Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

Field Yates✔@FieldYates

Something to keep an eye on: any free agent signed after 4 PM EST today will not count towards the 2021 compensatory draft pick calculation. That could help create a market for the remaining unsigned players

Pretty sure we'll start to see movement finally on some of the bigger named FA and traded players in the coming days.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Redskins?

No clue my friend thats what it said and surprisingly with a little research the twitter account of that has some pretty descent accuracy in general.  I would atleast believe the teams it linked has talked to them at this point.  Can never have enough talented D-lineman though so can't say i would blame the Skins for doing it lol.

14 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

Seems the Falcons and Skins are looking at Yannick now that the draft is over and im a little confused on why the Skins are i thought the just picked up some studs at DE lol.  Sweat, Kerringan, Orchard, and Young?   Although as for the Falcons this could be a big reason we didn't target a Pass Rushing DE or LB in the draft and took more of a DT in Marlon Davidson.    It would be nice if we could pull it off i like a line of   Yannik, Davison, Grady, and Fowler.  Then have Tyeler Davison, Takk Mckinnley,  Allen Bailey, John Comminsky, Deadrin Senat, and maybe 1 or 2 like Steven Means or Austin Larkin  for depth. 

This is likely BS, unless it's a straight Sweat for Yannick swap.  @.Buzz, would you be down for that?  For the Redskins, I'm not sure the cost is worth the talent upgrade.  

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is likely BS, unless it's a straight Sweat for Yannick swap.  @.Buzz, would you be down for that?  For the Redskins, I'm not sure the cost is worth the talent upgrade.  

I really don't think they're going to be trying to swap players. We just drafted Chaisson who can fit the OLB role opposite Allen. Not that you can ever have too many rushers but...

I would say it's likely BS. Haven't heard anything like that. But you never know I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

I really don't think they're going to be trying to swap players. We just drafted Chaisson who can fit the OLB role opposite Allen. Not that you can ever have too many rushers but...

I would say it's likely BS. Haven't heard anything like that. But you never know I guess.

Yeah, if it's not a player swap, it's BS.  We've heard over and over from JDR how focused he is on just getting pressure with the front 4.  Trading for Yannick would leave him, Sweat or Young in coverage way too often.  Not to mention Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson.  

I think we could probably get him for a 2nd though if this was somehow real, given how bad most people expect our 2020 team to be.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, if it's not a player swap, it's BS.  We've heard over and over from JDR how focused he is on just getting pressure with the front 4.  Trading for Yannick would leave him, Sweat or Young in coverage way too often.  Not to mention Kerrigan and Ryan Anderson.  

I think we could probably get him for a 2nd though if this was somehow real, given how bad most people expect our 2020 team to be.

I really think the FO fully plans in keeping him through this next season. Dave could just be putting up some weird smokescreen but at this point I think he's more likely than not going to be here. If they would've rushed into taking lower value than he was worth I think they would've done it during the draft.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

I really think the FO fully plans in keeping him through this next season. Dave could just be putting up some weird smokescreen but at this point I think he's more likely than not going to be here. If they would've rushed into taking lower value than he was worth I think they would've done it during the draft.

The 2 thing i've seen listed on the Falcons site pertaining to this is their could be a WR involved going back.  For us im assuming that would be Ridley which im really not sure how i feel about that at all.  The other thing is a pick + a DE swap  so something like our 1st or 2nd next year + Takk. 

2 hours ago, Danger said:

People are just floating any team name around at this point. Falcons make a lot of sense though.

To be fair though the Falcons have been linked to alot of Edge Rushers at this point.  We wanted Quinn and Fowler but lost out on 1 of them so it makes sense that we are targeting other Edge rushers as well.   The main 4 we have been linked to now has been Clowney, Golden, Griffen, and now Yann.   I would be cool with any of the 4 as they all upgrade what we got right now pretty easily and i think it's a pretty big need as the only main need we didn't target in the Draft.