Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I mean, best case with Yannick is a tag and trade. He's gone regardless. But it seems if you allow them to get to the point of an actual holdout, that the trade value goes way down. 

He's gone regardless? Nah...

Apparently there's been some good progress being made lately. 

Not to mention you can easily structure a low cap hit this year with Yan and the team has no one to pay anytime soon from within. Cut the guys KYDI listed, Campbell getting closer to the end, Foles deal after this year doesn't affect the cap as much, etc.

If the Jaguars want to keep him and the relationship with Yan is repaired (which it sounds like it's moving that way), they can keep him very easily (as well as land a couple other very solid FA's).

Edited by .Buzz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, .Buzz said:

He's gone regardless? Nah...

Apparently there's been some good progress being made lately. 

Not to mention you can easily structure a low cap hit this year with Yan and the team has no one to pay anytime soon from within. Cut the guys KYDI listed, Campbell getting closer to the end, Foles deal after this year doesn't affect the cap as much, etc.

If the Jaguars want to keep him and the relationship with Yan is repaired (which it sounds like it's moving that way), they can keep him very easily (as well as land a couple other very solid FA's).

Dollars to donuts Yannick plays somewhere that isn't Jacksonville next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dollars to donuts Yannick plays somewhere that isn't Jacksonville next season.

It's very possible, but you quote tweeting he gone due to cap figures prior to cuts ain't it.

If he's gone, it's not going to be because we can't afford him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Danger said:

See ya Yannick

And that salary is committed. So that number can’t go down right! Basically guaranteed contracts for the books. The sun ain’t up yet and I’m thinking about the check. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

 

I feel like there has been very little heat on the Nick Foles contract. People constantly trash Garrapolo, Cousins and Flacco's old contract back in the day, but this is just on another level in terms of (lack of) return. 4 years/88M. Can't even be cut before 2 years for $46.125M. 

Edited by wackywabbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like there has been very little heat on the Nick Foles contract. People constantly trash Garrapolo, Cousins and Flacco's old contract back in the day, but this is just on another level in terms of (lack of) return. 4 years/88M. Can't even be cut before 2 years for $46.125M. 

Not sure I agree. Think there's been quite a bit of talk about it considering there's articles that have come out about trying to get a trade/what can the Jaguars do to get out of it (if even possible).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like there has been very little heat on the Nick Foles contract. People constantly trash Garrapolo, Cousins and Flacco's old contract back in the day, but this is just on another level in terms of (lack of) return. 4 years/88M. Can't even be cut before 2 years for $46.125M. 

I don’t know of a single NFL franchise that has benched their franchise QB after 3 games. Hard to get a ROI when your HC figures on hanging his hat on a 6th round pick, whose play was falling off badly when he got benched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

 

Pity the team that pays Teddy more than twenty .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Pity the team that pays Teddy more than twenty .....

Agreed. Teddy’s solid but I don’t think he’s ever shown to be as good Cousins, if we’re comparing a bigger recent FA QB contracts. A team might be able to compete with Teddy but I feel like he will always just be someone you ideally want to replace. Maybe a poor mans Alex Smith, at $30 million? That’s absurd. I hope he can find a starting job somewhere, he deserves that opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Will be a different #1 next year when Kupp/Ramsey get deals. B|

Nah we’re about $70 million behind the current leader Philly and can clear up more. Also who says those extensions have to carry a huge 2021 hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At what point do teams just draft a QB every few years so they don't have to resign average guys for insane amounts of money? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zappaz said:

At what point do teams just draft a QB every few years so they don't have to resign average guys for insane amounts of money? 

the problem is even with average guys there isn't 32 to go around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BowlesDawgDX said:

Not really FA, but rumor

 

I bet Slay will net at least a 2nd rd pick this year and a 2021 pick (3rd or 4th)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

I don’t know of a single NFL franchise that has benched their franchise QB after 3 games. Hard to get a ROI when your HC figures on hanging his hat on a 6th round pick, whose play was falling off badly when he got benched.

Did you watch Foles play? No velocity on his ball, had no scramble ability behind a bad OL, and literally never showed life on offense. Was pretty obvious Minshew was Marrones guy and Foles was Coughlin's. He wasn't the teams "franchise QB", he was a stop gap/guy that we hoped would be solid enough to go with a solid defense.

Not to mention Minshew, although he had ups and downs like all rookie QBs, was the best statistical rookie behind that awful OL/offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×