Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

The problem with additional tags as the draft picks at associated with them. Teams don't want want to trade a first round pick plus pay a player. so they offer him a lesser contract than he would have gotten on the open market. 

Not a bad thought though. Maybe make the draft pick be reflective of the aav? 

Yeah it's something that would need to get figured out

I'm thinking maybe you make it part of a revamped comp. pick system. 
Which has been a rich get richer thing for awhile now.

Like losing a player you tendered is a boosted chip in the comp pool, and going after tendered players hurt your comp pick formula.

I think the league needs to raise the floor on what counts against the formula. It hurts vets from getting paid and sticking on teams.
Need to divorce it from low end roster management.

Just a thought off the top of my head.
But it let's original teams retain some kind of value for developing a player, but not hold them hostage for multiple years like the Skins did.

Though they'll probably just do a 1 year Franchise tag that is top market value..all guaranteed. But teams can trade them anytime up until the bye.

• Like 1

And to revist the Dak will never be LeVeon Bell situation, we are talking about a full year holdout and not a 'work it out in week 4 'deal.

If Dak gives up 27 - 33 million in 2020, he can just be tagged again the next year for something in the range of 29 - 35 million or whatever the figure is.

I guess he could pray for 2021 tag removal in a miracle speedy labor deal...  (good luck)

Also, you can't negotiate during the season while on the franchise tag so its stay or go at that prorated figure. (Elliot was not on the tag)

I guess they could work out a no tag next year situation like Seattle and Clowney but who is going to pay him more than Dallas?

Also, Dallas is negotiating with Dak in good faith as far as we all know so its not like the tag is the only option for him either.

I don't see him being offered 31 a year, wanting 35 a year, and holding out to miss a full year at 27 million over a 24 million over 6 year difference.

Florio is pretending that its not only an option but a smart play that puts Dallas in a corner.

It does not.

Bell is a moron. Dak is not as far as I know.

Edited by SkippyX

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

32 million dead cap in 2020

19 million in 2021

6 million in 2022

They could do it now but it would hurt.

Makes no sense this year, but that doesn't mean a FQB for the future can't be drafted!! If anything Tua makes perfect sense to redshirt his Rookie Season and learn while recovering. 

If that interns motivates or pushes Stafford to Greatness in 2020,  Win win, Arod Tua's Butt fir 21' as well.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

*Sigh*

Roby was inconsistent, but made plays in some big moments. I'm personally not confident in Gaeron Conley, Vernon Hargreaves III and Lonnie Johnson - but it's not as if Roby rounds this unit out into a top unit. CB is a need, whether or not Roby is retained.

I'd imagine that someone like Xavier Rhodes will be looked at for that one year deal that Roby and Tyrann Mathieu got from Houston the last two offseasons. Come in to rehab their career, then cash out the following off-season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Sigh*

Roby was inconsistent, but made plays in some big moments. I'm personally not confident in Gaeron Conley, Vernon Hargreaves III and Lonnie Johnson - but it's not as if Roby rounds this unit out into a top unit. CB is a need, whether or not Roby is retained.

I'd imagine that someone like Xavier Rhodes will be looked at for that one year deal that Roby and Tyrann Mathieu got from Houston the last two offseasons. Come in to rehab their career, then cash out the following off-season.

I’m not trying to be mean, but it seems like Houston loses guys quite a bit.

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’m not trying to be mean, but it seems like Houston loses guys quite a bit.

Nothing mean about it - I think the truth is sort of in the middle. If the Texans like you, they usually don't let you get to free agency - they'll extend guys either right before the season or right after the regular season. 

If your contract tolls, they're perfectly fine with letting someone test the market. Not that it's a smart thing to do (the Texans secondary shoulduld be AJ Bouye, Kareem Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu) but it's the way the Texans do business. This isn't just a BoB thing either, the Gary Kubiak era also had its share of moments like this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nothing mean about it - I think the truth is sort of in the middle. If the Texans like you, they usually don't let you get to free agency - they'll extend guys either right before the season or right after the regular season. 

If your contract tolls, they're perfectly fine with letting someone test the market. Not that it's a smart thing to do (the Texans secondary shoulduld be AJ Bouye, Kareem Jackson and Tyrann Mathieu) but it's the way the Texans do business. This isn't just a BoB thing either, the Gary Kubiak era also had its share of moments like this.

B O B just fired about 10 more people from the front office / support staff.

Order 66 is going to plan.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

B O B just fired about 10 more people from the front office / support staff.

Order 66 is going to plan.

Pretty much, yes. Whenever Luke Skywalker shows up and rids us of this Emperor, this franchise is going to be a complete mess.

• Like 1