Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

This time last year you wouldn't have even bothered mentioning the 49ers in this type of discussion. I think it'd be foolish to dismiss the losses of guys like Buckner, Sanders, and Breida on that team. 

The Breida loss isn't anything given the stable of running backs and scheme. It's just not. He had 23 carries in the last 7 games down the stretch last year, and 8 of them came in the back end of a playoff blow out. 

The Sanders one is tricky. His stats weren't always pretty, but I think he did so much to open up the offense for someone like Deebo to become so much better. Taking pressure off Deebo, ensuring he wasn't always covered by the number one...that's something often overlooked. I'm curious to see what the receivers look like now without him

We don't talk about the Buckner loss. 

I think the defense simply has a natural regression, the offense is maybe a little better, and the team probably ends up about 11-5. I will say that the schedule lined up fairly well for the team. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

The Breida loss isn't anything given the stable of running backs and scheme. It's just not. He had 23 carries in the last 7 games down the stretch last year, and 8 of them came in the back end of a playoff blow out. 

The Sanders one is tricky. His stats weren't always pretty, but I think he did so much to open up the offense for someone like Deebo to become so much better. Taking pressure off Deebo, ensuring he wasn't always covered by the number one...that's something often overlooked. I'm curious to see what the receivers look like now without him

We don't talk about the Buckner loss. 

I think the defense simply has a natural regression, the offense is maybe a little better, and the team probably ends up about 11-5. I will say that the schedule lined up fairly well for the team. 

Agree with everything here. There's a reason Breida was the last to be mentioned, but I think it's a loss nonetheless. I've seen enough of him to know how talented and dangerous he was a on a per-touch basis and I'm glad the team decided to move on from him instead of someone like Tevin Coleman. Even if he wasn't seeing the touches late last year, he's a guy who could've stepped up in a pinch if Mostert (never started a full season) or Coleman (never stayed healthy a full season) got dinged up and you guys wouldn't have skipped a beat. You don't realize how important depth is until you don't have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Agree with everything here. There's a reason Breida was the last to be mentioned, but I think it's a loss nonetheless. I've seen enough of him to know how talented and dangerous he was a on a per-touch basis and I'm glad the team decided to move on from him instead of someone like Tevin Coleman. Even if he wasn't seeing the touches late last year, he's a guy who could've stepped up in a pinch if Mostert (never started a full season) or Coleman (never stayed healthy a full season) got dinged up and you guys wouldn't have skipped a beat. You don't realize how important depth is until you don't have it. 

Oh trust me, depth is the only thing that saved the Niners last year when bodies were dropping like flies. Breida has always been good when he's played, but Shanahan has a quick trigger in his dog house and once you get in it, you pretty much stay in it. He should have gotten more carries late in the season but it didn't matter because of Mostert's excellent play. Overall though, RBs situation will never be a problem with Shanahan.

While the losses you named are big, and Buckner in particular, the team can overcome that by.......just being more healthy. The entire DL depth was gone late in the season and the defense took a solid dip....As well as Tartt and Alexander being out. But if Jones/Blair/Ford stay relatively healthy? Then the DL will still be likely the best in the league or right up with the best in the league. 

The team is just stacked and deep at almost every position. The Seahawks always have a chance because of Wilson but I don't think they have done anything this offseason to put them at the top spot. But I definitely wouldn't just count them out like they have no chance. I'm just hoping for SOME regression in close games. Is that too much to ask for???

On 5/26/2020 at 6:36 AM, Ray Reed said:

“Always lay the beat down on them” = a 3 point OT win in Lamar’s rookie year, and a 5 point win last year...both in Kansas City.

There’s been some bad posters on this site throughout the years, but man. You’re awe inspiring.

You want to see a beatdown, go watch the KC/BAL playoff game from 2010. Would be shocked if you were alive for that considering your posting tendencies.

He's an expert too, Ravens fan should know all about beatdown. Don't even have to go back further than a year.

59 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He's an expert too, Ravens fan should know all about beatdown. Don't even have to go back further than a year.

You guys hang up your "AFC Championship Game Participant" banner yet? I know that's an AFC South thing.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think he just overestimated what his offers would be. 

I don't know... I remember Clowney "blocking" a trade to Miami while he was with the Texans, he was supposed to be part of the Larmey Tunsil trade. The rumors were that Miami would have made him a DeMarcus Lawrence type deal (which is a very big number). He did everything short of sitting out a full year to avoid this fate.

I really think Clowney is looking for a team that wins. It's two off-seasons in a row he's had a big number on the table that he walked away from, and both teams that he walked away from were teams picking in the top 10.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't know... I remember Clowney "blocking" a trade to Miami while he was with the Texans, he was supposed to be part of the Larmey Tunsil trade. The rumors were that Miami would have made him a DeMarcus Lawrence type deal (which is a very big number). He did everything short of sitting out a full year to avoid this fate.

I really think Clowney is looking for a team that wins. It's two off-seasons in a row he's had a big number on the table that he walked away from, and both teams that he walked away from were teams picking in the top 10.

Would love for Buffalo to pick him up on the cheap, but doubt it happens. We haven't been linked to him at all. 

3 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Would love for Buffalo to pick him up on the cheap, but doubt it happens. We haven't been linked to him at all. 

He's got a ton of value for someone at this stage. If he wants to go to a contender (which looks like his preference) he's not going to bank the big bucks like everyone expected - which means someone is going to get a GREAT deal on him. 

9 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's got a ton of value for someone at this stage. If he wants to go to a contender (which looks like his preference) he's not going to bank the big bucks like everyone expected - which means someone is going to get a GREAT deal on him. 

I keep hoping that the Vrabel connection means he's going to come to Tennessee, it's just a matter of timing for the signing... but being a Titans fan that's probably just wishful thinking.

10 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Titans pretty please...