Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

According to Tony Pauline (who?), the Broncos and Rams are front runners for CB Darius Slay...

None of that makes sense from a Rams perspective. Don't understand how its even feasible or why we would want it to be given limited cap, limited draft resources, and a need to pay Ramsey. 

I think he used to work for SI back in the day? He's jumped around a lot.
Does a lot more college scouting, but has been around for a long time...knows a lot of people.
I think he's from the northeast or at least I know he talks to our more intuned football writers/reporters a lot (Geoff Mosher, Adam Caplan, etc.)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The McVay Rams have consistently placed a premium on the CB position. This would not surprise me.  The cost of another trade could be a problem though.

That was with Wade who's gone we have a Fangio disciple now and we have talent at CB it really isn't a need. Again which means we likely trade for Slay. 

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Our cap issues are greatly exaggerated. We have 6 picks this year no 1st or 5th and 2 in the 4th. 

Cap issues yes, Draft assets? You guys just throw them out like a wad of cash (when realistically that's just your paycheck money)

20 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

That was with Wade who's gone we have a Fangio disciple now and we have talent at CB it really isn't a need. Again which means we likely trade for Slay. 

If we somehow do pull off the Slay trade then NRC would likely be a trade or cut candidate to save money and move David Long or Troy Hill into Slot.

Also, Lions were interested in Malcolm Brown last year.  Brown, tag/trade Fowler, Haventstein for Slay?

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Conklin’s a fantastic run blocker, but I think whoever pays him top dollar is going to be disappointed when they find out he’s a mostly average pass blocker. 

Average pass blocker? Our starting RT was Chris Hubbard. Abysmal would be a complement for that turd. 

Give me average all day long. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Cap issues yes, Draft assets? You guys just throw them out like a wad of cash (when realistically that's just your paycheck money)

We do throw them around and yet every draft we make a ton of picks. Eight last year eleven the year before eight the year before that. This year we're at 6 and will end up with 8 or 9 picks made. It's what Les Snead does. We'll likely trade NRC for a day 3 pick there's a very real possibility of tagging and trading Fowler then you trade down once pick up an extra pick and boom we're at 9 or 10 picks without batting an eye. Again our position is greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

If we somehow do pull off the Slay trade then NRC would likely be a trade or cut candidate to save money and move David Long or Troy Hill into Slot.

Also, Lions were interested in Malcolm Brown last year.  Brown, tag/trade Fowler, Haventstein for Slay?

I think NRC is gone even if we don't make a move for Slay. I don't know that the Lions actually need a RT I thought it was more IOL they needed. 

11 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

We do throw them around and yet every draft we make a ton of picks. Eight last year eleven the year before eight the year before that. This year we're at 6 and will end up with 8 or 9 picks made. It's what Les Snead does. We'll likely trade NRC for a day 3 pick there's a very real possibility of tagging and trading Fowler then you trade down once pick up an extra pick and boom we're at 9 or 10 picks without batting an eye. Again our position is greatly exaggerated. 

You have 6 picks right now (including a projected 4th round comp), assuming you'll just magically get 3-4 more out of thin air isn't wise. And trading down has it's price, you're getting lesser quality picks at that.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

you're getting lesser quality picks at that.

That bit doesn't really hold up past face-value.  You're getting a lower-probability of a high-quality talent, but there's no way of actually substantiating the statement you made with empirical data.

• Like 2