Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

23 minutes ago, Kirill said:

If Cam Newton knew what was good for him he'd sign on to be Mahomes backup for a year just like when we had Nick Foles for a year the year before he won the super bowl.

Just for the sheer comedy of hearing the answer,  what should Cam sign for to be Mahomes back up? Curious? 

The only reason for him to sign there, is in Hope's of Patrick getting hurt so he can take over and potentially run the table too. There is no upside to him being a Chief other then that. 

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

Just for the sheer comedy of hearing the answer,  what should Cam sign for to be Mahomes back up? Curious? 

The only reason for him to sign there, is in Hope's of Patrick getting hurt so he can take over and potentially run the table too. There is no upside to him being a Chief other then that. 

The same thing Nick Foles signed in KC for. 1 year/1.75 Million Dollars.

He would benefit greatly from a year off. Relax and get his mind and body right, learn from Mahomes, bro down with Reid and collect a ring while waiting until next year when a good starting job will open up for him.

26 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Unless he tries to take Pat out with his car for the starting job. 

52 minutes ago, Kirill said:

The same thing Nick Foles signed in KC for. 1 year/1.75 Million Dollars.

He would benefit greatly from a year off. Relax and get his mind and body right, learn from Mahomes, bro down with Reid and collect a ring while waiting until next year when a good starting job will open up for him.

That's about as likely to happen as you getting the winning lottery ticket. 

Cam learning from Pat?👌 Does that sound like something Cam would do? Would he want others like yourself to even be able to suggest something like that?

Why learn Andy's complex offense only to leave to another system next year?

That's what Cam wants, a defacto, Hey I was the back up QB but have a SB ring on my resume now! You hit all the nails on the head with that post.

Once again, the only Singular reason for Cam Newton to sign with the KC Chiefs in Hope's that Pat Mahomes gets hurt so I can take over and be the Hero, "Maybe" win a ring! That's it. Everything else you eluded to is not Cameron Jerrell Newton in the slightest.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's about as likely to happen as you getting the winning lottery ticket. 

Cam learning from Pat?👌 Does that sound like something Cam would do? Would he want others like yourself to even be able to suggest something like that?

Why learn Andy's complex offense only to leave to another system next year?

That's what Cam wants, a defacto, Hey I was the back up QB but have a SB ring on my resume now! You hit all the nails on the head with that post.

Once again, the only Singular reason for Cam Newton to sign with the KC Chiefs in Hope's that Pat Mahomes gets hurt so I can take over and be the Hero, "Maybe" win a ring! That's it. Everything else you eluded to is not Cameron Jerrell Newton in the slightest.

I have no idea what in the world Cam Newton is going to learn from Patrick Mahomes.  I don't understand that comment from any direction, at all.  

My opinion is that he waits for an injury to happen in training camp or the preseason.  They happen every year.  If a team that had their sights set on the playoffs lost their starting QB, signing Newton would be able to allow them to still be in a position to salvage their team

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Heck no to Cam...  

Just give me a backup who’s capable of getting the ball to all our playmakers quickly,  not someone who’s going to try to carry the full load of the offense. 

Kyle Shurmur?

Sounds exactly like what he did in college.