Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I mean, best case with Yannick is a tag and trade. He's gone regardless. But it seems if you allow them to get to the point of an actual holdout, that the trade value goes way down. 

He's gone regardless? Nah...

Apparently there's been some good progress being made lately. 

Not to mention you can easily structure a low cap hit this year with Yan and the team has no one to pay anytime soon from within. Cut the guys KYDI listed, Campbell getting closer to the end, Foles deal after this year doesn't affect the cap as much, etc.

If the Jaguars want to keep him and the relationship with Yan is repaired (which it sounds like it's moving that way), they can keep him very easily (as well as land a couple other very solid FA's).

Edited by .Buzz

Just now, .Buzz said:

He's gone regardless? Nah...

Apparently there's been some good progress being made lately. 

Not to mention you can easily structure a low cap hit this year with Yan and the team has no one to pay anytime soon from within. Cut the guys KYDI listed, Campbell getting closer to the end, Foles deal after this year doesn't affect the cap as much, etc.

If the Jaguars want to keep him and the relationship with Yan is repaired (which it sounds like it's moving that way), they can keep him very easily (as well as land a couple other very solid FA's).

Dollars to donuts Yannick plays somewhere that isn't Jacksonville next season.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dollars to donuts Yannick plays somewhere that isn't Jacksonville next season.

It's very possible, but you quote tweeting he gone due to cap figures prior to cuts ain't it.

If he's gone, it's not going to be because we can't afford him.

2 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I feel like there has been very little heat on the Nick Foles contract. People constantly trash Garrapolo, Cousins and Flacco's old contract back in the day, but this is just on another level in terms of (lack of) return. 4 years/88M. Can't even be cut before 2 years for $46.125M. 

Edited by wackywabbit

21 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I feel like there has been very little heat on the Nick Foles contract. People constantly trash Garrapolo, Cousins and Flacco's old contract back in the day, but this is just on another level in terms of (lack of) return. 4 years/88M. Can't even be cut before 2 years for $46.125M. 

Not sure I agree. Think there's been quite a bit of talk about it considering there's articles that have come out about trying to get a trade/what can the Jaguars do to get out of it (if even possible).

35 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I don’t know of a single NFL franchise that has benched their franchise QB after 3 games. Hard to get a ROI when your HC figures on hanging his hat on a 6th round pick, whose play was falling off badly when he got benched.

21 minutes ago, TDTimes said:

Pity the team that pays Teddy more than twenty .....

Agreed. Teddy’s solid but I don’t think he’s ever shown to be as good Cousins, if we’re comparing a bigger recent FA QB contracts. A team might be able to compete with Teddy but I feel like he will always just be someone you ideally want to replace. Maybe a poor mans Alex Smith, at $30 million? That’s absurd. I hope he can find a starting job somewhere, he deserves that opportunity.

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

I don’t know of a single NFL franchise that has benched their franchise QB after 3 games. Hard to get a ROI when your HC figures on hanging his hat on a 6th round pick, whose play was falling off badly when he got benched.

Did you watch Foles play? No velocity on his ball, had no scramble ability behind a bad OL, and literally never showed life on offense. Was pretty obvious Minshew was Marrones guy and Foles was Coughlin's. He wasn't the teams "franchise QB", he was a stop gap/guy that we hoped would be solid enough to go with a solid defense.

Not to mention Minshew, although he had ups and downs like all rookie QBs, was the best statistical rookie behind that awful OL/offense. 

• Like 1