Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

yeah at this point I'll take anyone that has speed / can create separation in their routes.
Robinson has an extra bonus in that he isn't a headcase like Agholor, as nice as a guy he is, he almost became a crazy person trying to get over his drop problem.

Wentz has been so hampered by guys who are purely jump ball receivers or guys that have zero ability to get yards after the catch.
If we could get Aiyuk, Ruggs or heck even Ceedee if he fell I'd be ecstatic, especially with the coaches we added.
Taking some of what you guys do...movement, more developed PA. Mixing it with the more expansive RPO systems.
On top of the solid West Coast rooted offense we had. Wentz is one of the best at throwing on the move, if we pair that with guys who can break free (downfield with speed or midrange with route running) we'll all be really happy. 

To add on Robinson, if you watch Mahomes highlights he's usually the guy on the end of the plays that breakdown and then somehow work. Robinson doesn't quit.

• Like 1

Am I the only one doesn’t see much of a debate for New England? Pay him what he wants.

Belichick is crazy if he thinks New England will be the same franchise if Tom isn’t there. Teams are going to smell blood in the water like Tennessee did. He did this same crap with Bernie Kosar towards the end of his career in Cleveland and it bit Belichick then too.

You can do the “patriot way” of hardlining players at every position, except QB.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Am I the only one doesn’t see much of a debate for New England? Pay him what he wants.

Belichick is crazy if he thinks New England will be the same franchise if Tom isn’t there. Teams are going to smell blood in the water like Tennessee did. He did this same crap with Bernie Kosar towards the end of his career in Cleveland and it bit Belichick then too.

You can do the “patriot way” of hardlining players at every position, except QB.

Pay him whatever he wants...for 1 year. No 40+ year old QB is worth ANY long term commitment. Even the greatest of all time.

If he wants anything more than a year....SEE YA! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You can do the “patriot way” of hard lining players at every position, except QB.

Bill is an avid aficionado of NFL history, probably the most knowledgeable student of the game ever.
He didn't invent the basic tenets of Patriot Way, but he did take them to the next level. Here's what one of his forefathers had to say:

"Lombardi said there were three keys to staying on top and two of them were psychological. One was to guard against your players becoming complacent and developing inflated egos. The other was to prepare your team in advance for every defending champion’s inevitable burden: That each one of your opponents will be pointing to you as the biggest game on their schedule. Lombardi’s third key touched on personnel.
Here’s what he said.

“There is a tendency to stay with the players that won the championship – even if he isn’t as good as he was.
And it’s the very human thing to do.
However, there is no room for that type of emotion. Football is a hardheaded cold business.

“No matter what a player did last year, he must go if he can’t do it this year.”

Edited by Shanedorf
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Pay him whatever he wants...for 1 year. No 40+ year old QB is worth ANY long term commitment. Even the greatest of all time.

If he wants anything more than a year....SEE YA! 

It’s just silly.

Does anybody see the Patriots as super bowl contenders without Tom? I don’t.

The same exact thing that happened against Tennessee would happen again. Their LBs and safeties would be forced to defend the run and not be allowed to just run around. Then proceed to get punched in the mouth.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B (yes he fumbled, but Chubb gashed them bad):

Edited by candyman93

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s just silly.

The same exact thing that happened against Tennessee would happen again. Their LBs and safeties would be forced to defend the run and not be allowed to just run around. Then proceed to get punched in the mouth.

I do. Bill Belichecks team will play good defense and he will 9/10 out coach the other team. Doesn't hurt they are in a division with 2 of the 4 teams still nowhere near the playoffs.

I'm in the Bridgewater boat. Also, he should look into taking Brisset back. Either of those two under center next season and they're in the playoffs again. 

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 10:56 AM, JonStark said:

Where did you see that Littleton is likely done with the Rams and that Fowler will be tagged? 

Littleton mentioned wanting top dollar - and unfortunately, some team will pay him $14 million per year. Won't be the Rams.

I think the Rams might entertain paying Fowler that money though.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I do. Bill Belichecks team will play good defense and he will 9/10 out coach the other team. Doesn't hurt they are in a division with 2 of the 4 teams still nowhere near the playoffs.

I'm in the Bridgewater boat. Also, he should look into taking Brisset back. Either of those two under center next season and they're in the playoffs again. 

Ignoring the NFC, here’s who I’m taking in the AFC over them: Kansas City, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Houston (less confident in them).

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ignoring the NFC, here’s who I’m taking in the AFC over them: Kansas City, Baltimore, Tennessee, and Houston (less confident in them).

That's 4. 6 in the playoffs and with the division they will get atleast one home game. Bill Belicheck with a home game and in the playoffs? I'd take my chances. Yes, last year didn't pan out, but I also think Brady missed alot of easy throws and could of gotten more from his running game. 

39 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yep. I don't get the weird double standards going on with Brady right now. 

Some say he's clearly lost "it" but without him the Patriots will obviously fall apart. That just doesn't make a lot of sense. Every time Brady had been out with an injury, his backups have played plenty well enough. Cassel, Jimmy, Brissett, etc., and in retrospect most of them played well above their ceiling while in New England.

I think the Pats have a much better overall roster now than many of Tom's prime years. I see absolutely no reason to think that they wouldn't make the playoffs with almost any starter, or even some backups, currently in the league at QB. Find them someone worthy of being one of the best 32-35 QBs in the league, sure it may not resemble Brady's peaks, but the team is still built to at least be a WC team. 

Folks need to pump the brakes a bit.

Edited by ronjon1990

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

they aren't superbowl contenders either way imo

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Have I missed it or is Wade Phillips still unemployed?

You haven't missed it.

Kris Richard is also available as well

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, N4L said:

they aren't superbowl contenders either way imo

Agreed. And I don't think Bill views Tom as The Man anymore
That's why Brady is looking elsewhere; he's not willing to accept that assessment

That's what makes Tom, Tom and it's also what makes Bill, Bill.

The more I think about it, there really could be no other ending to this story

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Agreed. And I don't think Bill views Tom as The Man anymore
That's why Brady is looking elsewhere; he's not willing to accept that assessment

That's what makes Tom, Tom and it's also what makes Bill, Bill.

The more I think about it, there really could be no other ending to this story

immovable object vs unstoppable force

• Like 1