Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

You have 6 picks right now (including a projected 4th round comp), assuming you'll just magically get 3-4 more out of thin air isn't wise. And trading down has it's price, you're getting lesser quality picks at that.

And yet every year we do it. I’d be shocked if there’s a GM that has made more draft day trades since Snead took over. I get the hesitation but you have to look at his track record. Just browse this fro last year and you get an idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

4 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

And yet every year we do it. I’d be shocked if there’s a GM that has made more draft day trades since Snead took over. I get the hesitation but you have to look at his track record. Just browse this fro last year and you get an idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_NFL_Draft

I'm aware you still have SOME now, but trading for Slay is basically going to leave you with nothing. Which is the point I'm going to make. And again, trading down to acquire more picks does leave you with lesser picks.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I really hope it's transition only...

Well, because it was a collective bargaining discussion year they'd made allowance for there to be one of each available to all teams, but this would indicated that some form of the tag is going to be surviving the new CBA, also that by virtue of a new agreement being in place there would be no more allowance for multiple tags (the logic being that the allowance was made because the logistics and $ number specifics wouldn't be known so ironing out concrete numbers on contracts would be more difficult - or players/agents would be less likely to commit because they had no firm grasp of percentage-of-the-pie allotments, what the determined cap was for 2020 was, etc.).

The ownership vote on the new CBA didn't pass unanimously; 5-6 "no's" and 1 abstention (guaranteed to be either Mark Davis or Dan Snyder as they're the typically guilty parties in this matter).  So it's entirely possible that at least 1 or 2 owners were voting strategically to try and draw this out longer in order to reach the period of free agency where tag would have to be used (i.e. a point of no return on this 2 tags business for this year) which is a matter of weeks from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Our cap issues are greatly exaggerated. We have 6 picks this year no 1st or 5th and 2 in the 4th. 

Yeah I’m sure they are, but so is everyone’s...it’s the NFL. But when you have all these league leading contracts or at least near the top for cornerstone pieces. You don’t just cut them like you would a mid-level guy with an inflated deal (see the Eagles moving on from Nigel Bradham). The whole issue is exacerbated when you don’t have any real draft capital to fill the roster with good young cheap talent. 

At the very least positionally they’ve invested well aside from RB/Gurley. I think Goff’s value as a franchise QB is up for debate too, but what could they do there? When McVay has the scheme going Goff execute it pretty well.

New CBA should give some breathing room though.

Seeing some rumors about Carr to the bears. It actually could make some sense assuming Brady becomes a raider 

Bears could include Floyd to make the money work. Raiders could use another edge rusher. Not sure what the picks would be but I don't know how big carrs trade market would really be once Brady is inked. Colts could also make a lot of sense. Carr needs needs needs a good OL. 

14 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm aware you still have SOME now, but trading for Slay is basically going to leave you with nothing. Which is the point I'm going to make. And again, trading down to acquire more picks does leave you with lesser picks.

We don't know what compensation would be for Slay. There are options through players to get this done. Tag and trade Fowler would be a big piece. Malcolm Brown signed an offer sheet with the Lions last year. Any trade picks included wouldn't be higher than a 5th IMO

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

We don't know what compensation would be for Slay. There are options through players to get this done. Tag and trade Fowler would be a big piece. Malcolm Brown signed an offer sheet with the Lions last year. Any trade picks included wouldn't be higher than a 5th IMO

There's not a chance they're moving Slay for anything less than a 3rd.

3 hours ago, Danger said:

There's not a chance they're moving Slay for anything less than a 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Hukos said:

I would instantly give Detroit one of our second round picks (Atlanta) for Darius Slay and I wouldn't think twice about it. There's no way you're getting hands on him for peanuts.

We don't know what Detroit's plan is for next season; especially with an additional playoff spot available. If they are going all-in on Stafford then trading for the #2 FA OLB in Dante Fowler (tag n trade), adding a starting RT in Havenstein, and Malcolm Brown to help Kerryon Johnson is the way to go.

If it's a complete rebuild and they go Tua at #3 then yes, you're right. The draft picks are the way to go.