Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Quoted wrong post lol. Meant to quote the one where Hooper says the Atlanta FO legit told him to take a hike. 

Highly doubt they said that they probably said to go check FA and see what kind of numbers are being offered and they will see if they can match or beat it.   To Hooper who has for the last few years been a bit of a diva on social media,, on the radio stations and  to the Fans and on nfl network during his pro bowl interview is just running his mouth like he is known to do at times.  I don't hate or dislike the guy but he thinks way more highly of himself than i think he is worth or what he brings to the table.   Can't be mad at him though go get that money and get me a nice comp pick kid.

6 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Highly doubt they said that they probably said to go check FA and see what kind of numbers are being offered and they will see if they can match or beat it.   To Hooper who has for the last few years been a bit of a diva on social media,, on the radio stations and  to the Fans and on nfl network during his pro bowl interview is just running his mouth like he is known to do at times.  I don't hate or dislike the guy but he thinks way more highly of himself than i think he is worth or what he brings to the table.   Can't be mad at him though go get that money and get me a nice comp pick kid.

Do you agree keeping Quinn/Dirk? Seemed like the two easiest firing of the off season outside of Kitchens. Especially Dirk. And anytime I listen to the Falcon GM talk I cringe. Arthur should axe everyone. Poor Matt Ryan. Great quarterback. We’ve seen him be a Top 5 QB with proper OC’s like Kyle and the guy from Alabama. Ryans a great guy too. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Do you agree keeping Quinn/Dirk? Seemed like the two easiest firing of the off season outside of Kitchens. Especially Dirk. And anytime I listen to the Falcon GM talk I cringe. Arthur should axe everyone. Poor Matt Ryan. Great quarterback. We’ve seen him be a Top 5 QB with proper OC’s like Kyle and the guy from Alabama. Ryans a great guy too. 

Quinn yes should have been kept for 1 more season based on the players playing hard for him and him being smart enough to hand the reigns over to raheem morris and ulbrich when his defense wasn't working.  His moves worked and we were one of the best teams in the 2nd half of the season with a much harder schedule.  Dirk wasn't my 1st choice to begin with as i wanted Kubiak, Lafleur, or Mcdaniels.   As for the guy from Bama please tell me you aren't talking about Sarkisian we ALL hated him here and wanted him gone.  At one pint he was the most disliked man in Atlanta :D As for Dimitroff im 50/50 with him but overall i like him more than i dislike him as i think he has drafted some really good players over the years for us.  

Now as for Koetter even though im not a fan of his offense or it's style i i also can't deny or take away from him that in 2012 Ryan also had one of the best seasons he's ever had under a DK led offense.  If you go and look at Ryans career his 1st year with a coordinator switch he struggles and in the 2nd year he blows up to put up almost mvp caliber numbers at times.  Im not sure if Koetter would count on this since he has been here once before but im willing to give it a go for 1 more season since we have no other choice.   Shannys 1st year here was terrible for ryan, Sarks 1st year here was terrible for Ryan, and this year was as well under dirk.  But this year under Dirk was better than the 1st year under shanny and sark.   Lets see if the trend continues and he puts up a 100+ QB rating again under year 2  of a OC switch.

27 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean...how often do "quick one year turnaround" and "tons of cap space so they'll be really aggressive in free agency" go together in the NFL, though? 

I'm skeptical we can be competitive in 2020, but I don't blame them for thinking it's possible.  There's usually at least one worst to first team every year. 

Plus, we were playing with 25% of our cap on IR at the start of 2019 and about 45% on IR towards the end of the season.  Definitely room for improvement due to positive injury regression alone.

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm skeptical we can be competitive in 2020, but I don't blame them for thinking it's possible.  There's usually at least one worst to first team every year. 

Plus, we were playing with 25% of our cap on IR at the start of 2019 and about 45% on IR towards the end of the season.  Definitely room for improvement due to positive injury regression alone.

Oh I don't doubt they could turn it around and become competitive in that division this year...I just don't know that taking the "spend a ton in FA" route is what they should be doing this offseason if they believe that to be the case. Typically, there's an inverse relationship between the big-spending, free agency "winners" and the teams that actually manage to turn it around a year after a disappointing season.

If they believe they're on the verge, they should be building through the draft, establishing Ron's culture and extending players in-house they believe to be worth it, and giving out reasonable, value-based contracts - not going out in FA on a spending spree. 

Just my opinion obviously

1 minute ago, Ray Reed said:

Oh I don't doubt they could turn it around and become competitive in that division this year...I just don't know that taking the "spend a ton in FA" route is what they should be doing this offseason if they believe that to be the case. Typically, there's an inverse relationship between the big-spending, free agency "winners" and the teams that actually manage to turn it around a year after a disappointing season.

If they believe they're on the verge, they should be building through the draft, establishing Ron's culture and extending players in-house they believe to be worth it, and giving out reasonable, value-based contracts - not going out in FA on a spending spree. 

Just my opinion obviously

I agree.  I definitely don't want to spend big on Drake or Cooper.  I'd pay Hooper though.  And I'd probably pay Jones, Bradberry or Littleton on defense.  Other than that though, I'd take it easy in FA.  We've drafted well enough the past few years that we should focus on building from within.

• Like 1

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

If Dwayne Haskins wasn't the QB I would fully believe in a 1 year turn around. I don't see it. 

Bring in competition and I'll get on board. 

Not going to rehash the arguments for and against Haskins in this thread, but I'm excited to see what he can do this year after a strong finish in 2019.