Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I keep hoping that the Vrabel connection means he's going to come to Tennessee, it's just a matter of timing for the signing... but being a Titans fan that's probably just wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Titans pretty please...

I actually have Tennessee as the favorite in the clubhouse - Vrabel was more than his position coach and coordinator, he was his tutor and mentor. Clowney's best year came in 2017, when Vrabel was in charge; It wasn't just his best year statistically, he was consistent from snap to snap - which is the big issue with him, consistency from play to play. 

Vrabel can get the most out of JD, more than most - and JD could probably cash in big after a season of Vrabel ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I actually have Tennessee as the favorite in the clubhouse - Vrabel was more than his position coach and coordinator, he was his tutor and mentor. Clowney's best year came in 2017, when Vrabel was in charge; It wasn't just his best year statistically, he was consistent from snap to snap - which is the big issue with him, consistency from play to play. 

Vrabel can get the most out of JD, more than most - and JD could probably cash in big after a season of Vrabel ball.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Clowney is just waiting for a contendor to get desperate and blow him away. 

His second best offer with Seattle is always in his back pocket. This could go into August/September. But I still believe he ultimately ends up back in Seattle. (Unless Philly or Tennessee decides to bring blow things up)

9 minutes ago, animaltested said:

His second best offer with Seattle is always in his back pocket.

Seems like Clowney and Everson Griffen are both dancing in limbo-land with each looking at the other one to set the market price
NFL facilities are opening up and coaches should be allowed into the building next week - so we might see some movement then

18 minutes ago, animaltested said:

Clowney is just waiting for a contendor to get desperate and blow him away. 

His second best offer with Seattle is always in his back pocket. This could go into August/September. But I still believe he ultimately ends up back in Seattle. (Unless Philly or Tennessee decides to bring blow things up)

I think he ends up in Cleveland at this point. All three teams flirting with him have a case to be a contender and I don't see him inking anything longer than a 1-year deal and trying for big money again next year. He could thrive in Cleveland with Myles Garrett on the other side. 

Frankly, I think Seattle is better off with Everson Griffen anyways. 

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I think he ends up in Cleveland at this point. All three teams flirting with him have a case to be a contender and I don't see him inking anything longer than a 1-year deal and trying for big money again next year. He could thrive in Cleveland with Myles Garrett on the other side. 

Frankly, I think Seattle is better off with Everson Griffen anyways. 

I’d hope so. Griffen is a better player straight up for perhaps half the cost.

I think Clowney signs in July and with Cleveland. Their huge cap space isn’t going to change. There’s nobody else out there I could see Cleveland wanting. If they cut Olivier Vernon, their cap sky rockets to 53 mil.

How I feel the offseason resolves:

Seattle - Griffin

Philly - Yan

Cleveland - Clowney

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I think he ends up in Cleveland at this point. All three teams flirting with him have a case to be a contender

Cleveland is not a contender.

You have to actually win games to be a contender.  Theoretical "if their QB really puts it all together this season" teams are not contenders.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Cleveland is not a contender.

You have to actually win games to be a contender.  Theoretical "if their QB really puts it all together this season" teams are not contenders.

Be that as it may, "have a case" simply implies that a good sales pitch could convince someone like Clowney that he's not joining a team destined to play 16 game. Cleveland has legitimate playoff aspirations which you can't say for every team. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Be that as it may, "have a case" simply implies that a good sales pitch could convince someone like Clowney that he's not joining a team destined to play 16 game. Cleveland has legitimate playoff aspirations which you can't say for every team. 

With like five or six exceptions, I think you absolutely can.

I'm not saying he won't go there.  I'm just saying if he goes there, it'll be for the money.

Was posted by a 49er fan in our forum. Thought it was worth bringing up in here. Weird sort of situation given how tiny the TE market is; he could crush that market (13m/yr) and still 100% be underpaid by a fair margin. Given what he does as a blocker, what he does for the run game, and then is our number one receiver, you can easily argue he's worth good wide receiver money.