return just look at what the division rival got for clowney. Yan, Allen, and Chaisson all play RDE so its not like you can use all 3 on the field at the same time. 

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

They got to take what they can get for him. Your trying to tell me they are happy with having 18 mil locked up on Yan to sit out while you just drafted Chaisson. He isnt going to dress up so holding him hostage only hurts the organization at this point.  2022 they will get a 3-4th rd comp so you can land something now or better for that. Just move on from the headache and take what you can get cause the longer they wait the longer they get less in return just look at what the division rival got for clowney. Yan, Allen, and Chaisson all play RDE so its not like you can use all 3 on the field at the same time. 

I'd be shocked if Ngakoue is moved for what you're suggesting given what they've said.

That's all I'm posting about.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I'd be shocked if Ngakoue is moved for what you're suggesting given what they've said.

That's all I'm posting about.

I get it, just shocked they are being stubborn about it. As you see with the skins no one is winning in that fight with TW and texans/clowney both lost too. I know he doesnt want to be there and losing the talent sucks but if hes publicly commenting on the organization, refusing to sign and play for the team, just move on and be the bigger person. You landed a solid pass rusher to rotate with allen. Just take a few picks that can be trade ammo to move up and get a player that wants to be there and that can be an answer to another position plus that money can be used at a different position or roll it over to next season to be used on FA then.

Take a look at the Saints 2021 cap. They are already out of space before signing Winston and Hill to back loaded deals.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/cap/

That is not counting the 13.5 they get back if Brees retires  (36.150 if he plays and 22,650 if he retires)

Hill just got about 16 million more onto the caps for the next 2 years (or another contract with fake years on the end)

• It was 4.6 for 1 year now its 21 for 2

What are they going to pay Winston?

How about their draft picks?

Its really interesting looking at the numbers because no one has ever done this before on this scale.

Foles and Brady had 1 fake year of this after their deals ended with Philly and New England.

• New England has about 24 million in dead cap this year but some of that was the Antonio Brown mess and because of the Bennett trade.
    • Brady cost them 13.5 this year.
  • Foles was 2.8 dead cap for Philly in 2019.

The Saints 2022 cap may be even more strange at something like 125 million for 14 players.

Seems the Falcons and Skins are looking at Yannick now that the draft is over and im a little confused on why the Skins are i thought the just picked up some studs at DE lol.  Sweat, Kerringan, Orchard, and Young?   Although as for the Falcons this could be a big reason we didn't target a Pass Rushing DE or LB in the draft and took more of a DT in Marlon Davidson.    It would be nice if we could pull it off i like a line of   Yannik, Davison, Grady, and Fowler.  Then have Tyeler Davison, Takk Mckinnley,  Allen Bailey, John Comminsky, Deadrin Senat, and maybe 1 or 2 like Steven Means or Austin Larkin  for depth.