Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, Danger said:

25% of the grievances filed by players in the league with the NFL PA against their team come from Jacksonville. It's nothing that has yet to make it out publicly but there's definitely reason to believe Shad Khan and ownership routinely do something to piss the players off.

When the Jags originally told Ramsey he wasn't getting an extension, Ramsey backed off, came to camp, and played -- because he was told Ngakoue needed to be signed first.  Ramsey said he understood and agreed with that.  The Jags then turned around and didn't give Ngakoue a contract extension.  Ngakoue briefly held out, but according to the existing CBA he had to report, or he would lose one year.  That's the only reason he ended his holdout last season, and I think it precipitated Ramsey's trade demand.

That kind of stuff doesn't sit well with players.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Just because I'm saying the offense took off doesn't mean he stepped in and took you to a top 5 offense. You guys were brutal offensively largely until he came in. He came in with a hand that wasn't great outside of Henry (AJ was a rookie, Davis hasn't done much, Delaine was hurt, etc.) and helped make it look competent with a first time OC that most of you were clamoring to fire early on.

Never said he came in and your offense was dominant from the get go. But it definitely looked like a whole lot better and smooth offense with guys picking up their play.

Yeah the offense improved when he took over, that much is clear. But it’s also a lazy analysis to say it became what it was simply because of him. That’s what it appeared your take was.

48 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah the offense improved when he took over, that much is clear. But it’s also a lazy analysis to say it became what it was simply because of him. That’s what it appeared your take was.

Didn't mean to make it into that. Not what I was getting at.

But he clearly elevated play around him (middle of the road/game managers don't usually do that), which is the point and why I don't get why you'd be quick to move on unless you think he falls on his face. Even if he regresses, there's plenty of room to regress while still being a very solid option with a lot more tread on the tires then Brady, while likely providing similar play (with higher upside as we saw last year) whereas the other guy is likely going to be on a regression path.

Edited by .Buzz

1 hour ago, TDTimes said:

When the Jags originally told Ramsey he wasn't getting an extension, Ramsey backed off, came to camp, and played -- because he was told Ngakoue needed to be signed first.  Ramsey said he understood and agreed with that.  The Jags then turned around and didn't give Ngakoue a contract extension.  Ngakoue briefly held out, but according to the existing CBA he had to report, or he would lose one year.  That's the only reason he ended his holdout last season, and I think it precipitated Ramsey's trade demand.

That kind of stuff doesn't sit well with players.

A contract offer was made, from what I can tell in the 18-19M range. Yan turned it down and wanted to negotiate, Coughlin said final offer otherwise play out this year. Yan said no, held out, and now we're here.

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Steve McNair's skeleton would have an upgrade over Mariota.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Didn't mean to make it into that. Not what I was getting at.

But he clearly elevated play around him (middle of the road/game managers don't usually do that), which is the point and why I don't get why you'd be quick to move on unless you think he falls on his face. Even if he regresses, there's plenty of room to regress while still being a very solid option with a lot more tread on the tires then Brady, while likely providing similar play (with higher upside as we saw last year) whereas the other guy is likely going to be on a regression path.

Because I’m not commiting 4 years 120 million to a guy who had a historic 10 game stretch that wasn’t indicative at all of who he was his prior 6 years. Also because I believe our team would have had equal or better success if it was Brady replacing Mariota instead of Tannehill because I’m not of the belief that he’s regressing to the level most think he is for the reasons I already outlined.

I believe we saw Tannehill’s peak last season. It was good for an AFCCG loss. More tread doesn’t matter if at your peak you can’t bring home the chip.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Because I’m not commiting 4 years 120 million to a guy who had a historic 10 game stretch that wasn’t indicative at all of who he was his prior 6 years. Also because I believe our team would have had equal or better success if it was Brady replacing Mariota instead of Tannehill because I’m not of the belief that he’s regressing to the level most think he is for the reasons I already outlined.

I believe we saw Tannehill’s peak last season. It was good for an AFCCG loss. More tread doesn’t matter if at your peak you can’t bring home the chip.

I agree with this. Titans have a great roster to drop a Tom Brady in. Would be smarter to bring in Brady and scout past the top 5-10 picks for a QBoTF you can jump in and grab in the next couple drafts. Better than tying yourself to Tanny. 

Hope it doesn't happen.

Edited by wackywabbit

Once again, why would Gisele want to move her family to Tennessee? For 2 years where nothing is remotely guaranteed?

IF and that's a massive IF Tom signs with another team that City/State in which they live as a family will play a factor as well. Especially those with weather and or no state tax!

CA, FL, NV, Tex

Edited by Nabbs4u

You have to commit 4 yrs, 30M per to sign him? 

The Titans playcalling is what did them in the playoffs. That along with playing the best QB in the game did them in. I don't think you can blame Tannehill/move on because he got beat by a juggernaut in KC.

And again, I'm not saying Tannehill will keep up elite play. In fact I know it won't happen. But he'd still be one of the best QBs the Titans have had in a long time for the foreseeable future and one that has a good chance of being able to take you places...

I guess if you loveeee Brady then I get it, but age doesn't lie, nor does the way the game is changing. 

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

You have to commit 4 yrs, 30M per to sign him? 

The Titans playcalling is what did them in the playoffs. That along with playing the best QB in the game did them in. I don't think you can blame Tannehill/move on because he got beat by a juggernaut in KC.

And again, I'm not saying Tannehill will keep up elite play. In fact I know it won't happen. But he'd still be one of the best QBs the Titans have had in a long time for the foreseeable future and one that has a good chance of being able to take you places...

I guess if you loveeee Brady then I get it, but age doesn't lie, nor does the way the game is changing. 

Oh absolutely. He’s going to want long term security with his injury history coupled with the season he just had that he’ll never have again. He’s easily gonna get more than Garoppolo’s 27.5 and Cousins 28.

Henry being stifled and the defense not being able to pressure or contain Mahomes is what did us in, not the playcalling lol. The only time you can maybe argue playcalling being an issue was at the end of the end of the first half...and even then it can be argued right back Smith was just riding the horse that got him there. Plus there was still the entire second half to play so it’s a moot point anyways.

Edit: I’m not blaming Tannehill for losing to the juggernaut Chiefs, there was a lot that went wrong besides Tannehill not rising to the occasion when we needed him to lead a comeback. And also for the record, I only am willing to move on from Tannehill if Brady’s on the table. Otherwise I’d choose to tag him and make him prove himself for a full season.

Edited by dtait93

If Garropolo got 27.5/yr Tannehill’s getting more than 27/yr in a new market

Gotta have suitors willing to pay that much.

SF traded draft capital and had little choice. Not sure he's getting as much as your listing.